~*Bookworms Anonymous*~ discussion

Books, Books, Books! > I Just Finished Reading...

Comments (showing 401-450 of 1,800) (1800 new)    post a comment »

Kayla | 1081 comments Kristina wrote: "Haha Kayla I kept seeing your updates and it seemed like you were hardly reading anything but I know you were reading a ton, it was like a million pages long so it seemed like the book took forever..."

Yeah I was so busy when I first started the book I barely got anywhere the first 4 days, lol, then once I got more time I finished it up pretty quickly. :) It was definitely a different kind of read for me, too, but I enjoyed it. :)

Stacy | 222 comments I just finished reading The Cinderella Pact and The Girl who Played with Fire.

Sarah M | 201 comments I just finished Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs! I loved it 5 stars! It was sad tho :(

Melody (razrbckfan4life) | 475 comments I just finished The Crush by Sandra Brown. I wish we could rate books with a 1 half rating, but since we can't i gave this book 2 stars. It was okay. For a good romantic/suspense nvel i would recommend it though.

message 405: by Tara (new)

Tara | 134 comments Just finished reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 5/5 such a good book.

Mariah Busch (mariahbusch) | 7 comments I just finished reading the Wake triology. I really liked it. It was fun & interesting. Very Easy Reading. I gave it 4/5 stars.

WakeFadeGone

message 407: by Shelli (last edited Mar 20, 2011 09:36AM) (new)

Shelli Immortal with a Kiss.....I won it on godreads...I really liked it.....old-fashioned nasty vampires...but a great story.

Kayla | 1081 comments I just finished The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown I gave it 5 stars, it was awesome! :)

Valerie | 103 comments I finished Corrag: A Novel and it was a great story!!

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 619 comments I picked up Hit and Run by Lurlene McDaniel from the library today for 50 cents and it looked like a quick read so I sped through it. I really liked it! Much more than I thought I would anyway..I never though Lurlene McDaniel would be an author I'd like but I'm glad I gave it a try. I'll probably read some of her more recent books!

Vanessa (Vanessamc) I just finished Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen; excellent book. I would definitely recommend if you like the Rizzoli and Isles Series.

Valerie | 103 comments I just finished The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. Was a sweet story with a few interesting characters... Read it in one sitting :)

Anette I just finished reading Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran. It was hard to read because I found it somewhat boring.

Tammy | 30 comments I just finished Forbidden Fruit and really enjoyed it.

Melody (razrbckfan4life) | 475 comments I just finished Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. It was kinda slow at the beginning, but ended up being a really good book.You will definitely need a tissue at the end. I gave it 4 stars. I would recommend it to anyone.

Beth  (techeditor) Naomi wrote: "I will wrap up The Girl in the Gatehouse today. It has been an extremely enjoyable read. I was a bit nervous because it started off kind of slow and like many other books, but around..."

Don't you resent having to read those first 80 pages, though?

Beth  (techeditor) Melody wrote: "I just finished Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I had read alot of good reviews on this book, and the movie is coming out soon so I thought I'd give it a try. Well let me say that I did not disa..."

I thought the best parts of that book were the elephant and the old man.

Beth  (techeditor) Shelli wrote: "Rea wrote: "Just finished Sarah's Key. I wish it had all been about Sarah. The present day part of the narrative, which became the only part after the half way point, just felt like a soap opera wh..."

That's exactly how I felt about SARAH'S KEY. I even reviewed it and said it was soapoperaish when it wasn't about Sarah. But my mother loved it.

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 619 comments I finished Dead Until Dark last night and I loved it!!! I like true blood so I figured id like the books as well

Kayla | 1081 comments Kristina wrote: "I finished Dead Until Dark last night and I loved it!!! I like true blood so I figured id like the books as well"

I like the storylines from the books better. :)

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 619 comments Yeah the first book was almost exactly like the show but I've heard that they changed a lot in the show as it goes on so I'm excited to read different storylines but still with the same character. And I also think that they did an amazing job casting! Anna Paquin makes a perfect Sookie IMO. And I'll never protest Alexander Skarsgard as Eric :)

message 423: by Keri (new)

Keri (MrsTisch) I have the entire Stackhouse series but have yet to start it. I actually loaned it out and just got it back. Looking forward to seeing how it ties in and differs from the show.

