Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > completed series recomendation

Comments (showing 1-44 of 44) (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 116 comments Okay I want to go to the book store and get of course books, but I would like a completed paranormal series where I can pick up all the books and just sit down and read the whole series. Anyone know any? thanks!

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 156 comments paranormal romance??

these 2 are great paranormal romance series that are completed!!

demonica series
Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Sin Undone by Larissa Ione

the nightwalkers series
Jacob (Nightwalkers, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank Gideon (Nightwalkers, #2) by Jacquelyn Frank Elijah (Nightwalkers, #3) by Jacquelyn Frank Damien (Nightwalkers, #4) by Jacquelyn Frank Noah (Nightwalkers, #5) by Jacquelyn Frank

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 116 comments thank you! I think I might go Demonica then, heard a lot of good things about that one

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 156 comments oh, yes. demonica series is great! 8)

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (DarkHeart) | 737 comments If you're just looking for paranormal and would happily accept urban fantasy rather than just paranormal romance, I will throw out a recommendation for the just finished, and brilliant, Shifters series from Rachel Vincent:

Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

EowynRN | 121 comments Go demonica. I've read the first 3 books in the last 5 days. I'm lovin it!

message 7: by Jen ~The dreamer~ (last edited Oct 13, 2010 07:50AM) (new)

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Is the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent YA or adult? I also agree with demonica!! Awesome series.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 156 comments Jen wrote: "Is the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent YA or adult? I also agree with demonica!! Awesome series."

adult.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments Great, TY Mariya!

Regina (ReginaR) DarkHeart "Vehngeance" wrote: "If you're just looking for paranormal and would happily accept urban fantasy rather than just paranormal romance, I will throw out a recommendation for the just finished, and brilliant, Shifters se..."

I need to get started reading this series, I have heard mixed things about it, but it seems that most readers really liked the last book.

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 156 comments i read the first two shifters books and i have a love/hate relationship wit this series.

Tracy T. (traecrochet) | 251 comments The first 2 Shifters books are ok, but it really picks up in the 3rd.

Erika  Badass (nurslings) | 25 comments shifters are OK, much prefer the demons of Demonica though :P

Cona Hartwig | 49 comments You Slay Me (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister Light My Fire (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #3) by Katie MacAlister Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #4) by Katie MacAlister. I just finished this series and loved it. It was funny!

Ann | 159 comments Is Demonice steamy? I'm a huge J R Ward fan - BDB. Want another similar series.

Regina (ReginaR) Yes, it is very steamy and yummy. :)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 156 comments oh, GOD YES!!!! very steamy and sexy and so hot!

Ann | 159 comments Will be going thru BDB withdrawl soon....looks like Demonica could be a winner. Has the series ended? Or still continuing?

Regina (ReginaR) Its ended, but there is a spin off.

Jen  ~The dreamer~ | 649 comments They are sex Demons (Demonica) so yea, it's very steamy! ;)

Ann | 159 comments Woo-Hoo!!!! Just the 5 bks with Sin Undone being the last one?

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 156 comments yup. sin undone is the last book.

message 24: by Katherine (last edited Oct 15, 2010 06:19PM) (new)

Katherine Smith (kathi7472) | 3 comments I love Kathryn Smith's "Brotherhood of the Blood" series.
Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) by Kathryn Smith Night of the Huntress (Brotherhood of Blood, #2) by Kathryn Smith Taken by the Night (Brotherhood of Blood, #3) by Kathryn Smith Let the Night Begin (Brotherhood of Blood, #4) by Kathryn Smith Night After Night (Brotherhood of the Blood, #5) by Kathryn Smith

Nairabell | 191 comments Another paranormal series that leans more towards urban fantasy is Rachel Caine's Weather Wardens:

Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine Heat Stroke (Weather Warden, #2) by Rachel Caine Chill Factor (Weather Warden, #3) by Rachel Caine Windfall (Weather Warden, #4) by Rachel Caine Firestorm (Weather Warden, #5) by Rachel Caine Thin Air (Weather Warden, #6) by Rachel Caine Gale Force (Weather Warden, #7) by Rachel Caine Cape Storm (Weather Warden, #8) by Rachel Caine Total Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9) by Rachel Caine

Plus it has the side benefit of an ongoing spin-off series that you can jump to if you like the Weather Wardens :)

Eva | 2 comments Jen wrote: "Is the Shifter series by Rachel Vincent YA or adult? I also agree with demonica!! Awesome series."

It's adult and it was great. It is one of the best series I have read in a while!

Kelli (mumandoc) | 31 comments Huge BDB fan also, not too crazy about the last one though. Also, just finished Kresley Cole's latest, Demon From the Dark. It was enjoyable,just havent found anything as good as BDB yet. Demonica sounds interesting, any other series suggestions?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Shifters is a great series and it is most definitely adult (although it's not overly graphic). I like that the shifters are black cats. It's nice to see something other than wolves.

Ann | 159 comments Kelli - Just finished BDB again for the 3rd time. Everyone I know has suggested Demonica, so its next up on my list.

message 30: by Malena (last edited Oct 22, 2010 02:15PM) (new)

Malena (Mallena) | 20 comments Demonica all the way!!!

