Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2011 Challenge Archive > January - Pick It For Me Challenge

Comments (showing 201-250 of 533) (533 new)    post a comment »

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 4085 comments Ladykati wrote: " BJ Rose

A. Try Something New"

Thanks for the recommendations, Ladykati -
I'm going with Judgment in Death & perhaps also Kiss of Fire, which I've put in challenges for the past 3 months & then replaced with something newer!

I like Connie Brockway, so I don't know why I keep putting off reading All Through the Night, so thanks for the reminder there. And if I have time, I may pick up Halfway to the Grave. Jeanine Frost would be a new author to me.

message 202: by Ari (last edited Dec 29, 2010 02:30PM) (new)

Ari (moochew12) | 159 comments Ello again Delicious Dee!
I changed most of the picks, but some I left the same. Hopefully this take two is better, but if not third's always a charm!
A.Try Something New
1. New Author:
Dream Boy by Jim G.
2. New Series:
Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu. It’d be interesting to read her stuff she’s a newer and younger author.
3. New Genre:
A Northern Light. You haven’t read too much young adult. I think you might enjoy this.
B. Better You - From their TBR
1. Lose Weight:
Fishing for Stars. Hopefully, you’ve not read this. Even longer than the other one. Muwhahaha. 602 pages.
2. Save Money:
The Kite Runner. Ok, so I kinda cheated. I didn’t read this yet, but it has good ratings and I own it. If you pick this, then I’ll read it too.
3. Get Organized:.
Stolen by Kelly Armstrong. Let me know if maybe you read this, but didn’t add it.
C. Enjoy Life More
I’m keeping these the same. They seem “fun.”
1.Bitter in the Mouth: A Novel.
2.Inked.

Polina (p0lit0o) | 63 comments Hi, Kristina. Here are your picks. Happy holidays!

A. Try Something New
1. New Author: The author is Suzanne Collins, the book - The Hunger Games

2. New Series: The Lightning Thief, the first book of Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

3. New Genre: Kiss an Angel a little chic-lit never hurts. :)

1. Lose Weight: Across the Universe

2. Save Money: Hamlet, the only one we have in common.

3. Get Organized: Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow Matchmakers #4) (all of the books were added on December 17, 2010, so it was a random pick)

C. Enjoy Life More
1. A Dropped Stitches Christmas (Sisterhood Series #2)
2. The Perfect Gift

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) Kiss an Angel Across the Universe Hamlet Dream a Little Dream (Mule Hollow Matchmakers #4) (Love Inspired) A Dropped Stitches Christmas (Sisterhood Series #2) (Love Inspired #423) The Perfect Gift (Love Inspired)

LethalLovely~As Long as We're Going Down, (LethalLovely) | 818 comments Selena wrote: "Fran , thank you very much for your picks ^^ They were very good
I find myself very atracted to the novels " Skin Game " and " Ruthless Game " *laughs* . I guess these are my next --victims :))
..."

Thank you very much for the recs, Selena! They all seem very interesting. I think I'm going to go with Pack Challenge. It's a Kindle freebie & I'm always looking for an excuse to try out my new ereader! =) I'll also make a note to read the 2nd book in the Dragon Kin series first, since in your opinion, it's better than About a Dragon. Again, thanks!

message 205: by Rebecca (last edited Dec 29, 2010 04:36PM) (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 356 comments Hi Moondust, Here are my picks for you:

A. Try Something New
1. New Author: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater this is an exceptional novel. I hope you like it as much as me.

2. New Series: Marked by P.C. Cast This is a good start to a good series.

3. New Genre: The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory This 'historical fiction' book was fab.

1. Lose Weight: Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell I have not read this book myself yet but will do in the new year.

2. Save Money: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith It was a great concept and very funny

3. Get Organized:
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

C. Enjoy Life More
1. The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong The plot was great, characters were great and I would reccomend this book to people who want a light fantasy read.
2. A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands A great tale which you can sink your fangs into!

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) Marked (House of Night, #1) The Queen's Fool Gone With the Wind Pride and Prejudice and Zombies Wuthering Heights The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1)

message 206: by Ashley♥Alexis (last edited Dec 29, 2010 06:58PM) (new)

Ashley♥Alexis | 309 comments Hey Katie!!!
Normally I would have posted sooner but these suggestions required a bit more work =p Hope you like them.

