Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Random Book List Challenge > Random Book List #235 (ends May 26)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 820) (820 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited 14 hours, 49 min ago) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments Goal: Read ONE book from the list within a four-week period. Post a brief commentary about the book you read.

Random Book List #235

Duration: April 28 - May 26, 2015

Based on Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Murder of Crows (The Others, #2) by Anne Bishop Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop, here is our new list:

Champion (Legend, #3) by Marie Lu Champion by Marie Lu (2)
Suzanne - Prodigy 5/12 ****
Yz -Prodigy 5/16 ****

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Dark Intelligence (Transformation, #1) by Neal Asher Dark Intelligence by Neal Asher

In The Absence of Light by Adrienne Wilder In The Absence of Light by Adrienne Wilder

Erased (Altered, #2) by Jennifer Rush Erased by Jennifer Rush

Independence (Significance, #4) by Shelly Crane Independence by Shelley Crane

Splintered (Splintered, #1) by A.G. Howard Splintered by A.G. Howard

Boundary Crossed by Melissa F. Olson Boundary Crossed by Melissa F. Olson (1)
Ezinwanyi~the Impish Angel - 5/25 ****

Vision in Silver (The Others, #3) by Anne Bishop Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop

Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Hot Blooded (Jessica McClain, #2) by Amanda  Carlson Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlsson

Black Rook (Cornerstone Run Trilogy, #1) by Kelly Meade Black Rook by Kelley Meade

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Dec 28, 2010 01:28PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments Duration: Nov 29, 2010 - Dec 27, 2010

Fireside by Susan Wiggs

One Night of Scandal by Teresa Medeiros

Silent Scream by Karen Rose

Pack Challenge by Shelley Laurenston (6)
Daffodil - 12/12 ****
Sandra J - 12/12
Lynne - 12/17
Lacy ~Movements of a Demigod~ - 12/17 ****
Fran - Go Fetch! 12/20 ****
Delicious Dee Challenge Addict - Go Fetch! 12/23
Amanda - 12/23 ***1/2
Valorie - 12/28

Captive Dreams by Angela Knight (1)
Yz - 12/14 ***

Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts (5)
AshleyAlexis - 12/6
Sheila - 12/10
Annie(a mad hamster) 12/21
Nook4Beth - 12/24 ****
Karen - 12/24 ****

Warrior by Julia Templeton

Love My Way by Bridget Midway (1)
Amanda - 12/16 ****

Strange Attractions by Emma Holly

Maire: Fires of Gleannmara by Linda Windsor

Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce

First Drop of Crimson by Jeanine Frost (2)
Elise - 12/21 ***1/2
Miss - 12/25 ****

Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5) by Susan Wiggs One Night of Scandal (Fairleigh Sisters, #2) by Teresa Medeiros Silent Scream (book #11) by Karen Rose Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Captive Dreams by Angela Knight Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1) by Nora Roberts Warrior by Julia Templeton Love My Way by Bridget Midway Strange Attractions (Berkley Sensation) by Emma Holly Maire  Fires of Gleannmara by Linda Windsor Wild Magic (Immortals, #1) by Tamora Pierce First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 3: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 7236 comments Great choices this week Yz! If I have already read Pack Challenge can I read the next one in the series and still count it? If not, I am going to read Love My Way or reread Strange Attractions (one of my favorite Emma Holly's)

message 4: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3760 comments Drat! None of them are on my TBR either.

message 6: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments Fran wrote: "Great choices this week Yz! If I have already read Pack Challenge can I read the next one in the series and still count it? If not, I am going to read Love My Way or reread Strange Attractions (o..."

Yes, you can read any book in the series. It will count for you completing the challenge, although it will not be a vote for the book on the list.

message 7: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 2424 comments I've been wanting to give Jeannine Frost another try so I'll read First Drop of Crimson.

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (Shuga) | 635 comments Fireside is my pick

message 9: by ~Sara~ (new)

~Sara~ | 659 comments I'm going to try to read Wild Magic for this one.

message 10: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (Eternity21) | 686 comments I have a good selection to choose from that are already on my to be read list. Hmmm I think I'll narrow it down to Dance Upon the Airor First Drop of Crimson

message 11: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 2085 comments I'm going to try Pack Challenge

message 12: by Ashley♥Alexis (new)

Ashley♥Alexis | 309 comments im sad i missed the other 4 list. i need to check my events box more often.

I'm going to read Dance Upon the Air coincidently enough I just picked it up from the library, didn't even know I could use it for a challenge. How awesome is that.

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily | 203 comments If I get the time, I think I'm going to read Dance Upon the Air

message 14: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 349 comments I'll reread Pack Challenge.

message 15: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7171 comments i'm going to read book 2 in the magnus pack series after pack challenge - go fetch..but I might re-read pack challenge as well

message 16: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (LoveToReadGal) | 1005 comments I'm going to re-read Pack Challenge.

message 18: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments AshleyAlexis wrote: "im sad i missed the other 4 list. i need to check my events box more often.

