K.S.R. Kingworth Fans discussion

Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself...

Comments (showing 1-50 of 109) (109 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Karey (last edited Aug 02, 2008 03:50AM) (new)

Karey (KareyShane) | 108 comments Mod
Please introduce yourself. I look forward to learning about who you are and what matters to you. Dare to dream big.

Blessings,

Karey

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Oct 23, 2008 09:51AM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) My name is Ashley and I am 22 years old. I'm currently in college studying to become a teacher. I plan on getting a Bachelor's Degree in Education with a Reading Instruction option at CSU-East Bay. For fun I love to read(obviously), write, do word puzzles, and go to the movies. Some of my favorite authors are Jodi Picoult, Gerri Hill, KG MacGregor, Augusten Burroughs. My favorite genres are YA, Memoirs, Fantasy, Gay&Lesbian. Look forward to getting to know all of you ...again..lol

message 3: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* (last edited Jul 17, 2008 07:31AM) (new)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* hi karey and ashley! i'm brigid! i'm fifteen years old. i'm a reader and a writer; i've written two books, which are both currently unpublished, but one of them i am trying to publish. :D

message 4: by Karey (last edited Jul 17, 2008 07:33AM) (new)

Hi Ashley and Brigid...again! :O)

Ron (unwriter) | 2 comments HI,

I'm Ron, aka unwriter. You can send me emails anytime to my yahoo mail (you've got the id so just add the @yahoo part).

I'm 61. I write humor, kritter stories, essays and have two blogs, one for each, kritterwriter and essaywriter. I've published one book and have several in various stages.

If you want to learn more, contact me.

Will Kester This looks like a fun group. HI, I'm Will. I love to read, write, and discuss anything. K.S.R. (whatever that stands for) invited me here--thanks.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* hi ron and will! :D

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (Ephona) And again! Hai K.S.R! I'm Ephona and I'm a budding author. I only have one book finished...and it's going through critical edit. I'm going into 9th grade and are usually on every day for roleplaying! ^-^

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I'm glad you invited me. This looks like a good group. I am Cat, and I am 55. I love reading and writing (mostly poetry right now). I am going to school as an English - writing major.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* hello ephona and cat! welcome!

Soumya Thanks KSR Kingworth for inviting me. I'm Soumya. I'm 13 years old. I love to read all kinds of books. I play the piano and clarinet, and i love to swim. I live in a small town in MA. And I love to go to school. My favorite subject is math. Horray!!

message 12: by Susan (last edited Jul 17, 2008 08:20AM) (new)

Susan | 4 comments Hello group! I'm a mystery writer, living the good life in North Carolina. This is my second career, having been a high school principal in a former life. This is much more fun! I even get to cuss now if I want to;-)
When I'm not writing, I'm reading. I love K.S. R.'s book cover. It really pops.

Regina (regina084) | 1 comments hi my name is regina and i am 14 years old. i LOVE to read and i love writing, i usually like to write poems. and i am very athletic....that's about it

Russell Hello, my name is Russell Rowland, and I'm the author of two novels, In Open Spaces and The Watershed Years, both of which take place on a ranch in eastern Montana. I live in Billings, Montana, where I teach writing and consult with budding novelists.

Nyinyi6 | 1 comments Hi i am nyi nyi.I am learning English and i love it.
Thanks for inviting me.See you around.

message 16: by Kasey (last edited Jul 17, 2008 09:19AM) (new)

Kasey | 1 comments hey. i'm Kasey.

Will Kester Kasey, thanks for adding the parenthetical explanation. [grin]

Drizzleherb (Keyanah) (Drizzleherb-PeaceLover) | 1 comments Guten tag! My name is Keyanah and I'm almost 14. I want to be a writer when I'm older and I love to read, write, and draw. People say I'm pretty good at all of them... It's cool that I met so many authors and Goodreads and would love to read their books! That's all I have!

Shawnette (sweet-sassycomcastnet) | 1 comments Hi, Everyone...my name is Shawnette I'm a wife and SAHM of three...a 14 year old daughter...and 2 1/2 year old twin sons...my hubby and I will be celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary this July 22nd...and I just love to read...it's nice to meet all of you...have a blessed day...and Happy Reading & Writing :-)

Patricia (DixieGirl) | 1 comments Hello my name is Trish. I love to read!! I did write a children's book but as of today it is not published. I am not a writer I just got a idea about a story about a cat and wrote it down. I love to read and love to read different genres. I have to admit my favorite books are horror. Looking at what I have read recently you might not think so. I work at my local library and I love it. Working there has made me more open minded about the things I read so I am more adventurous in what I read, but I still have to go and get a good scary book now and then. Glad to meet you and I love all the friends at Goodreads.

Vashta hi!!! i am rachel i am 13 but i started thinking of a plot for my current book when i was 12 but ive been buried in homework and haven't written much... im in chapter two. i did write a short, 20 minute story for grammar maybe i will post it somewhere. its not very good i was trying to model it after one of theirs lol definately not my style. my bff was reading the warrior books, so i started reading them, and i just finished the 2nd series. my favorite book is eragon. i love magic and elves. i have 2 pet cats who are older than me. and i have had 1 hamster, 1 guppy (lived over a year in a peanutbutter jar-- but i was only in 1st grade), somewhere around 7 hermit crabs, i forget, but the last one was adopted because i was worried she was lonely, and then 2 sets of seamonkeys, both who got really big, and then i dont know what happened and they dissapeared. the end!! :)

Sherrie (splummer54) Hi everyone,
My name is Sherrie. Have been married to a great guy, Thomas, for 40 years. We have a son, Tommy, who is a Computer Engineer.
I love to read. Mysteries are my favorite, but will just about anything. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Take Care!!

message 23: by Lynn (last edited Jul 17, 2008 11:14AM) (new)

Lynn | 2 comments Ii-wy em hotep!
Welcome, in peace!

My name is Lynn and I'm currently working with an artist on an Egyptian fantasy webcomic for mature readers called Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time. Hopefully in the next month I'll be officially announcing it's opening. Well, we're open already but there are no finished pages posted, only character sketches and the prose version, which can also be found here on Good Reads in my writing section. I love the ancient culture with all that resides within me, but my forte is the 4th Dynasty and Khufu, builder of the Great Pyramid, is my favorite pharaoh.

I'm scattered very thin these days. Keeping up with the site, journals & blogs & miscellaneous forums is a tall task and I'm trying not to let it interfere with my writing. Forgive me if I can't keep up everywhere, but I'll surely try to be as active as possible.

I enjoy reading all kinds of fiction and non-fiction. If I'm not pulled into the story within the first 75-100 pages you can bet I'll put the book down and be done with it. I also enjoy boating, motorcycles, & spending time with my son.

It's very nice meeting you all!
Ankh! Udja! Seneb!
(Life! Health! Prosperity!)

Lynn

message 24: by Karey (last edited Jul 17, 2008 12:01PM) (new)

OK, let's see if I can get everyone's names right: Hello Brigid, Ashley, Ron, Will, Ephona, Catamorandi, Blooming, Susan, Regina, Russell, Nyinyi6, Kasey, Rene, Drizzleherb (the name makes me hungry!), Sherrie, Shawnette, Lynn, Patricia, Silverlight...

I loved reading about you all. Keep filling me in on what's going on in your lives, your goals and plans.

~Karey

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* hi everybody!!! XD

Ally  (AllyeB) Hi everyone!
My name is Allyy, short for Allyson. I am 13 years old and want to become a writer and a teacher someday. I absolutly LOVE to read and write when I can.
Nice to meet you! :)

Ally  (AllyeB) Hi Brigid! Nice to meet you!

Nice to have you here, Ally!

Mary | 2 comments Hi, Y'all,

I'm a 'tween author of a 3-book (soon to be 4) series, "Cynthia's Attic." I love writing and reading, especially fantasy and historical fiction.

I currently live in West Georgia and am enjoying the mountains and the laid-back lifestyle.

Shelleen Toland Hi, I am Shelleen, 43 and I love to read. I had been a SAHM for 17 years and went back to work last year so i don't read as much. I do download audiobooks onto my MP3 player and listen at work and while I am cross stitching.

Will Kester Shawnette, sorry, it took me a few moments to realize you were a "stay-at-home-mom". You don't want to know what all I tried before I hit on it. [grin]

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* welcome 2 the group mary and shelleen. ;D

All you young writers...I'm so proud of you for doing what you love to do. In the olden days, coming from Auntie Kare (that's what my nieces and nephews call me), we had to type everything on a typewriter or write it by hand.

Am I sounding like that mother on the cellphone commercial who tells her kids not to throw away their rollover minutes?

~Auntie Kare :O)

And happy anniversary Shawnette. Blessings to you both and to your family.

Hi there Rene. I'm so glad you're here! Like I've told you before, I can't wait until The Sonshine Girls comes out. Let me know, alright?

I'm a mom to a combined family of seven, but only have one at home now...

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* hahaha. i luv that cell phone commercial... funny XD
thanx karey! XD i'm glad that you support young writers. haha. that must have taken a long time having to use a typewriter or write everything by hand. i used to write everything by hand til i got a laptop; and that made my life a lot easier... lol. ;D

Nikki ♥ Hi all,
I'm Nikki I live in Southern California and I love to read :)

Gita | 5 comments Hey Karey.. I'm Gita, and you know me, I love monk:) Next time don't go trigger happy and delete us again hehehe...