A. Try Something New
1. New Author:The Pleasure Slave by Gena Showalter, i recently discovered Gena Showalter and I really enjoy her, thought i'd share.
2. New Series: Carpathians Series by Christine Feehan. I've read 8/20 so far. I've loved every book. It starts with Dark Prince
3. New genrePride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

B. Better You - F
1. Lose Weight: Lover Avenged by J.R Ward
2. Save Money:Covet by J.R Ward
3. Get Organized: Corralled by Lorelei James has been on your shelf since April. Maybe it's time you checked it out =p

C. Enjoy Life More
1: Burning Wild by Christine Feehan. This is the 3rd book in the series. each book is stand alone so it's ok just to pick it up out of order, the only thing they have in common is the fact that its about shape-shifters. I read this last week and that was before i knew what D/s meant...oh my this book was interesting. haha.

2: Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris. I'm a sucker for Sookie Stackhouse novels. I'm kinda disgusted that Harris is drawing it out like this but of course I'll read every one of them.

message 207: by Emily (last edited Dec 29, 2010 07:17PM) (new)

Emily | 109 comments Katherine

Here are the choices for you.

A-Try Something New
1.New Author-The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Saw this in your TBR and since it is the first, one of the best books I have read. It draws you in and is funny, sweet and delightful.
2.New Series-Covet by Jr Ward, I have this on my shelf too but I heard it was really good
3.New Genre-I am going to recommend Hunger Games for you, it is not on your TBR but I think it fits with Genre you have a wide variety of taste to choose from. Very good book.

B-Better For You
1.Lose Weight-Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer-Weighty and a good sequel for Twilight, New Moon.
2.Save Money-Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde, haunting book but wonderful.
3.Get Organized-The Shining by Stephen King, great book.

C-Enjoy Life More
1.And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie-loved this book couldn't put it down.
2.Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas-Wonderful fun, the Hathaways are fiesty and often very funny

The Shining Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) The Princess Bride Covet (The Fallen Angels, #1) The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) Eclipse (Twilight, #3) The Picture of Dorian Gray And Then There Were None

message 208: by Rachel (last edited Dec 29, 2010 07:27PM) (new)

Rachel | 92 comments Annvelwis, after viewing your shelves I think it is safe to say you have definitely read a lot more than me, however we did have quite a few books in common and seem to give similar ratings, so hopefully I'll be able to recommend something that interests you. :)

1. New Author: Blue Aspen
2. New Series: Black Ice, Hush, Hush
3. New Genre: Veronika Decides to Die

Blue Aspen Black Ice (Ice, #1) Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Veronika Decides to Die

1. Lose Weight: Beautiful Darkness
2. Save Money: Northern Lights
3. Get Organized: Glass Houses

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) Northern Lights Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)

1. The Only Alien on the Planet
2. A Certain Slant of Light

The Only Alien on the Planet A Certain Slant of Light

Sorry, I listed an extra one cause I couldn't decide which one to post so I just picked them both! ;) I hope at least one appeals to you. Happy reading. :)

Katie | 1075 comments hey ashleyalexis~

i've been doing so much m/m reading lately that i've lost touch with the m/f world. i love finding new authors and series and this challenge is PERFECT for that. i know my shelves consist of mainly m/m, so thank you for wading through all that and coming up with so many great suggestions without their aid. i'm going to go with 'the pleasure slave' and 'dark prince'. hopefully i get to a couple of the others, too, but you never know :)

Britta (Quintessensical) Woops! This challenge almost slipped my mind! Glad I remembered :D

K. ... You and I are very different. very different.. ._. And you don't have a lot on your list either, but I will do my very best to pick you something that you might enjoy! (:
I'll have your picks by tonight!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 5294 comments Q: What did the one ocean say to the other ocean?
A: Nothing. They just waved.

