College Students! discussion

music, movies, tv, etc. > Scary movies!

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
What are some of the scariest movies you've seen?

I used to not be scared of movies but lately I've been freaked out. I think I watch too much CSI and crap and have gotten an overactive imagination.

One movie that has scared the crap out of me was The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Paranormal Activity kind of freaked me out! The bf and I just watched the new Nightmare on Elm Street and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! I thought it would be soo freaking corny but it wasn't that bad. I used to always love all the Scream movies and the I Know What You Did Last Summer.

message 2: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 499 comments I am loving all of the new threads and bringing the old ones back up! It makes me happy!

Did you see Paranormal Activity 2? Those aren't so much as scary to me, just startling when things happen out of nowhere.

I must agree about the CSI-syndrome, lol. It's starting to get to me in real life too..

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments I hate scary movies! I saw The Ring when it came out in theaters and I couldn't sleep with a tv in my room for a couple weeks.

I also have CSI-syndrome! haha

message 4: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Kelly--Thanks! I've been trying to work on the group. I've neglected it for the blog lately! I haven't seen Paranormal Activity 2 yet but plan to!

Jen--SAME HERE! The Ring was kind of creepy!

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly (slinkyxo) | 153 comments I'm a big scaredy cat! I saw the first Saw movie and about died..plus it was gory! No thanks! Any scaredy cats out there like me?

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen (wishesandwanderlust) | 696 comments Molly, I'm a scaredy cat as well! I can't watch the tv show Criminal Minds if I'm home alone because I get too freaked out.

message 7: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Haha Criminal Minds freak me out, too! I love it though!

message 8: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3007 comments Mod
I could totally pull off Samara (sp?) from the ring if I wanted too. I was going to get my brother once, he is a horror show addict, but we couldn't find an old tv to kick out the glass.

message 9: by Kayla (last edited Nov 08, 2010 03:05PM) (new)

Kayla | 597 comments I absolutely love scary movies! Halloween is my favorite. I actually like H20 the best of all them but the first one is right up there.

My brother and I saw The Exorcist for the first time last summer and it was one of scariest movies we had ever seen. We weren't expecting much from it considering it was made in the 70's (we thought it would be cheesy) but it totally freaked us out!

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (SarahSaysRead) I'm a huge wimp, I hate scary movies! Unfortunately, I sometimes get stuck watching them with my boyfriend, cause they're his favorite. The scariest movies I think I've ever seen are the Child's Play movies. Still scare the hell out of me, I can't even watch commercials if they come on tv, and if I see the DVDs in stores I walk away. Seriously, I'm a wuss.

Saw the first Paranormal Activity and thought it was kind of dumb... the last scary movie I watched was some foreign film about a newspaper that appears to certain people and shows them deaths that haven't happened yet. It was kind of weird, but not really scary. Can't remember what it was called...

message 11: by Paul (new)

Paul | 18 comments Hope I can re-kindle the fire of horror. I, myself, am not much of a scaredy cat, but every so often do I feel a little overwhelmed. I remember the summer before I went off to school, 2006, I saw, for the first time, Exorcism of Emily Rose and I about flipped. I honestly was so scared that I cried at work. But now I am able to watch it with interest. And shall i mention that if you google Exorcism of Emily Rose that you can find a youtube video of the girl it was based on, more of a soundtrack but it still kind of spooked me.

That new exorcism movie coming out in theaters soon seems really good, The Devil Inside. Anyone lining up for that one? Not I! I think I will wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it in the comfort of my home.

message 12: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

The Devil Inside looks scary as crap! Anything exorcism freaks me out more than slasher horror films or scary paranormal stuff.

message 13: by Paul (new)

Paul | 18 comments They scare me the most too, of what little they scare me. I watched Insidious around Halloween time and was not scared. But if I watched any kind of exorcism movie I would be a little freaked out. I think the older I got the better at masking or controlling my fear.

message 14: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Oh fun! Good idea!! I so think I want to do that tonight.

What movies are on the docket?

message 15: by Kayla (last edited Jul 13, 2012 11:47AM) (new)

Kayla | 597 comments martin wrote: "It's Friday the 13th, so we're having a scary movie marathon... :-o"

Oh, I love that idea! I don't have time today to watch a marathon but maybe I'll watch Halloween 20 Years Later. One of the best movies ever. I'd also squeeze in The Sixth Sense too if I hadn't already seen it recently.

message 16: by Paula (new)

Paula | 13 comments I watched The fourth kind and was completely creeped out. I usually get creeps if it seems like "true story" movie.

unread topics | mark unread