I'm going to read Dance Upon the Air coincidently enough I just picked it up from the library, didn't even..."

Unfortunately, I'm not sending events for this one because I launch a new list every week, Monday to be exact.

message 19: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 1022 comments I'm going for Dance Upon the Air.

message 20: by Annie (new)

Annie (themadnessofhamsters) At the moment, I'm going with Dance Upon the Air.

I've already read Pack Challenge, Strange Attractions and Wild Magic. Own Wild Magic - and every other Tortall book published. And re-read when I can... so reading something else this time.

message 21: by Renee (new)

Renee | 231 comments I just put a hold on Dance Upon the Air at the library...no one ahead of me so I should have it in a day or so :)

message 22: by Ashley♥Alexis (new)

Ashley♥Alexis | 309 comments So i read Dance Upon the Air and LOVED IT. i realize its part of a series but I don't have an real desire to read the other 2 books but I probably will. I just adored Nell. I really liked the Wiccan/lore ideas in the story.

message 23: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments AshleyAlexis wrote: "So i read Dance Upon the Air and LOVED IT. i realize its part of a series but I don't have an real desire to read the other 2 books but I probably will. I just adored Nell. I really li..."

That is my favorite book among the trilogy, so I think you got the best book out of the way. : )

message 24: by ~Sara~ (new)

~Sara~ | 659 comments Yz the Whyz wrote: "AshleyAlexis wrote: "So i read Dance Upon the Air and LOVED IT. i realize its part of a series but I don't have an real desire to read the other 2 books but I probably will. I just ado..."

I agree, I loved the first! The second one was pretty good as well but I didn't really like the third. Mia was a little too bitchy for me and the ending felt rushed. Still a good trilogy overall though.

message 25: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (SheilaJ) | 231 comments I finished Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts today 12/10

Pretty typical Nora Roberts formula book. I usually can figure out who is going to end up with each other by the first chapter. Does anyone else have that problem?

message 26: by Carla (new)

Carla (Carla981) | 108 comments I am going to try and read Pack Challenge for this one if I can get a hold of it. If not, I will proabably read First Drop of Crimson

message 27: by Daffodil (new)

Daffodil (Daffodil--RIPCranberry) | 1057 comments I finished Pack Challenge on Saturday, 12-12-10. This book was a true guilty pleasure. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, even had a few laugh-out-loud moments. Sara and her friends were argumentative, mean and critical. And, that was just to each other. Despite that, you could tell that they truly loved one other and woe to the man (or pride member) that threatened any member of their group. 4 stars.

message 28: by Sandra J (last edited Dec 13, 2010 12:25PM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 349 comments I finished my reread of Pack Challenge last week. It's not my favorite of the Magnus Pack books since I wasn't too awfully fond of Sara. I thought Sara was too over the top in a book where all the characters are over the top. She had a real mean streak that I wasn't too fond of. On the other hand, I loved Miki and Angie. I certainly wouldn't want to cross any of them.

message 29: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 935 comments Sheila wrote: "I finished Dance Upon the Air by Nora Roberts today 12/10

Pretty typical Nora Roberts formula book. I usually can figure out who is going to end up with each other by the first chapter. Does anyone else have that problem? "

Heck, most romance books I know that answer by reading the back cover.

message 30: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 7236 comments I just downloaded Love My Way from allromance.com for free today. They have a 12 days of Christmas special going on and today is this book- in case anyone wants to read it for this list.

message 31: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments Finished Captive Dreams last night. It was an okay read. If you are not into 'dubious' consent erotica stuff, you might want to steer clear of this book. I give it 3 stars.

message 32: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (MandyBeyers) | 739 comments I am going to read Love My Way and probably re-read Pack Challenge. (Thanks for the heads-up on the free book, Fran!)

message 33: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (MandyBeyers) | 739 comments Finished Love My Way on 12/15 - I really enjoyed it, but it is NOT for those who don't like reading about alternative lifestyles. I loved the concept of merging a search for a new submissive with a reality show, though. (What can I say - I like my fiction to be FAR from reality!) I gave it 4 stars (3.5 rounded up).

message 34: by Lynne (new)

Lynne (LoveToReadGal) | 1005 comments Just finished re-reading Pack Challenge by Shelley Laurenston (12/17). I love this author! I forgot how much fun this book is.

message 35: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7171 comments amanda you might also like Hurt Me So Good - it has a similar theme

Amanda wrote: "Finished Love My Way on 12/15 - I really enjoyed it, but it is NOT for those who don't like reading about alternative lifestyles. I loved the concept of merging a search for a new submissive with a..."