Glad to hear it's a good series. The show is so great!

Stacy | 222 comments I just finished reading The Hunger Games! I really liked it and can't wait to read the next two books in the series.

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 619 comments Stacy, i read the hunger games last summer and LOVED the series. I liked Catching Fire just as much as the first one, and Mockingjay just a little less but it was still good

message 426: by Rea (new)

Rea I've got the first two Sookie books that I've been meaning to read, but they're in England and I'm not. The show diverting from the contents of the books may be a good thing (for me) as I felt the third season was a bit all over the place. They've announced that they're going to follow the plot of book 4 somewhat, at least vis à vis the relationships, so that means we've got lots of Sookie and Eric goodness to look forward to :) :)

Anyway, personally I just finished Murder in Little Italy by Victoria Thompson. I was umming and ahhing about whether to continue with this series, but I enjoyed the characters so much that I decided to go for it. All the books up to now have been enjoyable but she's starting to lose some of the magic between the two characters, which is a shame. I wish she'd just get them courting already!

Stacy | 222 comments Thanks Kristina! I can't wait to read the next two books. They are so good, and i'm excited for hollywood to start casting for the movie version

Melody (razrbckfan4life) | 475 comments I just finished The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie MaComber. I really enjoyed this book. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series as well.

message 429: by Alicia (last edited Mar 24, 2011 03:08PM) (new)

Alicia Stacy wrote: "Thanks Kristina! I can't wait to read the next two books. They are so good, and i'm excited for hollywood to start casting for the movie version"

Stacy, they've already announced the definite casting of Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss. I'm not sure if they've done any other roles yet. I'm excited too!

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 619 comments Kayla - I couldn't decide between Living Dead in Dallas or SHiver to start today but chose Shiver because it fits in with some challenges I need to finish this month. I'm happy that LDID is just as good as the first :) I'm hooked!

Stacy | 222 comments Alicia wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Thanks Kristina! I can't wait to read the next two books. They are so good, and i'm excited for hollywood to start casting for the movie version"

Stacy, they've already announced the..."

Oh, i think that's a great choice for Katniss! I wonder if they will go with a nobody for the choice of Peena. He sounds like he's built so perhaps Channing Tatum or the i'm having a brain fart, the actor who plays Emmet Cullen in Twilight?

Alicia Stacy wrote: "Alicia wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Thanks Kristina! I can't wait to read the next two books. They are so good, and i'm excited for hollywood to start casting for the movie version"

Stacy, they've alre..."

Hmmm, I picture Peeta as very blonde and wholesome looking if you know what I mean, not a huge meaty guy, but it's been a while since I read the books. I don't mind if they pick unknown actors though, as long as they're decent. I think sometimes unknown actors can actually be better, because they'll come to the movie without the stigma/baggage of their previous roles attached (ie. that guy form twilight will always be known as that guy from twilight no matter what other roles he does, lol).

Tammy | 30 comments I just finished The Mating.

I was so suprised by this book. I got it free for my Nook from Barnes & Noble and was not expecting this type of quality. I really enjoyed it and plan to read the next in the series.

Elise is the youngest child in her family, everyone takes care of her and she is somewhat naive to the daily trials and happenings of her pack. She is shocked beyond measure when her father tells her that she must bond with Kane, the Alpha of another pack to form an alliance between the two different packs. Life for her then becomes unfamiliar and hectic as she adapts to her new life and surroundings.

