The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > MARVELLOUS HAIRY winner announced

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (last edited Nov 02, 2010 01:06PM) (new)

Lori | 8302 comments Mod
Come one, come all....
We are releasing our Inner Monkeys in celebration of the Marvellous Hairy giveaway!

Author Mark A. Rayner has offered to give away a signed copy of his novel to one monkey-licious commenter!

Here is the novel's blurb as copied from Mark's website:

"So hair is sprouting in unspeakable places and you can no longer carry a tune, but if you're a surrealistic artiste with an addiction to Freudian mythology and guilt-free sex, turning into a monkey has its upsides. Nick Motbot may be evolving as a novelist, but his friends aren't too sure about his DNA -- at least, not since Gargantuan Enterprises started experimenting with it. And once they figure out what's happening to him, they decide to set things right.

MARVELLOUS HAIRY is a satirical novel about a group of friends sticking it to the man the only way they know how, with equal parts grain alcohol and applied Chaos Theory.

Part literary fun-ride, part fabulist satire, and part slapstick comedy, MARVELLOUS HAIRY is about the power of friendship and love, the evils of power, and the dangers of letting corrupt CEOs run our world. And most importantly, it's about how we have to release our fun-loving inner monkeys."

And that is exactly what Mark and I would like you, dear TNBBCers, to share! How do you release your inner monkey?

Check out chapter one to wet your appetite! http://markarayner.com/books/mhairy-e...

The giveaway ends November 10th.

Here's how to enter to win:

1 - Leave a comment here telling us how you release your inner monkey - that childlike, mischievous part of you that most people would never condone.

2 - Please do not enter if you have won a book from TNBBC or the TNBBC blog in the last 3 months.

3 - In the event that you are chosen to win, I can contact you through your profile here, unless you marked it as private. If that is the case, you must friend me, or leave an alternative way for me to contact you.

Mark and I will choose the best Inner Monkey comment and announce the winner here on November 11th.

May the best Monkey win!

Jeane | 4886 comments I won that book but still didn't read it.

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8302 comments Mod
Oh you totally should!

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8302 comments Mod
Last chance to enter to win a copy of this book. Just post a comment here.... C'mon... you know you want it!

Kathleen | 1 comments When I teach Middle School, I often say things to make them laugh: When someone is groaning, I might say "die quietly." When one student tells another to "suck my ..." (which both boys and girls do in this inner city school) I have whispered to the recipient "tell them you're getting the short stick in that deal." They are often surprised to find this middle-aged chubby white lady talking like they do instead of being shocked by them.

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8302 comments Mod
Kathleen, that is a great way to let you inner monkey out AND a great way to celebrate the kids as they let theirs out as well :)

Jenni (NekoKitty) | 110 comments I release my inner monkey in several ways:

-I tease my students... Sometimes when students ask me questions, I'll answer with a "No" before they've even asked the full question. It usually makes the student smile, and they stop for a second before continuing.

-I take my kids to the park just so that I can play on the play structures with them! Isn't that why everyone has kids? :)

-I practice yoga, and I've been known to make some practices be ones where I only do the asanas (postures) that I _want_ to do. During these practices, I skip anything that bores me or that I just don't want to do. My inner-yogi-child gets to come out and play.

That being said, this looks like a fun book!

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8302 comments Mod
OK guys - contest is closed.

Jenni, I love how you let your inner monkey out in everything that you do.

You are the winner! I will contact you shortly for your shipping address.

Thanks for your entries, ladies!

Jenni (NekoKitty) | 110 comments Thanks Lori! I can't wait to read this book!

Wow, my inner monkey is working for me today! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Marvellous Hairy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mark A. Rayner (other topics)