Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > Paranormal Romance movies (or TV)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 62) (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by PNR (new)

PNR | 112 comments It seems like there would be more paranormal romance-type movies (and television) given the huge market for such books. Perhaps it is because of all the steamy sex? ;)

So, anyone got stuff for my Netflix queue? I'm not really into the Twilight saga and I know about the Vampire Diaries TV show; anyone have more adult-type recommendations? I've never watched romantic movies but I think I'd be interested in them if there were sexy vampires or werewolves in them! :)

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 116 comments I just started being human and really like but there is only 6 episodes a season. Its about a vampire,a hot one of course, a werewolf and a ghost. I would love to hear about any other suggestions

message 3: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments I love Being Human as well, but I must warn you that it gets very dark as it goes on.

I agree about not having enough paranormal romances. Can't you see a series about the Argeneaus?

message 4: by PNR (new)

PNR | 112 comments Oh, and there's obviously True Blood but it isn't back on for a year!!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (Ter05) | 608 comments I don't know of anything on right now but Moonlight with Alex O'Loughlin was my all time favorite and although it only had one season it is out on DVD. An old one that also is on DVD is Forever Knight and it had three seasons. I watched it on DVD as I missed it first time around. Both are vampires and both had some romance in them and both really good. The only good werewolf one I know of was Wolf Lake and there is no DVD. Sometimes SyFy or Chiller Channel have marathons of it.

message 6: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments Being Human is really good.

There's a new show I think in Canada<?> called Lost Girl about a succubus PI. There's only 3 or 4 episodes right now. The myth with this show is all these supernaturals {succubus, weres, etc} are different types of fae. This succubus was raised by humans and just found out that she's a fae/succubus.

But for Netflix. . .there's Buffy {of course}, Angel, Moonlight, Charmed, Hex, Trueblood, Being Human. I know there are a ton of others I can't remember off the top of my head. Some of those are on instant play {LOVE instant play} and some aren't.

message 7: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments I'll keep an eye out for Lost Girl. If it's from Canada then I'm really interested. I really like their shows. Border is one of my favourites.

message 8: by PNR (new)

PNR | 112 comments Lost Girl looks promising, any way to see that without moving to Canada? :)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 96 comments It's more UF than PNR, but Blood Ties the TV show from Canada is based on the books by Tanya Huff and was a really good show.

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda (craftymommy) | 97 comments It's not even sort of PNR, but if you like really dark and really strange paranormal stuff there's a series from the late 90s called The Hunger. It only ran for two seasons. Each episode is its own story.

I've only seen a handful of them but it was - well, like I said: really dark and really strange. Just a suggestion if you like that sort of thing.

message 11: by Jax (last edited Oct 16, 2010 05:54PM) (new)

Jax (JaxC) | 21 comments I have watched 4 epis of Lost Girl and LOVE it. You should check it out!!! Also loved Moonlight, Bloodties, true blood and Vamp Diaries.

I did not like the Hunger...way weird....

message 12: by Jax (new)

Jax (JaxC) | 21 comments I watched maybe 5 epis of being human... I didnt get into it. Maybe it got better after that though.
I was truly pissed about Moonlight... That show was GREAT!

message 13: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments There were some great shows that went south because of the writers' strike. i wonder why they dont have another look at them now? Life, Eli Stone were two of the ones we just loved and hate that they haven't come back. I never got a chance to see Moonlight and have been trying to get hold them to look at ever since. I'm hoping Foxtel decide to repeat it so I get another chance.

message 14: by Jax (new)

Jax (JaxC) | 21 comments AAAHHH. I loved Eli Stone!!!! I thought there was talk of picking Moonlight back up...

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (Ter05) | 608 comments You can get the Moonlight DVD's on Netflix. I just had company from Finland and we watched the whole thing in two nights - I have the DVD's. Just makes me angry at CBS all over again it was such a great show. I haven't watched CBS for two years. And I agree the last episode, if it had to end, was wonderful.

message 16: by EowynRN (new)

EowynRN | 121 comments I thought Eli Stone went south for ratings, which is just sad because I've loved Jonny Lee Miller since Hackers, and was excited for his second chance. Boo!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (Ter05) | 608 comments ABC just canceled their summer series The Gates too. It was just getting really good with a lot of ways the story could develop. One short season....sigh.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (Ter05) | 608 comments I am totally with you, Sabrina. I sent an e-mail to ABC telling them this - like they care. No more new shows for me unless they are off the chart with popularity. But then I never seem to like those shows.

message 19: by Sally (new)

Sally (larwos) | 258 comments There's a marvellous new British show that started here last night - Sherlock. It's a modern day Sherlock Holmes and it's brilliant! Very witty and clever as well as fascinating story line.

message 20: by PNR (new)

PNR | 112 comments Are the folks who've seen Lost Girl in Canada?

message 21: by Jax (new)

Jax (JaxC) | 21 comments Nope. I download them.

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather | 60 comments I was so mad about Tru Calling getting cancelled. It was getting so good. Also Blood Ties was awesome!!!! I want to marry Henry.

I love Vampiare Diaries, true blood, The gates, and just got into Haven.

What is this Lost Girl and Where can I see it- in the states?

message 23: by Jax (new)

Jax (JaxC) | 21 comments I download the Lost Girl from a torrent site...

message 24: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1385 comments Too bad Gates is canceled. ;_;

message 25: by Jax (new)

Jax (JaxC) | 21 comments WHAT... I did not know the Gates was canceled... :( That sucks

message 26: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1385 comments I know! It was getting so good! I really liked Dylan -he's so rational, you don't see that on TV- and his friendship with the sherrif!

message 27: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) How about Supernatural? I mean... It's got romance mixed in with the paranormal. I love it.

