SciFi and Fantasy Book Club discussion

519 views

Comments (showing 351-380 of 380) (380 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 351: by Jackie (last edited Apr 25, 2012 10:10AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) I didn't like Stark, not until that moment when he sacrificed himself. I was annoyed that I finally liked him and then he's gone. But it wasn't sad to me and I got over it quickly. Holli was different, I liked her, I liked her with Fargo and she was a good addition to Eureka.
I knew that bitch from SGU was the one giving Bev info. She was too anti everything they wanted to do to find the Astraeus. My husband didn't think so....don't second guess my guesses, lol


colleen the contrarian  ± (... never stop fighting) ± (blackrose13) | 1248 comments A lot of times, in books and movies, it's not the death of a character I get emotional about so much as seeing other people's reactions to that death.

So right now I didn't have a teary sort of reaction - but I might, later, when we deal with Fargo's, or anyone else's, grief about it.

Right now it was more of that "out of nowhere WTF" reaction from me... followed by a cynical "Well, I guess Felicia Day needed time to go work on something else."

(It probably doesn't help that while I liked the character well enough, she wasn't really around long enough for me to have an emotional connection to her... )


message 353: by [deleted user] (new)

Fargo won't know for a while. They'll probably replace her with a computer clone or something.


Jackie (thelastwolf) She wasn't around long enough, I agree, and maybe that's what it bothers me because I would have liked to see more of her and get to know her better.


colleen the contrarian  ± (... never stop fighting) ± (blackrose13) | 1248 comments Ala wrote: "Fargo won't know for a while. They'll probably replace her with a computer clone or something."

Yeah, but I'm hoping the computer simulation thing doesn't last that long. Judging from the previews for next week's episode, it should start unraveling (more) soon.

@Jackie - Yeah, but then think how much more you'd miss her when it's over.


message 356: by Jackie (last edited Apr 25, 2012 12:08PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) Colleen wrote: Judging from the previews for next week's episode, it should start unraveling (more) soon.
@Jackie - Yeah, but then think how much more you'd miss her when it's over.


I hope so because I'm not liking this computer world very much.

True about Holli. But I'd have made that trade-off.


message 357: by [deleted user] (new)

Poor Fargo...


message 358: by Al (new)

Al (alkalar) | 267 comments Ala wrote: "Poor Fargo..."

If Sigh Fart hadn't cancelled the show because of money problems, the script writing for this season would kill it off anyway. Very depressing and a huge departure from the formula that served it so well up through last season.


message 359: by Kim, The Zinoviev (new)

Kim (shirezu) | 785 comments Mod
It wasn't so much that (view spoiler) but more the way it was done that I disliked. I'd say with the ending in sight they've just decided to go a little crazy with it.


message 360: by Kim, The Zinoviev (new)

Kim (shirezu) | 785 comments Mod
I really think they're just having fun with it now and why not, it's good.


message 361: by [deleted user] (new)

I missed it last night, but hopefully they do just say to hell with it and go crazy this last season.


message 362: by Liz (new)

Liz | 175 comments They had to have fun making last night's episode. Hope you get to catch it Ala.


message 363: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll watch I tonight when I get home :)


Jackie (thelastwolf) I love it for that very reason, it doesn't take itself seriously. It's always fun. I can't believe it's almost over, I'm gonna be so sad. I'll miss it.

And I'm so happy Holli's back and with a body, lol


message 365: by Gary (new)

Gary Lee (GaryMarkLee) | 7 comments I think the show is alot of fun, but TV always has a problem with Sci-Fi or other shows that take mind work to understand, but I still hope for the best and I do find some fun things in the show.


colleen the contrarian  ± (... never stop fighting) ± (blackrose13) | 1248 comments Thomas wrote: "My wife and I love this show. It's definitely diverged from its original formula, but we're invested enough in the characters at this point for that not to matter too much. It isn't like the show e..."

In which ways would you say it's diverged from its original formula?


message 367: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Gilson (smgilson) | 4 comments I believe this was the last season since it has been cancelled. :( I am two episodes behind because my husband is working at a summer camp for two weeks and we like to watch it together. I hope it ends well enough and they don't have to make a movie like they did with Firefly.


message 368: by Gary (new)

Gary Lee (GaryMarkLee) | 7 comments no poilers here. just to let you know I thought the ending was very nice, I'm sorry to see the show end it was lots of fun and some really good story lines, lets hope they will replace it with something as good and not just another "ghost hunters" type thing.

Gary


message 369: by Tad (new)

Tad (tottman) | 101 comments I thought the ending was just about right. Just the right amount of wistfulness and melancholy.


message 370: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) | 894 comments Tad wrote: "I thought the ending was just about right. Just the right amount of wistfulness and melancholy."

That final drive in the rain, though, made me want to go back and watch the beginning of season one again. That was sooooo looooong agooooo. :)

I'm going to miss Eureak. :(


message 371: by Liz (new)

Liz | 175 comments I was glad I didn't need tissues


message 372: by Gary (new)

Gary Lee (GaryMarkLee) | 7 comments it was a very good show, but we can see it again in returns.


Simcha Lazarus (SCLazarus) | 4 comments I haven't watched the last episode yet because I just don't want it to end. At the same time I did feel like the show was getting a little stale so the end probably came at a good time. It just hasn't been as much fun with a suit-wearing, law-abiding Zane and no Zoe :(


message 374: by Al (new)

Al (alkalar) | 267 comments Simcha wrote: "I haven't watched the last episode yet because I just don't want it to end. At the same time I did feel like the show was getting a little stale so the end probably came at a good time. It just has..."

I agree. The writing seemed to deteriorate towards the end. Perhaps the original writers moved on before the ax fell? The plots were so poor, it's almost a relief to see it end.


Simcha Lazarus (SCLazarus) | 4 comments Nicki wrote: "My understanding is that some of the writers were moved to Alphas, which may be why it struggled a bit in places this season, although I still loved it."

Hm, I didn't know that. Maybe I should give Alphas a try then.


Julie Rainey The final episode wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. Everything relationship wise was wrapped up nice and neat but the writing seemed lax. Still, it was a good show and I will miss it. It was one of my faves. :(


Wayne Basta (waynebasta) I have to agree with the sentiment of some. I loved Eureka but was mostly disappointed with the last season. It wasn't bad per say, but it lacked something.

The last episode especially. Grace being in prison and then being released because? That part made no logical sense.


message 378: by Kim, The Zinoviev (new)

Kim (shirezu) | 785 comments Mod
Yeah I was a little disappointed in the last episode too. I watched a farewell vid from the actors playing Fargo and Carter and they said the last episode was very rushed so maybe they just ran out of time to do it the way they wanted.


Stacy (TechnicolourTeacup) | 2 comments I agree about the last season not being so great... I think I read though that the budget was lower, and that they were originally given a full season, then had it cut to 13 episodes... I might be wrong, but if it's true, it would explain a lot.

To me, the whole season seemed very rushed... everything happened so quickly, it was like I didn't have time to even start caring!


James West (jawest) | 10 comments This is one of my favorite shows :) My wife and I were really upset when they took it off the air.


1 2 3 4 5 6 8 next »
back to top

unread topics | mark unread


Books mentioned in this topic

The Saving Graces (other topics)