Since I don't have picks yet, I'm forced to post 5th grade humor. Maybe I give myself too much credit. That might be a 3rd grade joke. I told it to my niece while visiting with family. She's in 5th grade and she laughed. Maybe somebody could try it out on a 3rd grader and we could find out where that joke really lies. Then again, the humor might be dependent on sex or life experiences. Maybe only 5th grade girls and 41 YO men find the joke amusing. Do you have to have seen an ocean to understand it? Maybe the joke would be funnier if it was something other than oceans. How about "Q: What did the first oscilloscope say to the second oscilloscope?" Does the joke change when using a machine that defines and displays wave shape as opposed to just having waves as a characteristic? Probably most 5th grade girls wouldn't know much about oscilloscopes so the target audience would certainly shrink. Maybe the joke could be altered to have something to do with hair or something else with a natural wave that would change the target again. But not all hair has waves. Not all oceans have waves for that matter. On Earth they do as it is a function of gravity with our moon. You know this is just a stream of consciousness ramble of what I'm thinking while I am trying to be patient waiting for recommendations. Patience is a virtue. Virtue is trying to be morally excellent.

message 212: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments LOL, Jim! Patience is a virtue! I haven't gotten mine either.

I'm sure that if I tell that joke to my 50 YO husband, he'll laugh. :p

While I'm pretending to work today (I'm the only person in the office from my department), I'll send reminders to those that haven't made their picks. :)

Annvelwis | 671 comments Rachel wrote: "Annvelwis, after viewing your shelves I think it is safe to say you have definitely read a lot more than me, however we did have quite a few books in common and seem to give similar ratings, so hop..."

Thank you so much for wonderful picks. I'll try to get my hands on The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle but I'm not sure if I'll manage to do that until the end of the month. So, my backup plan would be either Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (it waits for me to read it for so long now!) or Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia.
Oh, and you're second person thet recommends me Anne Stuart. I should probably check her out too :D
Thanks!

Katherine (kebrand0112) | 158 comments SheSwitches, here are your recommendations.

A.
1. Nicholas by Elizabeth Amber

2. At the Mercy of Her Pleasure by Kayelle Allen

3. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

B.
1. Under the Dome by Stephen King I'm about to start this book.

2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

3. Delicious by Shayla Black

C.
1. As She Climbed Across the Table by Jonathan Lethem Great short read.

2. Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin I can't seem to stop recommending this book. I enjoyed it so much

Nicholas (The Lords of Satyr, #1) At the Mercy of Her Pleasure (A Tarthian Empire Story, Antonello Brothers, #1) The Picture of Dorian Gray Under the Dome The Book Thief Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3) As She Climbed Across the Table Alice I Have Been

Let me know if none of these appeals to you. I will think of more. :)

Katherine (kebrand0112) | 158 comments Emily,
Thank you for the wonderful recommendations.
I am actually re-reading The Picture of Dorian Gray right now. :)

I think I will read Covet this month, and Hunger Games if I can fit it in. :)

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Annie, I just got internet access back and checked in to find some great recommendations. Thanks.
I will probably go with one of the ones from the TBR selections. It is a real toss up between Graceling and Winter Moon.

Annie (a mad hamster) wrote: "Hi Debbie (Onyx95).

Thought I'd better get on this while I remembered! Hope you can find something in here you like. Sorry, I didn't find many on your TBR - as I haven't read a lot of them. :(
..."

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Megan, So sorry I am running late getting these done for you. I have had terrible internet connection lately and haven't been able to get this done till now.

A. Try Something New
1. New Author: The Darkest Night
2. New Series: The Shop on Blossom Street
3. New Genre: The Host

1. Lose Weight: Graceling
2. Save Money: Fallen
3. Get Organized: The Luxe

C. Enjoy Life More
1. Wicked Appetite
2. Truly, Madly

several of these fit in multiple categories, but I hope you can find something the interests you. Again I am so sorry I am late getting this done.

Emily | 109 comments Katherine wrote: "Emily,
Thank you for the wonderful recommendations.
I am actually re-reading The Picture of Dorian Gray right now. :)

I think I will read Covet this month, and Hunger Games if I can fit it in..."

I have not read Covet yet, but Hunger Games is really good very different story which is always nice.

Mandy Beyers (MandyBeyers) | 722 comments Photojim wrote: "Q: What did the one ocean say to the other ocean?

Since I don't have picks yet, I'm forced to post 5th grade humor. Maybe I give myself too much credit. That might ..."