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily | 6 comments Dresden Files...but it was canceled after only one season. Shame too cause I really like it, even if it was a little corny. You can Netflix it.

message 29: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 83 comments Sabrina Fair wrote: "I really liked Eli Stone as well... I'm sorry Terry!

I didn't watch The Gates for that very reason. It may seem silly but I get bummed if a show I get into gets canceled after a season so I wait n..."

I do the same thing I never watch a show until it has been on 2 seasons. I got tired of getting really into a show and then it gets cancelled, all that time wasted.

message 30: by Paranormal (new)

Paranormal Haven (ParanormalHaven) | 81 comments Being Human. Not so much sexy as just being a good paranormal t.v. show

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenlopez1283) | 116 comments Jennifer wrote: "I just started being human and really like but there is only 6 episodes a season. Its about a vampire,a hot one of course, a werewolf and a ghost. I would l..."

Im almost done with season 2 and youre right it has gone a lot darker than how it started and im totally hooked lol i just wish there more episodes per season

message 32: by Doe965 (last edited Nov 08, 2010 09:15AM) (new)

Doe965 I love Being Human, however I just found out there is going to be an American version of Being Human. WOW that is going to suck because I'll be comparing it to England's version.

As for The Gates, I don;t think it was officially canceled. I hope they don't, the season ended with too many cliffhangers.

message 33: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1385 comments Yeah, one of the actors tweeted about it, Doe. :(

message 34: by Doe965 (new)

Doe965 That really sucks!!!! And you wonder why no one watches television anymore. I'll bet ABC will replace it with some reality crap.

message 35: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1385 comments Yeah, why would we try any shows knowing that they might be canceled, ABC. :(

message 36: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Valiukas (joannevaliukas) | 8 comments There was a series that run for one season only because the male lead died in a car accident. It is called Kindred, the embraced about vampires. Well worth a look and is easily available on DVD for around $15- from all the usual places.
I love vamp movies and series, they don't even have to be particularly good, I love them all anyway. LOL

Jo

message 37: by twinfish2 (new)

twinfish2 | 83 comments There was a show called WOLF LAKE with Lou Diamond Phillips that was on for only one season. It is about werewolves. I liked it.

message 38: by Benita Vehnom (new)

Benita Vehnom  Ruiz (Bluebell7) | 114 comments Sally wrote: "I love Being Human as well, but I must warn you that it gets very dark as it goes on.

I agree about not having enough paranormal romances. Can't you see a series about the Argeneaus?"

YES!!!!

message 39: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Brauer (tenaciousN) | 12 comments twinfish2 wrote: "There was a show called WOLF LAKE with Lou Diamond Phillips that was on for only one season. It is about werewolves. I liked it."

I really enjoyed "Wolf Lake." A few episodes were clunkers, but overall it was a lot of fun. :)

message 40: by new_user (new)

new_user | 1385 comments I loved Wolf Lake! *tear* Especially Paul Wesley as the bad boy. ;)

message 41: by Becky (new)

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 69 comments Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) wrote: "ABC just canceled their summer series The Gates too. It was just getting really good with a lot of ways the story could develop. One short season....sigh."

The Gates was a good show, I'm sad it got cancelled :(

message 42: by Becky (new)

Becky  (bucktuskl) | 69 comments PNR wrote: "Oh, and there's obviously True Blood but it isn't back on for a year!!"

You should watch True Blood for sure... if you read the Sookie Stackhouse books first it's even better :)

message 43: by Goldenmuse (new)

Goldenmuse | 2 comments I really miss Blood Ties and Moonlight; BT in particular had such a sexy hero and strong heroine. As far as feature films, I've really been getting into the 1313 series from Rapid Heart; the latest is Wicked Stepbrother. All of the movies have paranormal vampire themes, hot guys and strong ladies; I'd love to see more ladies stumble onto these flicks!

message 44: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Nov 26, 2011 06:36PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2432 comments Mod
lol, here's a funny one for you all, if you can find it. it's called Sundown; The Vampire in Retreat http://www.amazon.com/Sundown-Vampire...

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer (MichMag) | 756 comments For movies, have you watched Underworld?

message 46: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2432 comments Mod
And I found and watched on line a movie called http://www.amazon.com/Nightlife-VHS-B... Its a light hearted look at vampires. Sorry, this link just tells a bit about the movie--I don't remember exactly where I watched it--Netflix, Amazon or maybe even Hulu or YouTube.

message 47: by Rheya (new)

Rheya | 1 comments I read that Lost Girl was coming to Syfy which surprised me in a good way since right now it's my favorite show. So that is something definitely worth checking out.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/18/syf...

message 48: by Delaney (new)

Delaney  Burton (DelaneyAKAFrog) | 347 comments Being Human is a good one. There are 2 different shows, UK and USA. My husband actually likes both. I have only watched the USA one, which I loved and can't wait for the next season to start. But it has already had one whole season and can be found on the Syfy channel, not sure if it is on netflix but would be worth a look. I will have to look up some of these other everyone is posting.

message 49: by Delaney (new)

Delaney  Burton (DelaneyAKAFrog) | 347 comments Ok I was curious as when Lost Girl will start here in the US and looked it up thought someone else might too. So here's what I found.
Being Human 2nd season starts Jan. 16th @ 9/8c
Lost Girl Jan 16th, 2012 @ 10 both on the Syfy channel

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 406 comments We've had the first season of Lost Girl here in Australia and it was good fun. Sorta reminds me of early Buffy...

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread