Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > A Few Comments

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Takipsilim (last edited Oct 15, 2010 11:24AM) (new)

Takipsilim | 15 comments Hello. I'd just like to comment on what seem to be a few bugs.

a) There's a discrepancy in the number of fans shown in a few of the writers' pages. Like in Cervantes' page on the left side it says he has 105 fans on the other 27. But if you click on the link to "27 fans" it brings you to the page which states that he has "105 fans".

b) The description of the author/editor/illustrator, etc., doesn't appear. For instance in the page of the book The Black Lizard Big Book of Black Mask Stories, Otto Penzler is listed in the details as Editor but the word "Editor" fails to appear beside his name.

c) There seems to be a problem uploading images. Even if I click on "browse" and pick an image from my computer or include the link where the image is located a sign appears saying the image can't be uploaded. These didn't occur before.

Thanks and I hope these issues will be fixed soon.

Edit: as to b), the word "Editor" appears on the book's page but doesn't in my profile page. If that's the way it's programmed then that's fine though I wish the description would also appear in the member's page.

message 2: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 12010 comments Mod
For #2 and #3, please link to where you are seeing these issues.

message 3: by Takipsilim (new)

Takipsilim | 15 comments rivka wrote: "For #2 and #3, please link to where you are seeing these issues."

For #2 see my profile and the "Currently Reading" part of the page. For #3 check out this author's page Louis-Ferdinand Céline. I've tried to upload a different photo and can't get any through.

message 4: by Patrick, Director, Author Marketing (new)

Patrick Brown | 957 comments Mod
a) Nice catch. I reported it to the developers to fix.

b) That's not a bug. The only notation that will show next to the author's name on a book like that is Goodreads Author (I believe). I think it stems from the fact that for many authors, they are sometimes an author and sometimes an editor. In their author profile (where that link lands) we don't distinguish between the two.

c) Not sure what that is, but it doesn't seem to be happening on all author profiles. Were you entering the copyright info?

message 5: by Takipsilim (last edited Oct 16, 2010 12:03PM) (new)

Takipsilim | 15 comments Thanks Patrick.

As to c), yes I was entering the copyright. Still wondering why the photos aren't accepted.

Edit: The uploading of photos is okay now.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Black Lizard Big Book of Black Mask Stories (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Louis-Ferdinand Céline (other topics)