Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Power Question

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho) (TheBookNympho) I've had my Nook setting for a few days (gasp, I know but I've been reading library books) and I walked by last night and saw that my "screensaver" was different. It just simply said NOOK on my screen so I picked it up and looked at it. It states "Your NOOK has turned off to conserve power. Press button on top to power it up." This is my 1st time ever seeing this on the screen since I received it in January for Christmas last year. So my question is, has this always been the case if you don't use your Nook for a few days or is this new with the lastest update?

Crystal Sloan (crystal_sloan) | 34 comments No, it's from the new update.

: )

Tina (tinaedw) | 85 comments I haven't noticed that from the 1.5 update, but I had other power charging issues. Just wondering if anyone has noticed the same or similar and if means anything?
1.I have had my Nook charging for over 36 hours and it's not going past a 94% battery charge. The battery icon shows that it is fully charged, but when I have periodically checked at the Settings page it hasn't changed from 94%. Other than that my Nook has been working fine (bought it this past Sept).
2.Has anyone noticed that the little yellow charging light goes off when the Nook has fully charged up, but then sometimes it can be quirky (B&N salesperson told me this) and it continues to stay lit - while plugged in even though its powered up?

Linda Boyd (lboyd5900attnet) | 328 comments Tina, my yellow charging light goes off once my Nook is fully charged, even if I have not unplugged it.

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 340 comments Mine have always gone off when my Nook is fully charged. But I just got a new one because the one that I had had a 10 pound book fall on top of it. :( I haven't had to charge my new one yet.

Tina (tinaedw) | 85 comments Right and thats what I thought too. The Quick Start Guide says: The yellow charging indicator lights up while charging. When the light turns off, your Nook is fully charged. Typical charging time is approx. 3 1/2 hours when charging from a wall outlet. Hmm...my Nook must be experiencing a charging issue. I should call the Nook Tech Support for help.

Tina (tinaedw) | 85 comments FYI just in case anyone has a similar issue. I checked B&N support blogs and found out other people were having issues with their batteries. I decided from someone's advice there to turn the settings down for the Touchscreen etc. I changed the Touchscreen brightness down from 25% to 5% and Touchscreen timer from 30 seconds to 10 seconds and the Sleep timer from 15 to 5 minutes. Now the yellow charging light went off and the charge is at 100%. Yes!

Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho) (TheBookNympho) Tina wrote: "FYI just in case anyone has a similar issue. I checked B&N support blogs and found out other people were having issues with their batteries. I decided from someone's advice there to turn the sett..."

Also if you turn the Airplane Mode ON (this turns off the Wi-Fi and/or 3G) it will help with saving your battery charge.

unread topics | mark unread