Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Archive > Group Read- MacKenzies Mountain (Mackenzie #1)

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 94 comments I'm going to add each of Linda Howards books as group reads. My personal goal is to get through her entire library. Although, I've read and enjoyed this one. However, please feel free to discuss when and if you'd like. Spoilers welcome. However, please just indicate that there are spoilers present.

Mackenzie's Mountain
Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) by Linda Howard

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 151 comments Awesome book :)

message 3: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 94 comments I loved it!

message 4: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 23 comments I agree. This was by far the best book in the series, IMHO.

message 5: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 94 comments I loved Wolf Mackenzie!

message 6: by Shonna (new)

Shonna (sclaude) | 27 comments Loved, loved, loved this series. Have read several times and will continue to re-read. This is one of my favorites.

message 7: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan | 14 comments Well...In did enjoy this book. Wolf is sooooo sexy and strong and I adore Wyoming...lol. Mary is smart and brave, but I longed for her to be sexier. I am reading the whole series now and my fondness for the love that Wolf and Mary share is growing. I am interested in learning about the rest of the family!

message 8: by Elayne (new)

Elayne (ElayneT) | 195 comments I've read this series three times..loved them more and more..

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet (JanetLilith) | 137 comments Wolf Mackenzie. *sigh* For me, the quintessential Alpha romance man.

message 10: by Elayne (new)

Elayne (ElayneT) | 195 comments ZANE...definately Wolf's son..when he lay down..phew lol

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (InDeathAddict) | 4663 comments Mod
Can't say I love Wyoming. I lived there for a year and it is cold....I would look outside and think it's such a beautiful day and I would walk outside and nearly get thrown to the ground by the bone chilling wind.

I agree with everyone else I love this series. I have reread the stories so many times I can tell you some lines by heart.

message 12: by Dee (new)

I wish she would have written about the other two boys . Offhand I can't remember their names.

message 13: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 629 comments Dee,
That is just the way my Dad described Wyo.,he said it was so cold and windy the stuff in his locker-inside the bldg would freeze and I guess Rock Springs is just one example of that

message 14: by Ruby (last edited Jul 21, 2012 06:56AM) (new)

Ruby (RubySwan) | 7 comments Wolf McK. is a Hunk of burning Love:P..!

message 15: by Dee (new)

Kathy Anne wrote: "Dee,
That is just the way my Dad described Wyo.,he said it was so cold and windy the stuff in his locker-inside the bldg would freeze and I guess Rock Springs is just one example of that"

When and where was your dad in Wyoming? I was in the Air Force in Cheyenne.

message 16: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 629 comments My Dad was at Francis E Warren,is that where you were too?He said he never had any desire to return !

message 17: by Dee (last edited Jul 22, 2012 02:59AM) (new)

I was also stationed there. Do you know when? I was stationed there in 1969 and 1970. I agree I have never wanted to return. I live in Phoenix, AZ, have for most of my life (no snow). The first time it snowed there I had no idea how to get the ice off my car window.
It didn't matter what clothes you put on, you froze because of the wind. I almost got frostbite on my feet because I had no idea how to dress.

message 18: by Kathy Anne (new)

Kathy Anne (KathyAnne) | 629 comments Hi Dee
I don`t know why I never did look here for your answer.I guess cause Joe Mac is OK but I`m not really a big fan of the rest of them .I don`t know when he was stationed there,I`d guess in the late 70s or early 80s,I`ll have to ask
I guess he was going to collage in Denver with a friend and they decided to enlist,that was Lackland where it was way too hot.

message 19: by Dee (new)

I'm from Phoenix and I went to Lackland in late May early June. So it didn't seem that bad. The nice thing was when the temp got to bad we were prevented from doing a lot of outside activities. I was stationed in Denver (Lowrey) for tech school. I LOVED DENVER.

message 20: by Dana (new)

Dana (dapperD) | 136 comments Totally agree, I can't count how many times I've read this series. Wolf....*sigh*. Who wouldn't love a little Wolf in their life?

message 21: by Dee (new)

I also find I read Game of chance (Chance Mackenzie) over and over again. I love a strong man! Ahhhhhh

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mackenzie's Mountain (other topics)