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 619 comments Tammy - i just got a Nook color and I saw this on the free books, I'll have to try it! Thanks! :)

Vanessa (Vanessamc) I just finished Sense of Evil (Evil, #3) by Kay Hooper. I love the Bishop series!!

message 436: by Tara (new)

Tara | 134 comments Just finished reading The Last Song and like all Nicholas Sparks books, I loved this one. Defiantly cried. 5/5!

message 437: by Gale (new)

Gale Minchew (galeminchew) | 27 comments I just finished The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith and The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) by L.J. Smith. I wasn't sure what to expect after the Twilight series...not bad...

Sibel Hodge | 16 comments I just finished In Search of Lucy - a dramatic story of family relationships. Great story!

Naomi (nblackburn) I finished Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution. I thought it was ok..pretty slow moving for me...

I finished The Second Duchess a couple of days ago and LOVED it! Nice twists...and she did a really nice job of making it a historical suspense. Fantastic writing!

message 440: by Keri (new)

Keri (MrsTisch) I just finished Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4) by David Baldacci by David Baldacci. Great political thriller. Part of a series that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Great book for fans of Grisham that want something different!

Stacy | 222 comments Alicia wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Alicia wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Thanks Kristina! I can't wait to read the next two books. They are so good, and i'm excited for hollywood to start casting for the movie version"

Stacy, ..."

I know what you mean Alicia! Sometimes an unknown actor can bring something new to a film role. I keep hearing rumors that Alex Pettyfer's name is floating around with both The Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments. I think that it will definitely be interesting who they do decide to cast.

Stacy | 222 comments I just finished at 3:30 this morning, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. At first i was apprehensive to read the Millenium trilogy because i've hears so many different things about this trilogy. But i'm so glad that i read them all. They were interesting and full of suspense. I found myself longing to get back to reading the book until it was finished. I'll be paying for staying up so late today i'm sure.

message 443: by Gale (new)

Gale Minchew (galeminchew) | 27 comments Keri wrote: "I just finished Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4) by David Baldacci by David Baldacci. Great political thriller. Part of a series that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Great book for fans of Grisham that want something..."

I finished it over the weekend. It was a good storyline. Even though It seemed to take forever to get through the first part of the book, I'm still looking forward to starting one of the other books in the series, The Collectors

message 444: by Keri (new)

Keri (MrsTisch) Gale wrote: "Keri wrote: "I just finished Divine Justice (Camel Club, #4) by David Baldacci by David Baldacci. Great political thriller. Part of a series that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Great book for fans of Grisham that w..."

Hey Gale! Yes it is a great series. The Collectors is the first in the series so it will help tie the characters in this book together for you!

message 445: by Gale (new)

Gale Minchew (galeminchew) | 27 comments Thanks, Keri! I liked the characters so it will be interesting to see everything come together. Divine Justice alluded to a lot from the past, so I hope to find some of those scenes in The Collectors!

Beth  (techeditor) Melody wrote: "I just finished Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. It was kinda slow at the beginning, but ended up being a really good book.You will definitely need a tissue at the end. I gave it 4 stars. I would re..."

Just goes to show you how people's taste varies. I disliked that book. It was much too syrupy and soap operaish.

I did make myself finish it, though (just because it was given to me so that I would discuss it), and agree with you that the end was a tear jerker.

Sammantha (MissBooksAholic) | 5 comments Just finished Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult! 3 stars.

~Sammy

Tammy | 30 comments I just finished The Keeping

This was another great suprise and another free book for my Nook Color from Barnes & Noble. This is the second issue in this paranormal romantic suspense series, and I look forward to moving on to book number three.

Melody is a journalism student trying to make her own way. She was suprised to be interviewed, chosen and paid well to research and interview an elusive artist, Ryne Taylor. After her long journey to a rural area in Canada, being attacked by some extra large dogs, Melody soon discovers some mysteries of her own which involve her physical being and her heart. Melody's research also jepordizes her fate and the fate of Ryne and Kane's packs.

Melody (razrbckfan4life) | 475 comments I just finished Matters of the Heart by Danielle Steel. I gave this one 3 stars.It was good, I enjoyed it, a very different story than what she usually writes about but still very entertaining

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 619 comments just finished The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan, loved it! I am loving this series!