The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 15.3 - From A....to Z

Comments (showing 1-26)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Sandy | 5378 comments Mod
Mrs.soule wrote: "So for part A, since the book has to START with A does the word/article "A" work? I want to use A Year in Provence for this challenge but want to make sure that "A" counts!"

Yep - it's an "A" - so it works!

Mrs.soule (Mrssoule) | 531 comments So for part A, since the book has to START with A does the word/article "A" work? I want to use A Year in Provence for this challenge but want to make sure that "A" counts!

travelgirlut wrote: "For the Z part, does a sub-author work? For example, Hatter M has Liz Cavalier as a secondary author. Would that work?"

Yes, as long as GR has her listed as an author, it works.

travelgirlut | 61 comments For the Z part, does a sub-author work? For example, Hatter M has Liz Cavalier as a secondary author. Would that work?

Melissa W wrote: "Would Around The World In 80 Dates work for the A part?"

yes

Melissa W (melissawiebe80) Would Around The World In 80 Dates work for the A part?

FYI - I'm going to be away until Sunday, and will have limited computer access. I'll try to get on here and answer questions if possible, but can't promise anything.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dee | 3939 comments Zoë Ferraris - Finding Nouf or City of Veils
Zoe Klein - Drawing in the dust

Christine US wrote: "I'm planning to read a book by David J. Schwartz
The Z is all the way at the end, but it's still there:)"

since z is at the end of the alphabet, pretty appropriate, huh?

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 528 comments I'm planning to read a book by David J. Schwartz
The Z is all the way at the end, but it's still there:)

message 15: by chucklesthescot (last edited Nov 22, 2010 10:27AM) (new)

chucklesthescot Suggestions from my shelf!

Authors:
Z.A. Recht
Melissa de la Cruz
Liza Mundy
Suzannah Dunn
Nancy Holzner
Suzanne Collins
any author called Elizabeth or Suzanne/Suzannah

Any book with Colditz or Auchwitz in the title or about Elizabth 1st if her name is in the title

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead
Stargazer
Prezza: My Story: Pulling No Punches
Red Azalea

Donna Jo Atwood | 2693 comments For people looking for a book for part B,I just read The Marriage Bureau for Rich People by Farahad Zama, which is set in India.

Gayla wrote: "The author's name just has to contain a Z, right? So Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie would count?"

Heather KS wrote: "What about Mark Z. Danielewski? The Z is his middle initial, but it appears to be his official author name. Would he work?

Both work

Gayla Bassham (Sophronisba) | 633 comments The author's name just has to contain a Z, right? So Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie would count?

Heather KS | 274 comments What about Mark Z. Danielewski? The Z is his middle initial, but it appears to be his official author name. Would he work?

Thanks!

Heather in KS

Tanja wrote: "Does "The" count to the A title?

For example: The Alchemist"

The first letter has to be A, so a book starting with "The" doesn't work.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 1798 comments I found Zoya or I can read Marion Zimmerman Bradley.

Dee | 3939 comments Marcus Zusack (The Book Thief; The Messenger)
Zannie Adams - Romantica

Jayme(the ghost reader) wrote: "I need an author who's last name starts with Z."

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1334 comments Jayme, for the Z part, the title or author's name only needs to contain a Z.

So for my choice, I'm doing The Zookeeper's Wife

Jayme(the ghost reader) (JaymeILtheghostreader) | 1798 comments I need an author who's last name starts with Z.

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1334 comments Does "The" count to the A title?

For example: The Alchemist

reserved

reserved

message 1: by Sandy (last edited Nov 19, 2010 09:05PM) (new)

15.3. From A... to Z
A. Read a book whose title begins with the letter "A"
AND
B. Read a book whose title or author's name contains the letter Z