But I would recommend the series Lord of the Underworld - If you like Greek mythology

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld,  #1) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld,  #2) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld,  #3) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Fire (Lords of the Underworld, #.5, Prequel) by Gena Showalter

message 31: by Amber (last edited Oct 22, 2010 02:51PM) (new)

Amber | 83 comments Demonica has a short story follow up to the series about Wraith and Serena.

I loved Katie MacAlister's Aisling Gray series and it has a couple spinoff series too.

The Lords of the Underworld series is not completed yet. I'd expect at least another three or four books in that one.

Two recommendations from me:

Christine Feehan's Drake Sisters (7 books), which has a spinoff series she just started.
Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters,  #1)  by Christine Feehan The Twilight Before Christmas (Includes  Drake Sisters, #2; Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan Oceans of Fire (Drake Sisters, #3) by Christine Feehan Dangerous Tides (Drake Sisters, #4) by Christine Feehan Safe Harbor (Drake Sisters, #5) by Christine Feehan Turbulent Sea (Drake Sisters, #6) by Christine Feehan Hidden Currents (Drake Sisters, #7) by Christine Feehan
and
Jean Johnson's Sons of Destiny series (8 books), which she wrote one follow up book for.
The Sword (Sons of Destiny, #1) by Jean Johnson The Wolf (Sons of Destiny, #2) by Jean Johnson The Master (Sons of Destiny, #3) by Jean Johnson The Song (Sons of Destiny, #4) by Jean Johnson The Cat (Sons of Destiny, #5) by Jean Johnson The Storm (Sons of Destiny, #6) by Jean Johnson The Flame (Sons of Destiny, #7) by Jean Johnson The Mage (Sons of Destiny, #8) by Jean Johnson

PNR | 112 comments Malena wrote: "Demonica all the way!!!

But I would recommend the series Lord of the Underworld - If you like Greek mythology

The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld,  #1) by Gena Showalter The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld,  #2) by Gena Showalter [bookco..."

I love Lords of the Underworld, but that isn't a completed series :)

Nairabell | 191 comments Oh, I totally forgot Anya Bast's Elemental Witches:

Witch Fire (Elemental Witches, #1) by Anya Bast Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, #2) by Anya Bast Witch Heart (Elemental Witches, #3) by Anya Bast Witch Fury (Elemental Witches, # 4) by Anya Bast

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 102 comments Two really good complete series are Keri Arthur's Riley Jensen Guardian series and Michelle Rowen's Immortality Bites Series.
http://www.keriarthur.com/ 9 books
http://www.michellerowen.com/books/ 5 books
Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur 1st Riley Book
Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites, #1) by Michelle Rowen 1st Immortality Bites Book

Sonya | 13 comments Does anyone know of any books with a hero thats an a**hole at first??? An example of what I'm looking for is like Angel's Blood, Hush, Hush. Those kinda stories!! I gotta taste for nasty heros right now, if you could help it would be GREATLY appreciated!

PNR | 112 comments Define asshole. Like, mean and misunderstood? Or an actual jerk?

Sonya | 13 comments Both works for me!!

Joanne Valiukas (joannevaliukas) | 8 comments Hi,

I'm totally new to this group but thought I would join given that this is my favourite reading subject. I like to read almost anything but paranormal fantasy with strong, deep characters with flawed, real character traits and great storyline with some romance thrown in...nothing better.
That being said, The wonderful Ms Anne Bishop and the Black Jewels books...Daemon Sadi, what an amazingly gorgeous character. I just want to take him in my arms and promise to make everything right.

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 102 comments Joann - you do like paranormal romance or not? This groupe isa paranormal romance group.Your post said anything but paranormal romance. Just checking.

Cait1204 | 54 comments Sonny wrote: "Does anyone know of any books with a hero thats an a**hole at first??? An example of what I'm looking for is like Angel's Blood, Hush, Hush. Those kinda stories!! I gotta taste for nasty heros righ..."

Ilona Andrews - Kate Daniels series. The first book is hard to get through, but stick with it; the tension between Curran and Kate builds with each book...as in, you don't know if they're going to rip each others heads or clothes off.

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 102 comments I liked this series too.

Joanne Valiukas (joannevaliukas) | 8 comments Vicky wrote: "Joann - you do like paranormal romance or not? This groupe isa paranormal romance group.Your post said anything but paranormal romance. Just checking."

Sorry if I wasn't clear. What I was saying was that I read anything but that there is nothing better than good paranormal fantasy - it's the best, by far and definitely my favourite.

Kelli (mumandoc) | 31 comments OMG thanks for all the suggestions. Just finished Demonica series----LOVED IT!!!! So in the Fall/Winter I am a read-a-holic. Looks as if Lords of the Underworld series is up next. Are they as good as Demonica and BDB series??? Tough shoes to fill in my opinion.

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 102 comments LOTU is a pretty good series, haven't read Demonica.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sin Undone (other topics)
Elijah (other topics)
Noah (other topics)
Passion Unleashed (other topics)
Damien (other topics)
More...