Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Issues with Quotes > Adding quotes to a book

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 5 comments Hello! I was wondering how do I add quotes to a book? For example, I wanted to add quotes from The Fool and the Flying Ship onto The Fool and the Flying Ship page and I was wondering if there is a option button on the book's page to add in the quote?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 22304 comments Mod
When you add a quote, start typing the author's name and allow the auto-fill to offer suggestions. Choose the correct one. The system will then prompt you with the option to choose one of their books from a drop-down.

Ronyell (Rabbitearsblog) | 5 comments Thanks rivka!!

Jerometed rivka wrote: "When you add a quote, start typing the author's name and allow the auto-fill to offer suggestions. Choose the correct one. The system will then prompt you with the option to choose one of their boo..."

I can't even find the place to begin adding the quote. i've got a whole txt file full that I'm dying to share— any idea how i should start?

Banjomike | 5008 comments You start by checking that the quote does not already exist. Not just that the author you want to enter doesn't have it on Goodreads, but that the quote is not on here. We spend a lot of time removing quotes that are attributed to people who didn't create them.

Then you go here:
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/new

message 6: by Jane (last edited Apr 19, 2013 01:15AM) (new)

Jane | 7 comments Is there any possibility to adding the pagenumber?

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

No. And considering that the page number will not agree between different editions, and the quite will be linked to all editions, there probably will never be.

Riona (rionafaith) | 123 comments rivka wrote: "No. And considering that the page number will not agree between different editions, and the quite will be linked to all editions, there probably will never be."

I often see quotes that have the page number (or sometimes Kindle location) included in the body of text. Should they be edited to have this removed?

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Yes.

Banjomike | 5008 comments Added Moving Finger

Llàrjme (llarjme) | 18 comments Hi!
I had shared this quote from Craving U, but it disappeared:

"And you have to believe me when I tell you that no one could ever be as beautiful as you are at this very moment, because I could never want anyone more than I want you right now."

Help! What's the matter?
Thanks a lot!

Sandra | 3546 comments Added the quote Llàrjme :)

Llàrjme (llarjme) | 18 comments Thanks Sandra!
:D

message 15: by RC (new)

RC | 1 comments The quote: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/1656...
Should be paired to Mort
If someone would be so kind.

message 16: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Got 15.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Fool and the Flying Ship (other topics)
Craving U (other topics)
Mort (other topics)