Fantasy Book Club discussion

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)
This topic is about The Way of Kings
2010 Group Read Discussions > Dec. 2010: The Way of Kings / Brandon will be joining us in December!

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jeanne (jeannekc) Brandon Sanderson will once again be joining us for our discussion of The Way of Kings! I will be setting up a Q&A thread the end of November for you to ask your questions and post any comments you have for Brandon.

Chris  (haughtc) | 859 comments That is good news. It was fun when he joined us for Warbreaker.

I have to ask. Will he be fielding questions for Towers of Midnight as well? I'm sure many of us will be reading that in early November, as soon as we can get our hands on copies.

message 3: by Jon (new) - added it

Jon (jonmoss) | 534 comments Excellent!

Jeanne (jeannekc) Chris wrote: "That is good news. It was fun when he joined us for Warbreaker.

I have to ask. Will he be fielding questions for Towers of Midnight as well? I'm sure many of us will ..."

I'll ask him when I see him at the book signing on Nov 2nd and see if he would mind doing that Chris.

message 5: by Adam (new) - added it

Adam Franklin Wow - how exciting - I'm really looking forward to it.

message 6: by Pernille (new) - added it

Pernille (pbjessen) Great!!

message 7: by Robin (new) - added it

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 629 comments What wonderful news - this is quite the "catch" - can't wait for the discussion.

John Fortune (noblejohn) | 13 comments That is awesome and exciting news - Sanderson really seems to reach out to his fans.

I might have to ask him about those interludes in his book. I didn't get them. Maybe I will re-listen before asking a dumb question. Does anyone know what I am referring to and can help me?

Jeanne (jeannekc) Chris wrote: "I have to ask. Will he be fielding questions for Towers of Midnight as well? I'm sure many of us will ..."

Chris, I asked Brandon at tonight's book signing and he said YES! He will be happy to field questions about either book!

message 10: by Kara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kara (sterlink) | 78 comments Yeeahhh, woot! (that's an all encompassing cheer)

Chris  (haughtc) | 859 comments Awesome....thanks, Jeanne. Now I just need to get started on it....

Lindsey | 124 comments John wrote: "That is awesome and exciting news - Sanderson really seems to reach out to his fans.

I might have to ask him about those interludes in his book. I didn't get them. Maybe I will re-listen before asking a dumb question. Does anyone know what I am referring to and can help me?"

Maybe I can help. I read an interview or blog post (can't remember where, otherwise I'd post it) where Sanderson said that the interludes serve two purposes: some are important further along in the series and some are just to give the readers a better sense of the world in the Stormlight Archives. And no, he didn't say which was which! :-)

Sanderson really does work hard to reach out to his fans. I haven't had the opportunity to meet him, but my sisters attended a book signing in Orlando and said he was just as awesome in person. Looking forward to the book discussion! Now I just need to get a copy of Towers of Midnight to read and discuss, too...

Robert W. Leonard (robertwleonard) He's always seemed like a guy who really appreciates his fans. That's pretty awesome. Looking forward to reading the questions and answers. I certainly had a few questions after reading it.

message 14: by Jeanne (last edited Nov 12, 2010 04:20PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeanne (jeannekc) I went to the release day book signing Brandon did in Sacramento, CA. My signed book is numbered 207! Brandon always numbers the books he signs on release day.

I've posted the videos I took of his opening comments and Harriet MacDougal's (Robert Jordan's widow and Wheel of Time editor) opening comments Here if you're interested. There's also a photo of me with both of them.

message 15: by Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lady Shahrizai | 80 comments The vids are great! Witnessing them in progress was even better! Thanks for posting them, Jeanne! (I was right there beside her as it happened!) Still, while I've not yet read book one of the RJ WoT series, I'm a devoted fan of BS and all he's written in the adult genre. I got my TWoK signed by both BS and Harriet!

Carrie (Care) (Care76) | 55 comments Thanks for posting the vids! I am jealous. :)

I wish Brandon and Team Jordan was coming here this time, but alas they are not. I was part of the live Dragonmount feed Spencer had set up at the midnight release via the 4th Age Live. That was a long night. I think I was on for 6+ hrs. Wow, I don't know how Brandon does it. He hardly gets any rest during his tours.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Way of Kings (other topics)
Warbreaker (other topics)
Towers of Midnight (other topics)
More...