Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Spectacular Series > Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost

Comments (showing 1-50 of 202) (202 new)    post a comment »

Elizabeth (LChacha) Great series...I loved following this couple. Next book comes out in February.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments IT is a very fun series, I am doing a re-read right now by listening to the audio versions, which are fun. The series revolves around the romance and relationship of the two main characters. It is a great couple and a really steamy romance with great sex scenese. But the series is definitely UF, but the romance and humor are what make it so good.

These are the books:

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost and to be released on February: This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost

There are several decent short stories involving the main characters (Cat and Bones):
Unbound (Includes  Night Huntress Prequel, #.5) by Kim Harrison Death's Excellent Vacation (Includes  Night Huntress, #4.5; Sookie Stackhouse, #10.1,) by Charlaine Harris and some others as well.

There are two spin offs and they are paranormal romance, with a happily ever after for a different couple in each book (with same characters):
First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost

message 3: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 13, 2010 01:54PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) This series is a great starter series for those trying out PNR/UF. It has a varied mix of both romance and action, and can be classified as either a paranormal romance or urban fantasy.

Jessica | 160 comments Oooooo this is my second favorite series right now! (Black Dagger Brotherhood being the first) I can NOT get enough of Bones! *sigh* his accent makes me melt!!! And I LOVED Menchere's book!! And YAY for Vlad getting his own series huh?! So excited about it!!

message 5: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Shell Schroth (MsShell) | 1520 comments Mod
I just finished Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost and wrote my review which was simply...'DAMN' followed by 5 fat stars... What an amzing story... Im most definatly hooked.

Jessica | 160 comments Shell wrote: "I just finished Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost and wrote my review which was simply...'DAMN' followed by 5 fat stars... What an amzing story... Im most definatly hooked."

Oh Shell I"m so glad you like Bones!!! Annnnnd the best part??? The books only get better and HOTTER!!! YAY!!!

message 7: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Really? I finished One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost which was the epitome of HAWT!

Jessica | 160 comments CHAPTER 32!!!!! LOL Okay well maybe they don't get as HOT as book 2 but they def. get really super good!! LOL...it's hard to beat chapter 32!!! ;)

Megan | 129 comments I love this series. I hope Vlad gets his own book soon, and Ian too.

message 10: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Yes... The Infamous Chapter 32.... So no more experiences like that? Thatsa downer..

willaful | 98 comments I have got to hurry up and finish the Patricia Briggs books so I can move on to book 2!

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Oh enjoy Patricia Briggs! As much as I like Cat & Bones (even though no in detail sex scenes), I LOVE Patricia Briggs.

Ian is one of my favorite characters especially in First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost recently in an interview with members on a group on GR, Frost wrote that she is always surprised to hear how readers like Ian and want to read a book about him. She said it would take a few more centuries for him to be ready for monogomy!

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Here is her exact quote about writing a book about Ian :(

Q: After you write the Vlad series hopefully will there be an Ian book? Even if he doesn’t get a heroine?

The trick about writing an Ian book if he didn’t hook up with a heroine is that (a) it would mainly consist of a lot of violence and casual sex (that’s what Ian’s into right now, people! :), and I’m not sure I would want to do a book about that with him, and (b) it would have to be published under a different imprint than all my other books. I’m published under Avon Books, a romance imprint of HarperCollins, and if there isn’t a romance in the story then I have to be published under another imprint or book stores will shelve me in romance and readers will be pissed that they didn’t get what they were expecting when they bought the book. Even if I was shelved in Fantasy instead of Romance, switching genres on stories set in the same world may still result in readers expecting one thing from a book (because that’s what all the other books had) and being disappointed at getting another.

You can read the entire interview here.

Megan | 129 comments Regina wrote: "Here is her exact quote about writing a book about Ian :(

Q: After you write the Vlad series hopefully will there be an Ian book? Even if he doesn’t get a heroine?

The trick about writing a..."

