Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Alaskan Bride Rush Series/other series

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judy (new)

Judy | 1036 comments I just finished the last two books in the series.
What a great series.
Brenda Minton did fantastic with Thanksgiving Groom and Linda Goodnight really had a great finale with The Lawman's Christmas Wish.

I may hold onto these books and one day read them all together (like within 3 days).

The first 4 books were awesome as well, its definitely a series worth reading
Klondike Hero- Jillian Hart
Treasure Creek Dad- Terri Reed
Doctor Right- Janet Tronstad
Yukon Cowboy- Debra Clopton
Thanksgiving Groom- Brenda Minton
The Lawman's Christmas Wish- Linda Goodnight

I just finished the series Protecting the Witnesses and it was really good as well.

Actually I can't say I have read anything lately in the line of the Series that I have not enjoyed.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolerko) | 22 comments I'm reading Yukon Cowboy right now. I've enjoyed the series so far, really looking forward to the last two books in the series.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy | 1036 comments That was really great too. I enjoy all of Debra's books.

message 4: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2234 comments I have only read two, but I am loving the series so much, I need to go get me the rest of them!!

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments I don't have any of them unfortunately. I missed the first couple and then was never able to find them anywhere!! I'm keeping my eyes out at our used bookstore. However, maybe I'll be ordering them. We'll see : )

They sound great, though! I've only heard good things which is fantastic!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I just got Yukon Cowboy the other day! Can't wait to see how it all ends either!!

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 980 comments I just got Thanksgiving Groom. It looks really good! It's in my TBR pile, and I am looking forward to reading it! :)

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy | 1036 comments It was really good. These books are definitely best when read in order since so many things are carried on through one book to the other.

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 980 comments Judy wrote: "It was really good. These books are definitely best when read in order since so many things are carried on through one book to the other."

I do that with some series, but with others, there are just certain books that for various reasons are not for me. I am pretty picky about my books, as many here have heard, lol. I am also just getting into the LI line, so I think, if it is possible, lol, I am extra picky about this line still. So no offense to any of the authors I didn't read, but I just pick and choose based on my taste and likes in a book. I rarely read all of the books from any author, even in general Christian Fiction. No offense to you Judy, and thanks for the advice. I can see too where reading the whole line would give you more insight, but I think I can still enjoy each individually, per my picky taste ;), lol, or at least I will try to :)

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2754 comments Mod
Heidi -- I think you can easily enjoy the books as stand-alones. They are all written to read just by themselves, too. If you have any questions about what happens in the other books, I'm sure someone here can tell you.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Heidi -- I think you can easily enjoy the books as stand-alones. They are all written to read just by themselves, too. If you have any questions about what happens in the other books, I'm sure s..."

But don't tell on a thread!! I want to read it for myself. LOL

message 12: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2754 comments Mod
Good point, Jennifer :))

message 13: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 980 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Heidi -- I think you can easily enjoy the books as stand-alones. They are all written to read just by themselves, too. If you have any questions about what happens in the other books, I'm sure s..."

That's good to know, thanks Janet :) It's also good to know I have friends here who will let me know the in's and out's of something that may have happened in a prior book if I ask :) You guys are good to me :)

message 14: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 980 comments Jennifer wrote: "Janet Tronstad wrote: "Heidi -- I think you can easily enjoy the books as stand-alones. They are all written to read just by themselves, too. If you have any questions about what happens in the ..."

Nah, I would have them e-mail me on here :) I wouldn't do that to you guys!

message 15: by Judy (new)

Judy | 1036 comments I know most can be stand alone but I enjoy the part of a series where I see the town and the people book after book. Even with different authors the characters keep their personalities, etc.

Heidi, I have been fussy a few times myself. There are certain issues that I disagree with that I choose not to read the books where they are main issues.

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4011 comments I have one and three and have two and four on order want the last 2.
and as one other said please dont give anything away I like surprise also.

Yes you can read them as stand alone they mention others from the other books but they are still very much stand alone.

message 17: by Heidi (last edited Nov 02, 2010 10:03PM) (new)

Heidi | 980 comments Ausjenny wrote: "I have one and three and have two and four on order want the last 2.
and as one other said please dont give anything away I like surprise also.

Yes you can read them as stand alone they mention ot..."

Like I told Jennifer, I would never do that to you guys, so no worries! :) I would e-mail the question to one of my friends on here that may have read all of the books if I had a question on the series. So no post question from me would ever lead to any info being leaked or endings spoiled :) I hope you enjoy the whole series Jenny. Perhaps you will be one of my friends, that after you read them all, I may need to e-mail for some info ;)

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily Rodmell | 13 comments I'm glad you all are enjoying the series. It was great fun to work with these authors on it. Stay tuned for next year's continuity series: Rocky Mountain Heirs. ;)

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Emily wrote: "I'm glad you all are enjoying the series. It was great fun to work with these authors on it. Stay tuned for next year's continuity series: Rocky Mountain Heirs. ;)"

So glad there are people in the know! lol

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 4102 comments Heidi wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Janet Tronstad wrote: "Heidi -- I think you can easily enjoy the books as stand-alones. They are all written to read just by themselves, too. If you have any questions about wha..."

lol i know you wouldn't! I was just teasing.

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (Jennafraugh) | 4102 comments I just got the Thanksgiving one yesterday! I can't wait to read both.

message 22: by Heidi (last edited Nov 05, 2010 04:02PM) (new)

Heidi | 980 comments Jennifer wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Janet Tronstad wrote: "Heidi -- I think you can easily enjoy the books as stand-alones. They are all written to read just by themselves, too. If you have any quest..."

Thanks Jennifer, lol, for a minute there I thought you might think I was a blabbermouth ;0) I know it is hard to know people on line, so I didn't blame you though :) But I just wanted you and Jenny to know I wouldn't do that to you :) Thanks for letting me know you were kidding though, you're a sweetie!

message 23: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4011 comments I am still patiently waiting the books to come. they do say up to 6 weeks looks like this will be on that. it was early Oct I ordered! the last 2 will take longer as I dont have the extra money this month to buy any books.
Did really well in Adelaide only buying 2 one was a LI.

unread topics | mark unread