The Infernal Devices discussion

MI & ID Family Connections

Comments (showing 1-50 of 418) (418 new)    post a comment »

Jazmyn | 96 comments So this is to talk about real or possible family connections between the characters in the Mortal Instruments series and the Clockwork Angel series.

message 2: by Jazmyn (last edited Nov 16, 2010 12:13PM) (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments So we know Jace and Will are related, but as I was sitting in class bored today I started wondering who is the lucky lady will has a child with and that got me wondering about how the other characters are connected. Would Tessa have a kid with Will if she would never age and they couldn't remain together? and if she did, would the child have any of her abilities? Can warlocks even have childern?

hmm... all very infuriating questions.

Anyways, I think Jessamine Lovelace and Gabriel Lightwood are going to end up together. Jessamine kind of reminds me of Isabelle.

Lora Tihomirova (Luxuria) | 39 comments Warlocks can't have children, it was explained in CA. So Tessa is NOT the mother of any future children of Will's or Jem's.
And to state the obvious - Alec and Isabelle are decendants of Gabriel Lightwood or a close relative of his (which is funny considering Jace and Alec's and Will and Gabriel's relationships)
I'm curious of the fact that Camille's pendant ends up with Isabelle. What's with that? And how does Clary know Tessa since she says she's somewhat familiar?

Jazmyn | 96 comments Thats sad for Tessa. I wonder who Will's daughters mother is. All these mysteries are killing me! I NEED all the future books from both series right now! I have to know how it all ends. My patience is non-existent

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments how do u know he has a daughter? and Tessa is different, axel even said that her father was a demon and her mother was something else, tessa may Not be a warlock (axel says "i guess thats the closest thing to what u are")just saying.

Jazmyn | 96 comments Oops! I meant to say kid.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments im gunna die soon. I AM READING books for GRADE 3 ERS.
and some real old ones. animal ark, phantom stallion, phantom rider, animorphs etc. and really what do u think Tessa's mom was and what the h***l is Tessa?!?!?! i have read so many books and her description and her power seems alot like that of a dragon. but there all supposed to be asleep.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments just asking do any of u beleav in vampires, gods, demigods, werewolves etc? how about the END OF THE WORLD or just the end of the rain or the humans.

Jazmyn | 96 comments Shel wrote: "im gunna die soon. I AM READING books for GRADE 3 ERS.
and some real old ones. animal ark, phantom stallion, phantom rider, animorphs etc. and really what do u think Tessa's mom was and what the h..."

dragon? wow, that sounds interesting. I have no idea what she is, but I hope she's not a warlock because that whole "you can never have children" thing would be hard on almost any woman.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments not on me! i cant stand little kids. hate kids under the age of 4 even more.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments oh and dragons are supposed to be beautiful in there own way, look alot like humans. shape shifters can tap into an animal's instincts but they can only tern into one animal. dragon/human mixes can choose the animal they want to be. dragons are the most powerful of the shape shifters, they can tern into any animal and even humans with no limits, they can brush the thoughts and personalities of humans (personalities sometimes)they can even tern into real dragons sometimes.

message 12: by Jazmyn (last edited Nov 25, 2010 07:11PM) (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments Shel wrote: "oh and dragons are supposed to be beautiful in there own way, look alot like humans. shape shifters can tap into an animal's instincts but they can only tern into one animal. dragon/human mixes c..."

That sounds awesome!

Shel wrote: "not on me! i cant stand little kids. hate kids under the age of 4 even more."

I love kids! My friend just had a baby and she is so precious! I can't wait to have kids!

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments dragons ARE awesome
kids?!!! are not.

Jazmyn | 96 comments haha.

EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) SHADOWHUNTER (The_Shadowhunter) | 350 comments Mod
i think Charlotte and Henry are somehow related to Clary

message 16: by Jazmyn (last edited Dec 10, 2010 05:01PM) (new)

Jazmyn | 96 comments Ohmygoodness, I think your right, Henry and Clary both have red hair and Clary is short just like Charlotte! =D

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments hmmmm

Moochi | 37 comments Intresting. Damn i forgot half of CA so i have like no clue who you guys are talking about. Guess i gotta read it again before CP.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments just thought of something what if... Tessa's say grandpa was a shadow hunter and he just dropped of the radar so they didn't know he had a daughter and he raised her as a human so she doesn't no about the shadow world, and jem i think it was said that shadow hunter blood is always dominant what if its true even if u have demon blood? the demon blood would keep her immortal but she would be part shadow hunter thats why she's so strong. and just an after thought Izzy and Alec get there looks from their mom and Alec looks like will but jace is the direct descendant... if Tessa ends up with will...

Jazmyn | 96 comments hmm, interesting... I really need Clockwork Prince! grr!