I think Ian is one of those wild men that will some day set his eyes on that one special woman that was made for him, and will be a goner, lol.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "Regina wrote: "Here is her exact quote about writing a book about Ian :(

The trick ..."

I agree, and it would be a fantastic book. Kinda like

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas or Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

Megan | 129 comments Regina wrote: "Megan aka *Mheghan* wrote: "Regina wrote: "Here is her exact quote about writing a book about Ian :(

Q: After you write the Vlad series hopefully will there be an Ian book? Even if he doesn’t g..."

Exactly! I love those types of books.

message 17: by Regina (last edited Dec 20, 2010 08:34PM) (new)

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments My only problem with a Devil in Winter is that like the hero my son is also names Sebastian! So I had to change the name in the book In my mind everytime I read it! Lol.

Megan | 129 comments Regina wrote: "My only problem with a Devil in Winter is that like the hero my son is also names Sebastian! So I had to change the name in the book In my mind everytime I read it! Lol."

haha, I would have to do that too if I were you.

willaful | 98 comments My son's name is so common, it no longer bothers me. :-) But I find it very strange when romance authors name their children after their characters and vice versa!

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Lol yes I agree! Maybe they just love the name itself?

Jessica | 160 comments Regina wrote: "My only problem with a Devil in Winter is that like the hero my son is also names Sebastian! So I had to change the name in the book In my mind everytime I read it! Lol."

Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashleythe main character has my son's name and although I LOVED the book...I got wierded out too because I thought of my son whenever I read his name!!! LOL And he is NOT who I want to be thinking about during certain scenes ;)

Back to Cat and Bones: I LOVE Ian and I am perfectly okay with waiting to see where she takes him!!! Mencheres is one of my top favorite characters now because of THUNDER MOUNTAIN! ;)

Shell: No more chapter quite like that but there are definetely some hot scenes to come with the other books!!

message 22: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (last edited Dec 21, 2010 12:29PM) (new)

Phew... Thank-you. I was worried there... As I am definatly indulging in my dirty side with these books... Wouldn't want to dissapoint my alter ego.

P.S. Any other suggestions??? Lol~ NOT BDB~ Really wasn't a fan.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Shell while I liked BDB, I would say that BDB is hot/cold -- some people love it while others hate it and there doesn't seem to be much in between.

My favorite PNR series (aside from BDB) is: Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione (very hot hot hot) and Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh (hot as well)

Some of my favorite UF series are that I think you would like:
Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 24: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Ooh, I have seen the Patrica Briggs one and was tempted to buy it... Is that the first one? And I have already ordered the Pleasure Unbound.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Moon Called is the first in the Mercy Thompson series, Mercy is urban fantasy, there is a romance that takes place over 5 books -- but there is no immediate satisfaction. Pleasure Unbound -- well immediate satisfaction is given to the reader!

message 26: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Lol... Perfect thanks... I have both on my TBR list.

Jessica | 160 comments I love Nalini Singh's Guild Hunters series and I have this first one for her Psy series but haven't started it yet....I want to wait till I have at least the first 3 before I start!!! LOL

Leea Just got Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost and i cannot wait to start them...

Can someone tell me if I should look for the short stories? I don't want to miss anything!

message 29: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Oh Leea~ I have read the first 2~ LOVED THEM~ Waiting on the 3rd~ Enjoy~ Especially book 2~;)

Jessica | 160 comments Leea wrote: "Just got Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene FrostOne Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene FrostAt Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost and i cannot wait to start them...

Can someone tell me if I should loo..."

Leea Night Huntress is my 2nd favorite series out there right now!! So good!! I've read the shorts and you wont miss anything important if you don't read them. They're not vital to the storyline, more just fun stories about our favorite characters! I think one of them (if my memory is correct) is a short about Bones BEFORE he meets Cat, just gives a little background behind the world and characters but nothing too drastic where you're going to be confused in the storyline

Jessica | 160 comments Oh and don't forget to pick up First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost and Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World, #2) by Jeaniene Frost. These are a spin off from her Night Huntress books. It's Night Huntress World, and are about 2 side character from Cat and Bones! *sigh* love them!