Holli Thank you for the invitation to this group!! My name is Holli and I'm 34 yr old California transplant to Ohio. I'm enjoying the change of scenery and the new people while I plug away with my hobbies of reading, writing, and photography. Its great to be a part of this group to discuss writing and Karey's books!!

June (EmilyEmory) | 5 comments Hello Everyone,

It's nice to meet all of you.
My first novel No Regrets was just released.

June

Ranata Thanks for the invite! I'm Ranata and I'm 28. Born and raised in San Francisco and I'm still here. Nobody ever is born and raised here and actually stays here so I'm one of the rare ones!

Hope to make many friends! Thanks again for the add.

Nikki Nielsen | 1 comments Hello everyone :)

I have enjoyed reading about all of you and thanks for the invitation KSR. I am 31, mother of 4, live in Northern California, I play the piano and teach piano lessons from my home, and have always been addicted to books. My mother and daughter are both members of Goodreads as well; I guess it runs in the family. I also love to write but have never tried to have anything published. I write poetry when I'm in the mood and recently finished a mystery I have been writing off and on for a couple years. No pressure, just for fun.

Nice to meet you all!

message 44: by Rayni (last edited Jul 20, 2008 12:01AM) (new)

Rayni | 7 comments Hey, I'm Rayni, pushing the new "50" & part of the sandwich generation, ie, caregiver for my elderly mom & a special needs 21-yo son. I am a copy editor for a local weekly newspaper, so occasionally I get to write an article or editorial for publication. My dream has always been to have a book store.

When I was a teenager, I would write & write, notebooks full of handwritten stuff. I had a whole roster of characters, their genealogy, "blueprints" of their homes, stories. I threw them away & when we were going through my sister's things when she died at the age of 24, I was 20, there were all of my thrown away stories that she'd pulled out of the garbage & saved :) Needless to say, they were thrown away again. Do I regret it? No.

My hobbies are reading, scrapbooking & online support groups. I have thoroughly enjoyed Goodreads. It's fun because I've never been one to keep a list of the books I've read.

Nice to "meet" everyone & thx for the invite Karey.

Rayni

Bonnie | 1 comments Hi - I'm Bonnie and I read a lot (hence Goodreads) and I'm a writer. My second book will be released on 7/29, GOING DOWN SOUTH. I'm excited. I invite everyone that has a little time to poke around on my website, BonnieGlover.com.

I've become very interested in producing trailers for books since I made my own and I invite folks to leave a comment (look at my profile here) and let me know what you think.

I love the whole publishing process now and if I can be of help to aspiring writers with information please let me know.

B

Chris Hansen (Christopher_L_Hansen) | 1 comments (Stands up)
Hello, my name is Chris, and I am addicted to books.
(Realizes he is not at Books and Authors Anonymous and feels sheepish now... BaAA)

I love to read just about anything that is well written. I have a special love for old books and own a few that are about a hundred years old and a few more that are reprints of books from a century ago. Some of my favorite fiction writers wrote for young adults (Lloyd Alexander, Clive Staples Lewis, Douglass Adams).

I work as a Manufacturing Engineer for The Boeing Company. My job is to figure out how to build the structures that the Design Engineers dream up. I am also perusing a Masters of Science in Engineering Degree at the University of Washington. As a result, most of my reading and writing has all been of a technical nature.

I also enjoy live theater, especially musicals. My favorite is "The Fantasticks."

Imey Juliant (-Imey-) | 1 comments Hello All,.. my name is Imey Juliant n Im 26 years old.
Thanks KSR Kingworth for inviting me...

AlTonya | 1 comments Hello Everyone,

My name is AlTonya. I'm a library assistant by day and an author...well I'm an author all the time. I love reading and writing and all things literary. Hailing from NC!!

Toodles
Al :-)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 2 comments I don't think I have properly introduced myself. My name is Karen. I am a canadian mom of one plus 4. I have two cats and a husband. I am an addicted lover of books. My fave genre is mytery/thrillers. I also read Chicklit and the odd Fantasy novel. I hate horror.
I have written a novel called Dead On Arrival, which I hope will be ready by the end of August.

Wendy Laharnar (wwwgoodreadscomprofileWendy) | 2 comments Hello,
My name is Wendy aka Calamity.
I'm an author of historical fiction with a time-travel novel 'coming soon'. Due for release by the end of the year. Retired, I write full time.
I'm currently working on a new fantasy but a lot of my time is spent on my newsletter 'Calamity's Corner' which, so far,reaches 18 countries. So many new friends! I'm very excited about that. It's become a passion. If anyone want to join in my email address is on my page.
I love writing, but I sweat blood over it and spend more time on research. I procrastinate too much.
Thanks for the invitation to join this varied and interesting group of people KRS.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sons of Avalon: Merlin's Prophecy (other topics)