LOL - told this to my 3rd grade son, who laughed - then he responded with:
Q. What dries as it gets wetter?
A. A towel!

message 220: by Kami (last edited Dec 30, 2010 10:06AM) (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 890 comments My son is five and he usually makes up jokes. He'll say "knock knock" I'll say "Who's there?" And then he'll say "Orange." And then start laughing hysterically. I'll try to tell him that he's supposed to say the punch line "Orange you glad I didn't say banana." Before laughing hysterically. But just saying "Orange" is enough for him to get a fit of giggles.

Macwolf01 [Elise] (Macwolf01) | 927 comments Cassie wrote: "Hey Macwolf01[Elise]!! I had a lot of fun going through your lists! We seem to have a lot in common! Here are my picks for you, it was hard narrowing it down....have fun and I hope you find somethi..."

Hi Cassie, Thanks for the great picks I'll either read Evernight or A Game of Thrones!

Mandy Beyers (MandyBeyers) | 722 comments Kami wrote: "My son is five and he usually makes up jokes. He'll say "knock knock" I'll say "Who's there?" And then he'll say "Orange." And then start laughing hysterically. I'll try to tell him that he's suppo..."

That sounds like my house - my 3 y.o. just hasn't quite got the point of knock-knock jokes yet, but tries to copy the older kids. They all like the impatient cow joke, so try to make up their own version!

~Megan~ (Megadee) Debbie wrote: "Megan, So sorry I am running late getting these done for you. I have had terrible internet connection lately and haven't been able to get this done till now."

Thanks Debbie!! I think I will try for either The Luxe or Truly, Madly!

message 224: by Leah (new)

Leah Oh, D.G., I get to pick for you! Yay! I'll have your picks posted by tonight. I haven't been on GR in the past couple of days :)

Pollyanna (Polly8) | 300 comments Drq wrote: "

For Pollyanna
A. Try Something New
1. New Author: Sugar Daddy
2. New Series: Déjà Dead
3. New Genre: Love Only Once

B. Better You - From their T..."

Thanks for the recs I think I'll go with
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn or Déjà Dead

message 226: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 1103 comments D.G., I know this is premature, but just to let you know. I'm available for picking recs for people who are still without recs once the deadline hits.

message 227: by Pollyanna (last edited Dec 30, 2010 11:28AM) (new)

Pollyanna (Polly8) | 300 comments Hi Cathy :)

A. Try Something New
Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

2. New Series:
Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

3. New Genre:
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory

1. Lose Weight: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

2. Save Money: Sins of a Highland Devil by Sue-Ellen Welfonder

3. Get Organized:The Pact by Jodi Picoult

C. Enjoy Life More
1:
The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
2. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Hope you find something you like there :)

Valerie | 278 comments Rachel, here are my picks for you. All came directly from your TBR. You have a lot of my favorites on there.

A. Try Something New
1. New Author: The Gargoyle
2. New Series: Covet
3. New Genre: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; this is an addicting series - I am just starting book 3.

B. Better You
1. Lose Weight: Outlander; this book is still on my TBR, too. I've been a bit intimidated by the size. If you pick this one, I will read it with you.
2. Save Money: Vision in White
3. Get Organized: The Lovely Bones

C. Enjoy Life More
1. The Hunger Games
2. Full Moon Rising

Kerste | 144 comments I tried this joke on my 5 year old and she looked at me a little quizzically and said, "They waved...with their waves?" while she made the motion of the waves rolling with her hand.

I nodded and she said, "Oh." Like, okay, that makes sense.

Now I'm stuck in a never ending..."what did the (fill in the blank) say to the other (fill in the blank)?" conversation. The answers still aren't funny, only serious.

Sigh. Hope my books are available at the library soon.

Photojim wrote: "Q: What did the one ocean say to the other ocean?

Since I don't have picks yet, I'm forced to post 5th grade humor. Maybe I give myself too much credit. That might ..."

message 230: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments Gigi wrote: "D.G., I know this is premature, but just to let you know. I'm available for picking recs for people who are still without recs once the deadline hits."

No premature at all, Gigi. Thanks for offering! With the new year and all, I wouldn't be surprised if we need morI'll put you in the list of volunteers up front. :)

message 231: by Leah (new)

Leah D.G., once I get yours up in a little bit, I can make recs for someone who needs them, too :)

message 232: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments Thanks for volunteering too, Leah! But we need to wait until January 2nd 2pm EST (that's the deadline). If you are available that day, let me know and I'll put you in the list. :)

message 233: by Leah (new)

Leah No problem! :)

message 234: by Leah (new)

Leah D.G., I'm glad to have been chosen to pick for you since I've known you a little while and I can, hopefully, make some good picks for you. So, here you go...