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments I agree about the shorts, they are not necessary. There is one with Cat and Bones that is fun, but so not important. I am not a fan of the spin offs, I gave them 3 stars but it is still good to see Cat & Bones and a nice filler while we wait for the regular books to come out.

Jessica | 160 comments Regina wrote: "I agree about the shorts, they are not necessary. There is one with Cat and Bones that is fun, but so not important. I am not a fan of the spin offs, I gave them 3 stars but it is still good to s..."

I liked Eternal Kiss Of Darkness more than I did Spades book! But I agree..they are NOTHING compared to Bones *sigh* ;)

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Jessica I agree -- Mencheres book was better. Definitely. I just tend to prefer UF over PNR, so that is my own personal bias. :)

Jessica | 160 comments LOL...I'm the complete opposite Regina....I love my PNR's!! Although to be fair I haven't read many UF's so I don't really know too much about them. Bottom line?? There absolutely must be some good ol' LOVIN in my books! ;) Well except for my YA's!! LOL...I don't mind YA's either! What other UF's would you recommend? Night Huntress and Guild Hunters are really the ones (I think) that I've read. Which I LOVE both!

message 36: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Im with you Jessica~ I need there to be a love story~ With action preferably~:)

Leea I'm with you sister :) Romance is a must

Leea Just started Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost this morning and i already like it... Let's see what Cat and Bones have got!

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments Leea wrote: "Just started Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost this morning and i already like it... Let's see what Cat and Bones have got!"

You will love it!!! One of my fave paranormal series!!

Jessica | 160 comments Kay wrote: "Leea wrote: "Just started Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost this morning and i already like it... Let's see what Cat and Bones have got!"

You will love it!!! One of my fave paranormal series!!"

I'm definetely going to do a re-read before the new one comes out!! I just got my sister-in-law hooked on it as well!!! :) She's on book 4 and she has Spade and Mencheres after that....as much as I love to lend out my books...I still feel empty without them here with me!! :) lol

Leea So are they all not about Cat and Bones? Still learning :)

Jessica | 160 comments "First Drop Of Crimson" is about Spade (who is a secondary character in the Cat and Bones series) Cat and Bones do make appearances but are not the main characters in it. "Eternal Kiss Of Darkness" is about Mencheres (another secondary character in the Cat and Bones series) and again, Cat and Bones make brief appearances and are brought up but aren't main characters.

Jessica | 160 comments Halfway to the Grave,One Foot in the Grave, At Grave's End, and Destined for an Early Grave are all about Cat and Bones :) YAY! LOL and her newest one This Side of the Grave will be about Cat and Bones too!

Leea Okay almost done with One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost and i want to know if all the books are this good?? i'm not so in love with Bones!!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) You're not in love with him? Gasp!

Leea Oh typo... I'm so in love with bones!!! yes i am - yes i am... Typing without my contacts, sorry!! What's not to love...

Jessica | 160 comments Leea wrote: "Oh typo... I'm so in love with bones!!! yes i am - yes i am... Typing without my contacts, sorry!! What's not to love..."

LOL...Leea you had me nervous there for a minute!!! I have yet to meet a girl who doesn't love Bones! The books just get better and better!

message 48: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

HILARIOUS~ Leea I can promise you the second book is even better~ ESPECIALLY chapter 32~ Enjoy.

Leea Shell, Im finished with #2 already... Chap 32 made me blush ;) I think I might read it again before bed. Yum! Love me some BONES!!

Have you read the 3rd one Shell?

message 50: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Not yet~ I am still waiting for it~ I ordered it online...:( Darn X-mas slowed everything down.

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unbound (other topics)
Eternal Kiss of Darkness (other topics)
This Side of the Grave (other topics)
At Grave's End (other topics)
Death's Excellent Vacation (other topics)
More...