Poetry Readers Challenge discussion

Members' 2011 Book Lists > Lists for 2011 go here

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S. (new)

S. (SarahJ) | 1176 comments Mod
Hello -
If you want to take part in the reading challenge again (or for the first time) in 2011, you can start a new topic in the folder with your list.
I, for one, need to get some new books.

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 272 comments Wow, I didn't even think about next year! I am going to do this next year, but I just can't believe it is almost next year already!

This group has been great for me to read more and get great book recommendations. Thanks for starting the group Sarah!

message 3: by S. (new)

You read and reviewed so many collections this year, Valerie. I got a lot of good tips from you. More than that I really admire what a generous reader you are, how you always find something positive, something to admire. Glad you'll give a go next year, too.

message 4: by Nina (new)

Nina | 566 comments I have enjoyed this group so much. The reviews are truly helpful, and I've discovered some terrific poets. I'm quite pleased to continue.

message 5: by Allyson (new)

Allyson (allysonkalea) | 4 comments I joined this group last year but had no extra time to participate due to grad school. So I'm determined to read & review this year! Will post my 2011 list soon. Happy holidays!

message 6: by S. (new)

That'd be great, Allyson. Hope you got some books for the holidays - looking forward to your list.

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna | 16 comments I have been a complete failure as far as reviewing, but I have definitely done the reading. Perhaps I will try to catch up on this year's list before year's end and try to resolve to do better in 2011.

message 8: by Deb (new)

Deb (debscott) | 21 comments I'm in the same boat as Donna, but have gained by reading more poetry and reading your comments. So I am in, but will try to be more engaged!

As a PS to the Ellen Bass comment. I read her latest for this year and thought it remarkable. One of my reading year's highlights. Will try to add a few comments and links.

message 9: by Marian (new)

Marian (gramma) | 5 comments I joined late last year & would like to continue. How do I go about posting my list?

message 10: by S. (last edited Jan 01, 2011 11:30PM) (new)

Hi Marian -
Just click on the topic "Members 2011 Book Lists." There'll be a link on the right that says "New topic." Click that, fill in the subject line with "Marian's list" and the text box with your list. Hope that makes sense.
best

message 11: by Steve (new)

Steve | 83 comments Definitely a super idea for a group that worked out well. I'm not sure I got my 20 in, well at least not here (I think read that many collections), but I know I picked up some great tips from this group. Thanks to all!

message 12: by Ren (new)

Ren (renpowell) I am a month late getting started for 2011 - but am looking forward to reading and sharing my own reading here.

unread topics | mark unread