A. Try Something New
1. New Author:
This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - I noticed you've only read a little Young Adult and I don't read too much of it myself, but Sarah Dessen is one of my favorite YA writers. She writes teenagers well and I don't think that she makes them out to be complete idiots. She also has them dealing with real, everyday situations. Anyway, this is my favorite book by her and if you read it I hope you'll like it.

2. New Series: Born of Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon - The League is a great series, sometimes I think it's my favorite of SK's series. Anyway, this is a wonderful book and I read it in about 1-2 days the first time. I think you will enjoy it. It's got a huge romance element but I also like the fact that it's in another universe and it's not about "human beings." I mean, they aren't aliens or anything, but they have different races that aren't "human."

3. New Genre: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost - You don't have an Urban Fantasy shelf and it doesn't look like you really read much of it. From what I can tell. You also have this on your TBR list, so I figure you want to read it since it's there. Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney Urban Fantasy!

B. Better You
1. Lose Weight:
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy - Okay, sorry, I had to put this because you specifically asked your pickee not to pick it for you. Although, it is the biggest book on your TBR shelf! My real choice for you, though, is The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon - This is the second biggest book on your TBR shelf. I haven't read it but since you seemed to like the first four, you might as well read the fifth one, right?

2. Save Money: Sweet Talk by Susan Mallery - This is the only book on your TBR shelf that I have read. Of course, I love Susan Mallery so I probably would have chosen it anyway! I don't think this is her best series but it's a good one.

3. Get Organized: Don Quijote de la Mancha I by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra - This has been on your TBR shelf the longest. Since July 21, 2007! Maybe it's about time you read it, eh?

C. Enjoy Life More
Reckless by Anne Stuart - I haven't read this series yet but everyone seems to love it. You've read the first one and gave it three stars. Maybe the second one will be better for you?

2. The Warlord Wants Forever by Kresley Cole - You haven't read anything by her and I think that this novella is a nice, short, fun read. It's the intro to the Immortals After Dark series, which is one of my favorites.

This Lullaby Born of Night (The League, #1) Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) War and Peace The Fiery Cross (Outlander, #5) Sweet Talk (Bakery Sisters #1) Don Quijote de la Mancha I Reckless (The House of Rohan, #2) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)

message 235: by Leah (new)

Leah Inga wrote: "Hi, Lady Leah, hope you'll find something fun & interesting :)

Try Something New

1. New Author
I haven't actually read this book, but it's on my TBR list. Also, it's YA with rather good rati..."

Inga, thank you for all the wonderful choices. I'm going to either read Pleasure Unbound, Crave, or Unraveled :)

Carolyn F. | 698 comments Okay Valerie - this one was hard!!!

1. New Author - Storm Born
2. New series - Kiss of Midnight
3. New genre - Go Ask Alice
4. Lengthy - Outlander
5. Already have -Persuasion
6. Sat on TBR shelf - Mortal Sins
7. Have fun - On the Prowl (Alpha and Omega:Briggs) (Inhuman:Wilks) (Buying Trouble:Chance)
8. Have fun - Bitten

message 237: by D.G. (last edited Dec 30, 2010 01:10PM) (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments Lady Leah *Silk Desire* Westcliff wrote: "1. Lose Weight: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy - Okay, sorry, I had to put this because you specifically asked your pickee not to pick it for you. "

LOLOLOL, Leah! Thanks for the laugh and thanks for the great recommendations!

This Lullaby sounds really good and I already requested it from the library. Let's see if it gets here before the end of the month! If not, most likely I'll read either Halfway to the Grave, Sweet Talk or Reckless. I've read so many good things about Bones so I'm looking forward to that. I think the only UF I've read is the Mercy Thompson series which I have in the paranormal shelf (I just don't want to bother with another shelf, LOL!)

