Delirity discussion

Author G > Evernight - C. Gray

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Oct 19, 2013 03:44PM) (new)

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 1735 comments I have only read the first, but I liked it.

Why are these in the General section instead of the G section?

Tya | 752 comments These books get so much better as the series progresses. I thought Hourglass was *awesome* by far the best of the series.

Heather Tisdale (Horrorvacui000) | 5863 comments Mod
I really liked the first one, but the other two I've just had fun reading, but wouldn't pick up again.

Darcy (Sunnytat462) | 2517 comments Heather wrote: "I really liked the first one, but the other two I've just had fun reading, but wouldn't pick up again."

That is what I think of them.

Melodie (MelodieCO) I love this series. Definitely one of my favorites after Morganville Vampires & Wolves of Mercy Falls.

Zuleika hmm..i don't know. I read the first one and hated the plot twist. instead of shocking/interesting I just found it to be very sloppy and annoying. I haven't read it in a while though, so I might just pick it up again

Jan (libraryhag) I love this series. I think it is interesting and different. I like the characters and can't wait to see where it is going. I recommend it to people at the library all the time.

message 9: by Heather (last edited Nov 13, 2010 09:13PM) (new)

Heather Tisdale (Horrorvacui000) | 5863 comments Mod
It is very different. That's a good thing it has going for it. At least it's not gotten to be painful like Evermore and the Imortals series. I still want to read future books in this series to find out what will happen next. It's just been missing some un-namable thing to grab me and keep me sucked in.

Zuleika, I liked the twist. I didn't see it coming.

Melodie (MelodieCO) Heather wrote: "It is very different. That's a good thing it has going for it. At least it's not gotten to be painful like Evermore and the Imortals series. I still want to read future books. Zuleika, I liked the ..."

Definitely know what you mean about the Evermore series. I really liked EVERMORE. The 3rd one was so awful I felt like Alyson Noel owed ME for the time I wasted on it!

Tya | 752 comments I really, really liked Afterlife the last book in this series. I think that Claudia did such a good job in making the books build on each other, and each book was better than the last for me. I loved how the series ended and I am *EXCITED* that there's going to be a Balthazar spin off. I hope that we'll get a glimpse of Bianca and Lucas every now and again just to see how those two crazy kids are doing.

*SPOILER*

I loved around the end of the book when Bianca asks Balthazar if he wants her to do for him what she did for Lucas and he sadly looks at Bianca and says that it wasn't the blood drinking that allowed Bianca to do what she did. It was the bond. And I swooned just a little.

Tya | 752 comments I walked away from Balthazar by Claudia Gray I remember thinking that the first half of Evernight was pretty boring, but I liked Lucas and (to a leser degree) Bianca enough to finish the book. And by the time the next books came out I loved Lucas and Bianca both and really enjoyed the series. Now, this book. With the exceptions of the parts where Balthazar was reliving his human memories. And that only happened when he was with whats-her-face who is so aggressively boring that I don't even remember her name. I think that I'll try and check it out from the library again, and this time skip all the plots with Balthazars "love interest" and just read the stuff in italics. And SERIOUSLY. Is Balthazar the sort of character that you give a nickname like Balty to? No. Just...no.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Stargazer (other topics)
Afterlife (other topics)
Hourglass (other topics)
Evernight (other topics)
Balthazar (other topics)
More...