*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

Book Discussions > Book Recommendations

Comments (showing 1-50 of 199) (199 new)    post a comment »

Nicolle If you read an amazing book and want everyone to know about it tell us here!!

Raindropmelody | 65 comments Mod
If you like Paranormal/Fantasy
I recommend the Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris i really enjoyed those, its a series of 4 books.
The first one is Grave Sight

message 3: by Steve (last edited Dec 01, 2010 02:26PM) (new)

Steve Morris Hello everyone. Is the group looking for amazing books which are established classics, undiscovered gems from the past or recent tips?

Nicolle All of the Above!

Nicolle Just to say Jumble Talesand In All Probability by Steve are great reads and you should all try them.

Carlos (Encore) I think everyone should check out Gone by Micheal Grant.

Nicolle OK, I just read a book which is AMAZING Cassie Draws the Universe by P.S. Baber

Carlos (Encore) I recommend Black by ted dekker! It's a very fast paced thriller.

Nicolle What rating did you give it?

It sounds very interesting Carlos, i might have to add it to my tbr pile sometime.

Carlos (Encore) 5 stars

Nicolle must be good...

Steve Morris Black (with a green cover)certainly seems like a popular book with some good reviews, including those from a Christian angle. What is the Christian connection with the book? It sounds an intriguing read.

Nicolle It has a green cover?! Haa

Jemma *Dolly* (dolly_lou) | 3 comments Can u give me a gud book reccomebed i need a new one to read xxxx

Nicolle I am currently reading The Body Finderand it is AMAZING!

Jemma *Dolly* (dolly_lou) | 3 comments Cool i will look it up thk u

Oh Nicolle; I have that to read. I got it be because I'd just finished reading the Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris. Look them up if you haven't seen them. They are very good!

Nicolle Ok, I will.

Finished The Body Finder and it was one of the best books I've read in ages.

Thomas Amo (ThomasAmo) I didn't read anywhere where I could suggest my own book..If I'm wrong I apologize now.
But if anyone wants to read a paranormal murder mystery

An Apple For Zoë (The Forsaken) by Thomas Amo

Is available now on kindle

Nicolle It's fine to suggest here. This book looks really interesting are you hosting a giveaway for it?

Ashton (ashtonnicole) | 2 comments Nicolle wrote: "It's fine to suggest here. This book looks really interesting are you hosting a giveaway for it?"

hey i bought that book. An Apple For Zoe, it was really good.

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Does anyone ever go on here anymore....What is going on??? Guys we need to get this place hopping with stuff...Come on we can do it!!!!!!!!!

Haha. I've been busy. But I'm sure if people want to get it up and running again it shouldn't be a problem =]

message 25: by Nicolle (last edited Aug 30, 2011 12:49PM) (new)

Nicolle I actually forgot about this group after no posts had been recieved for a while!

Also Thomas I have a bone to pick with you...you promised I would be the first in the UK to read your book and I haven't heard from you in ages...:O

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Watership down...U all must read it...I think it will become one of my favorites!!

Julie | 33 comments Hey, if you like epistolary novels, you should certainly check out Felling Sorry For Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty, it's great!

Breanna McDowell (bre_mcdowell89) | 10 comments I read this book in high school and loved it!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Nicolle Isn't that about Autism??

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Asperger's...I really want to read this...My Girlfriends little boy was diagnosed with this at the beginning of the year...

Breanna McDowell (bre_mcdowell89) | 10 comments Yeah..it's really good. It's basically just about the hardships of an anti-social teen. I found it to be inspiring when I was a teenager going through my "teen-angst" phase. lol

Nicolle Sounds great, will add to my to-read list.

Nicolle Is it the one by Max connelly??

Nicolle Me too!

I'm Stuck on what to read next, i have too much choice. But i'm sure i'll find something by the end of the day!

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) I hate when that Happens Rain!! I always have to know what I am going to read next!!! I hope you found one alright!!!

Yeah, i think i'm going to read A Bone to Pick (Aurora Teagarden Mystery, #2) by Charlaine Harris. I love Charlaine Harris, and this is a nice couple hundred pages long. Short little mystery. I'll see if i can finish my current read off first, i'm useless at reading more than one at a time as the most exciting always gets read first and the other doesn't tend to get picked up again. =O

Nicolle I didn't know that Charlaine Harris had another series (aside from Sookie Stackhouse I mean).

Oh she has a few. My favourite being the Harper Connelly series. About a girl who's struck by lightning and is able to sense where dead people are burried. Rather strange but very very good.

Lindsay Nichols | 44 comments Anna wrote: "I absolutely loved The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I had heard mixed reviews, but once I started, I couldn't put it down. Highly recommend it."

I've been picking this book up all summer while I was in the bookstore and reading the blurb on the back. I finally bought it last week...Chapters/Indigo was having a "Buy 3, Get 1 Free" sale and I grabbed it, along with a Jamie Oliver cookbook and two books of crochet patterns I really wanted.

Cassi | 1 comments I love memoirs, especially ones like Popsicle Toes by Anne Vitasek and Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter. I was wondering if anyone had read those and can make a suggestion of any books similar to them?

Thanks!

Colleen (herebebookwyrms) I like reading memoirs, too, Cassi! The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls was pretty good, and Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen is one of my favs. I also liked Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi.

Jill (jillelise) Memoirs for me too! I'm reading Lit: A Memoir right now...I'm enjoying it more as I go along. I haven't read either of yours, Cassi...but I'll have to check them out. Loved Girl, Interrupted. Have you guys read Boy Alone: A Brother's Memoir. LOVED this book!

Nicolle wrote: "I didn't know that Charlaine Harris had another series (aside from Sookie Stackhouse I mean)."

Haha, I just realised I spoke about Charlaine Harris' book earlier in the thread, back in January. You mentioned 'The Body Finder' haha.
They still are a fantastic read, I have The Body Finder somewhere, but I was leaving it a while as they seemed to be very similar books.

Nicolle I think The Body Finder is a fab book.

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) Watership Down is a fantastic book.....sorry Nicole had to do it one more time!!!!

Julie | 33 comments I wanted to ask about the Shiver, is it any good?

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Julie wrote: "I wanted to ask about the Shiver, is it any good?"

I enjoyed it very much. I also liked Ballad by the same writer but the pain level is rough.

Shiver

Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie

She Walks These Hills

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Teri-lynn wrote: "Watership Down is a fantastic book.....sorry Nicole had to do it one more time!!!!"

Oh, I think Watership Down will be a classic.

Watership Down

Teri-lynn (bookworm31) I love James Patterson...he is the BEST author of mystery!!!!

« previous 1 3 4