The Next Best Book Club discussion

Other Novels To Discuss > New Shopoholic

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Daniella (new)

Daniella Brodsky (DaniellaBrodsky) Anyone read the new Shopoholic book by Sophie Kinsella? I'm in the market for a light, breezy read before I jump into Wolf Hall...If so, what did you think?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd go for it. Have you read the others in the series? I don't suppose it matters a huge deal, but be prepared for how completely shallow the whole series is. Honestly, I can barely relate to any of the characters and I doubt any other self-respecting person can, but I have to admit it's a page-turner. If you're looking for something light then I'd go for it, personally. I might buy it when people start giving it to charity shops and things. I'm not spending £10 on it when I could be buying better things, really.

message 3: by Catie (new)

Catie (nematome) Yeah, I got mine free from the library. I've quite enjoyed the whole series, but they're a bit formulaic. Becky's in trouble, Becky's in denial, Becky's lying to everyone...then Becky turns everything around in a swoop of genius. I totally recognize that this is in every book, but I still enjoy reading them. I guess the character has grown a bit since the beginning. It seems like from the ending of this one that there's going to be more too.

message 4: by Jody (new)

Jody (JosephineGood) | 8 comments I've read a couple of Shopaholics and enjoyed them for what they are: fun and breezy easy reads.

unread topics | mark unread