Adela Clancy Wait, if Tessa's immortal, then where does that leave her reltionship with Will?? Better yet, Alec and Magnus??

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments will dies or goes vampire. or because he's the first Herondal to have the star mark maybe he will be imortal too?

Adela Clancy One can only hope. I'm going into a depression if Will dies, or it's implied that he'll later die, or Jem dies, even though that is kind of likely X(

Jazmyn | 96 comments I had almost forgot about the star! I wonder if that has something to do with the Infernal Devices series.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments oh it does! i wouldn't be supprised if will was the first. like clary it was given to him by an angel. (the star IS the mark of an angel ya no)

Jazmyn | 96 comments wow.

Karen Reid (3karen3) | 27 comments I'm actually in the process of rereading CA, because I think I missed some vital information. But there are some interesting concepts.... I don't think Tessa is a warlock... although she does have demon blood in her, so she is immortal... but maybe she can have kids, and maybe she has them with Will.... or Jem?!.... who knows..... interesting ideas..

Moochi | 37 comments Totaly, oh man i am SOO confuzzled!

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments tessa IS part shadow hunter!!!! Axel said that her dad was a demon and her mom didnt know what she was, and the clockwork angel necklase used to be her mothers and it was made out of the stuff shadow hunters used for their weapons!! her mother was a lost shadow hunter!!!!!

Jazmyn | 96 comments whoa.

EVELYN (I BELIEVE IN DEMON POX! ) SHADOWHUNTER (The_Shadowhunter) | 350 comments Mod
we dont know look at the way Sebastian was we was both

Tessa is a warlock but in a sort of different category

Most immortal things cant have babies anywho

and whos to say Will hasent already knocked someone up very posible with the way he is

Jazmyn | 96 comments very true.

ikr

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments i think what every one sees is just a show

naw if it was Gabriel's sister......

message 36: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

Daylighter (Pantea13) | 1431 comments Mod
Another family relation i think is Tessa's and Clary's. I don't know if people remember but "Fray" is not Clary's actual last name. Since Cassie has mentioned that there's a reason why Gray & Fray sound similar, i assumed that Jocelyn probably combined her last name (Fairchild) with her mother's maiden name, which could possibly be Gray. IF that were true I can only wonder who Nate ended up marrying!! OR Tessa's last name could be related to Luke's somehow, maybe his family last name was changed to Graymark over the years!!

Moochi | 37 comments Ummm. . . .Very confused now!

Jazmyn | 96 comments Tessa kind of reminds me of Luke.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments Daylighter wrote: "Another family relation i think is Tessa's and Clary's. I don't know if people remember but "Fray" is not Clary's actual last name. Since Cassie has mentioned that there's a reason why Gray & Fray ..."

thats what i thought, see more evidence that Tessa may be part shadow hunter, Grey may have been turned into Graymark..... oh..oh!! what if..... Grey was Nate's descendants and Jocelyn's mother's maiden name and Graymark could be Tessa's desendents! if that makes sense...

Adela Clancy This whole conversation is making my brain hurt...

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments Jazmyn wrote: "Tessa kind of reminds me of Luke."

thats why i said the Graymark's are desendents of Tessa's... because they have a love of books that Nate did not. i also think that somewere in Clary's ancestors is Charlotte and Henry (creative streak, small, red head, green eyes,woman warrior)

Adela Clancy I think I'll just wait for Clare to sort this all out ;]

Jazmyn | 96 comments yea. theres a lot of similarities

message 44: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

yeah there are lots of things i wanna find out about, like the whole Fray/Gray business, Izzy's & Camille's necklace! who Cecily is? & what happened with the box that Will opened, why he left his parents?!! Tessa's parents!! if Will is the one that gets touched by the angel!?!? & why the hell did the Magister want Tessa?

btw my bad if i annoyed anyone with all the polls, i was really bored! =S

Jazmyn | 96 comments CA left me with so many questions, and I will go mad by August from trying to figure everything out.

Shel (cinderblizzerd) | 212 comments yup...ya...some hear...
AUGUST HURRY UP WILL YOU??!!?!?!

The initials on the clock mortimain wanted tessa to use in order to change

J.T.S.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm all i could come up was Johnathon Shadowhunter if his middle name was with a T
did they even have watches a thousand years ago?

maybe Hodges ansector... Starkweather

Jazmyn | 96 comments whoa. it would be cool if it did belong to one of those two.

i was thinking about it after rereading the book......

message 50: by Daylighter, Mizpah (new)

yeah the only last name i can remember that starts with a S is Starkweather!! & about Jonathon Shadowhunter, i though about it but what would be the point of turning Tessa into him? wouldn't she just experience the last thing he saw/felt which i'm assuming would be him dying?! anyways i think i don't quite know how this shapshifting thing works.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Clockwork Prince (other topics)
City of Lost Souls (other topics)