The Sword and Laser discussion

Chung Kuo

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Walker (reech) | 6 comments I read a couple of these books in the 80s\90s - my very battered, tattered part 1 is lying around somewhere.

http://www.chung-kuo.net/

Chung Kuo sequence is a set of novels about the future of China, and the future of earth. Very epid spacey-scifi, which many people missed first time round. I wonder how it'll hold up against current sci-fi-spacey-epics like the Saga of Seven Suns...

Well, we'll have a way to find out now, as the original series is being recast in 20 novels, with a lot of new content (including new prequel novels, and a totally different ending.)

I'm on the edge of my seat, and attempting to stay away from my original first book, since there's new frontage and prequel stuff coming.

Anyone else read these a few years back?

message 2: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4663 comments How is saga of the 7 suns?

message 3: by Vance (new)

Vance | 357 comments Wow, I had the book simply entitled Chung Kuo and, at first, it sucked me in and I loved it! But somewhere along the way it just lost me, seemed to drag, and I never finished it. Maybe worth a second chance.

message 4: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ashby | 99 comments I loved this series! I still have most of them but lost the first one somewhere along the line. Very different take on the future of humanity.

unread topics | mark unread