I'm planning to read The Fiery Cross and either War and Peace or Don Quijote this year. But most likely I won't start now as and I'm already planning to read a different 700+ pg book this month. Maybe in February! :)

Tuğçe Sevin (TugceninKitapligi) | 606 comments Photojim wrote: "Q: What did the one ocean say to the other ocean?

well its same here i've been checking the thread since 28th every so often but nothing for me yet either, so still waitiing: )
happy new year all

message 239: by Leah (new)

Leah LMAO, no problem, D.G. When I saw War and Peace on your shelf, I jus HAD to, LOL. This Lullaby is really great and I hope you'll enjoy it when you read it; I'll look forward to your review! Bones...he's...oh, he's just great. You'll love him if you like nothing else about the book, LOL. And I completely understand about not wanting to bother with another shelf! LOL. Good Lord, woman, what's up with all the freaking ginormous books?! I do commend you for even bothering to think about reading them, LOL. I hope you like all the picks you read :D

message 240: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments Lady Leah *Silk Desire* Westcliff wrote: "Good Lord, woman, what's up with all the freaking ginormous books?!"

LOL! I'm a bit afraid of big books so I always put them aside to read for later. The funny thing is that when I finally read them I say...this book was great...why did it take me so long to read it, LOL!

Maybe I'll do with W&P the same I did with Montecristo. Once I got my iPod Touch and I got the Classics app, I challenged myself to read a chapter a day (the book has 111 chapters unabridged) but I read it in less than 2 months because the book was so exciting.

message 241: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments Yikes! I just checked and W&P has almost 400 chapters! That may take me more than a year to read if I read a chapter a day. :)

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 5294 comments Maybe so, but each chapter is only 50 pages or so.

message 243: by Inga (new)

Inga | 261 comments Lady Leah *Silk Desire* Westcliff wrote: "Inga, thank you for all the wonderful choices. I'm going to either read Pleasure Unbound, Crave, or Unraveled :)"

Great you found something to choose from! :) Enjoy!

Macwolf01 [Elise] (Macwolf01) | 927 comments Hi Atumn, could you make your profile public or become my friend so I can pick some books for you :0) THX Elise

Annie (themadnessofhamsters) Hi D.G. - I'll just add to lady Leah's rec of Sarah Dessen. She is wonderful.

I lent The Truth about Forever to my sister (nearly 50 at the time). She was wondering what the hell I was doing, lending her such a *pink* book. But, she trusted me - and loved it.

message 246: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments Photojim wrote: "Maybe so, but each chapter is only 50 pages or so."

50 pages a chapter!! That can't be...it would mean the book has over 15K pages!

Annie (themadnessofhamsters) Debbie wrote: "Annie, I just got internet access back and checked in to find some great recommendations. Thanks.
I will probably go with one of the ones from the TBR selections. It is a real toss up between Gra..."

Thanks Debbie. I completely understand the internet thing. I've just changed providers and am supposed to have access. I don't. So, my access is work-dependent at the moment.

Anyway - Graceling is great - action, adventure, touch of fantasy. But many pages, and a storyline that requires brain.
Winter Moon, on the other hand, is a novella collection. So good for days with little brain.

And, that's why I read so many anthologies - sometimes sustaining a commitment to a whole novel just isn't possible. :)

message 248: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments Annie (a mad hamster) wrote: "Hi D.G. - I'll just add to lady Leah's rec of Sarah Dessen. She is wonderful. "

I've never even heard of that author...I'm excited to read it. :)

message 249: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3703 comments It's now 5pm so I can leave work. :) Meanwhile, I'll leave you with an update.

80% of the players have picks. :)

I sent a message to everybody I could (meaning, those that had public profiles or had the messaging option enabled) to remind them to post their picks. Hopefully most people would check in the next day or so...if not, I'll do a remix on Sunday. So please anybody that's willing to post picks, please let me know (if you volunteer, please make sure you're available on Sunday afternoon EST so the players don't have to wait longer for their picks!)

Kerste | 144 comments I could pick for someone else and I can make sure I get up and check here Sunday morning, which is Sunday afternoon EST, so folks won't have to wait.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Confessions of a Shopaholic (other topics)
Evermore (other topics)
Handle With Care (other topics)
Vampire Academy (other topics)
Addicted (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rachel Vincent (other topics)
Megan Hart (other topics)
Julie James (other topics)
Karen Marie Moning (other topics)
Nalini Singh (other topics)
More...