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 29 comments I finished reading Pack Challenge by Shelley Laurenston on 12/17/2010. This was the first book that I have read by Laurenston and I really enjoyed it. It was definitely worthy of 4 stars.

message 37: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Dec 20, 2010 05:44PM) (new)

Fran | 7236 comments Since I already read Pack Challenge I read the next one in the series, Go Fetch! (4*). I liked Pack Challenge but I LOVED Go Fetch!. Man, I want my own Conell. Loved him, liked Miki, the whole story made me smile and laugh out loud a few times. Will definitely read the rest of the series. I will still try to get Love My Way in before the deadline but not sure I will make it.

message 38: by Elise (new)

Elise (elisekb) | 4 comments This is my first challenge and I read A Drop of Crimson by Jeanine Frost. I have read the other series of hers called Night Huntress and I can hardly compare the two. A Drop of Crimson took me almost the full week to finish and I usually read books in 1-2 days. I did not like the female lead role. She was whinny and sometimes I had to put the book down because I felt like I wanted to slap her. But Spade, the hero, was very yummy and I did like him a lot. The plot was good with an exciting story line, I guess I just couldn’t get past the female lead… I give it 3.5 Stars

message 39: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments Elise wrote: "This is my first challenge and I read A Drop of Crimson by Jeanine Frost. I have read the other series of hers called Night Huntress and I can hardly compare the two. A Drop of Crimson took me almo..."

I'm in agreement with you Elise. I did not like Denise at all, although Spade was a worthy hero.

message 40: by Annie (new)

Annie (themadnessofhamsters) I finished Dance Upon the Air a couple of days ago.

I will be reading the rest of the series. Not my favourite Nora at the moment, but a good solid read for the holidays.

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 31 comments I think I have Silent Scream on my TBR mountain. I'll look when I get home tonight after work and tutoring. If it's there...I'll try to work it in during the next 6 days. This between getting all of my Christmas wrapped and finishing up things for my wedding next Thursday.

message 42: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (MandyBeyers) | 739 comments I think I felt so sorry for Denise because of her past - and really, could Cat be best friends with ANYONE who was that bad? I just thought she was still suffering from PTSD! LOL!

message 43: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (MandyBeyers) | 739 comments Congrats on your upcoming wedding, Sarah!

message 44: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments Sarah wrote: "I think I have Silent Scream on my TBR mountain. I'll look when I get home tonight after work and tutoring. If it's there...I'll try to work it in during the next 6 days. This between getting all o..."

Sounds like you are going to have a busy week. Best wishes on your coming nuptials.

message 45: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7171 comments finished up Go Fetch!, which comes after Pack Challenge...have to admit when I read Pack Challenge it was ok, but not great...but I have a policy to give a series/author at least 2 books before I give up and so glad I did...loved this one...Miki was a hoot and Conall...well, yum!

message 46: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Beyers (MandyBeyers) | 739 comments Re-read Pack Challenge - 3.5 stars - I find it quite funny and am having to force myself NOT to buy Go Fetch! right now since most people seem to think it's better. (No, no, too many books on Mt. TBR - must NOT buy another book right now...)!

Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston

message 47: by Miss (new)

Miss | 330 comments Finished First Drop of Crimson 12/25 - liked it a lot, 4 stars.

message 48: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 1022 comments I finished Dance Upon the Air on 12/24. Good Nora Roberts comfort read for the holidays. ****

message 49: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 2085 comments I finished Pack Challenge yesterday and really enjoyed it. Cute, funny, sexy story.

message 50: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Feb 07, 2011 12:29PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9003 comments Random Book List #10

Based on Shelley Laurenston's Pack Challenge, here is our new list:

Duration: January 4 - February 1, 2011

Dark Slayer by Christine Feehan (1)
Barbara - 2/1

Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd (1)
Daffodil - 1/19 ***1/2

Birthright by Nora Roberts (1)
Sheila - 1/15

Love in Vein by Poppy Z Brite

Sun, Sand, Sex by Miller, Apodaca and Laureston (1)
Fran - 1/13

Obsession Untamed by Pamela Palmer

Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder (1)
Wan "Artemis", the Dark-Hunters' Goddess - 1/18 ****

Fire by Kristin Cashore (1)
Miss - 1/11 ****

In Cold Blood: A True Account of a Multiple Murder and Its Consequences by Truman Capote

The Wicked House of Rohan by Anne Stuart (4)
Sandy - 1/4
Yz - 1/5 ***
Amanda - 1/15
Pam - 1/30

One for the Money by Janet Evanovich (1)
~Sara~ - 1/30 ****
Sandy - Four to Score 1/11 ****

Tempting Evil by Keri Arthur
Amanda - Full Moon Rising 1/6 ****
Karen - Full Moon Rising 1/23

Dark Slayer (Carpathians, #20) by Christine Feehan Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) by Christina Dodd Birthright by Nora Roberts Love in Vein by Poppy Z. Brite Sun, Sand, Sex by Apodaca, Miller Laurenston Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2) by Pamela Palmer Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder Fire by Kristin Cashore In Cold Blood  A True Account of a Multiple Murder and Its Consequences by Truman Capote The Wicked House of Rohan by Anne Stuart One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dance Upon the Air (other topics)
Pack Challenge (other topics)
Warrior (other topics)
One Night Of Scandal (other topics)
Strange Attractions (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)
Rachel Vincent (other topics)