Nook at Night discussion

Introduction to the Group > Member Introductions

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Nov 01, 2010 05:42PM) (new)

Lisa (lbhick) | 72 comments Mod
Please take a moment to introduce yourself so we can become better acquainted.

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Nov 23, 2010 10:04PM) (new)

Hello

My name is Lisa Hickman. I'm very happy to have become acquainted with the members of this group at my local Barnes & Noble. I'm excited to be a part of another live book group and look forward to our continued online discussions.

I've been a book nerd all my life. I blame it on the Scholastic book order forms that came home with me in elementary school. I not only love to read, but I like to collect books. I hunt Goodwill for books to add to my endless supply. I recently converted my formal living room into a library. Yes, I'm that passionate about books!

You might wonder why someone who loves reading and owning physical books would be in a Nook e-reader group. I guess I like reading in any form. The Nook is so convenient to carry and read, I couldn't resist. I was a reluctant convert, but once I tried it I loved it.

I like reading a variety of genres: historical fiction, mysteries, thrillers, memoirs and general fiction. I like to share my love of reading with others and discover new authors and books through their recommendations.

I have been a Goodreads member for 1½ years. It's a wonderful place to meet other readers or more book nerds like myself. I co-moderate another group on GR called, Bookmarks Subscribers. I also belong to several other GR groups, which you can view on my profile page.

Happy Reading Everyone!

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 22 comments Hey Lisa~
Thanks for letting me join your group! I downloaded the first book,Timeless, last night. I'm only in chapter three, but I am really enjoying the story! Thanks again!

Amy

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Amy, I'm glad to have you join the group. I haven't downloaded "Timeless" yet, but I can't wait to read it.

message 5: by Angie (last edited Feb 01, 2011 08:05PM) (new)

Angie | 10 comments Hi my name is Angie and I love to read. I have more books than I have shelves or room to put them. I tend to collect books. When I as young at bedtime my mother often found me reading by the street light after time for lights out. I have learned to share my passion for books with others. To eliminate my need to expand my physical collection of books mmy children decided to get me a nook for Christmas this past year.

I enjoy Christian Inspirstional fiction, clean nonfiction, fiction, amish stories and mysteries. My favorite author is Joy Haney and Beverly Lewis.

Thank you for allowing me to join the Nook at Night Group. I have not download Timeless yet but I have started to read The Gurnesy and Potato Peel Pie Society. I am new to Good Reads but I have found several groups to join. My passion for reading is driving me to write my first book, prayerfully it will be published one day.

Happy Reading!

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Angie, I enjoyed talking with you Sunday night at the B&N cafe. BTW, I liked your quilt and reading webpages. You are quite talented!

message 7: by Angie (new)

Angie | 10 comments Thank you! It was great talking with you.

message 8: by Amy (last edited Feb 05, 2011 08:13PM) (new)

Amy | 22 comments Sorry I am a little late with my introduction. =)

My name is Amy Miller. I have always wanted to join a book club, and I am very excited to be reading along with all of you.

I am studying to become an elementary school teacher. My family and my school work keeps me extremely busy. I am looking forward to actually meeting you all as soon as I can make it to a meeting.

I have not always been an active reader, but in the past few years reading for pleasure has become one of my favorite activities.

I enjoy reading a wide variety of genres. One rule I have is that I absolutely will not see a movie until I have read the book (if one is available). Since reading the "Twilight" series and "Eat,Pray,Love", I have found that much of the story and characters gets lost in the short time frame of a movie. Now that I am studying to be a teacher, I realize it is so important to teach children a love of reading. I try to model that to my daughter every day. We love to read together every evening and I'm thinking I may have to purchase a Nook just for her. She ALWAYS has mine! I love, love, love my nook! While I love the actual, physical feel of a book (and that can never be replaced), I really enjoy the convenience and portability of the Nook. It is fantastic! I haven't figured out every feature yet, but I can't wait to use it to its full capability.

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

message 9: by Angie (new)

Angie | 10 comments Welcome Amy! I love my nook to. It is the best Christmas gift my daughters got me. I agree much is lost in the movie, so we like to read the book first. Good luck in your college studies.

unread topics | mark unread