Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Literary Fiction > Welcome Literary Fiction Authors and Readers!!

Comments (showing 51-100 of 319) (319 new)    post a comment »

Sheila | 51 comments Joanna wrote: "Hello,

Not sure if 2 of my novels qualify as Literary fiction, people say they do, but I never thought of them as such. Vissi d'arte is about students at an opera school learning s..."

Hi, Joanna. Your book sounds interesting. Do you have a background in music or opera?

Mark Glamack (wwwgoodreadscomuser_littluns) | 58 comments Since "Literary" anything is characterized by the more formal, balanced, and polished language of literature rather than the informal language of speech, I would say that my award winning "Littluns: And the Book of Darkness" qualifies as Literary Fiction.

The multi-award winning “Littluns: And the Book of Darkness" is for you, family, and friends for all seasons and all reasons with the most different reading experience you'll ever have. Don't let the animation-like content fool you. "Littluns" is for "Young Adult" and grown-up reading on an adventure and journey of a lifetime; a fantasy that takes readers beyond their imagination into reality and truth under God.

"Littluns: And the Book of Darkness” is a book - that is in some interesting ways like a movie - that's really a 411 page, color illustrated fantasy novel depicting the best of both worlds for anyone searching for the truth of it all.

BLOG: http://www.littlunsblog.com This site has the most information about "Littluns."

WEBSITE: http://www.littluns.net This site is where people can order "Littluns." A 50 second video and sample chapter.

Marion Stein | 27 comments I'm skeptical of these boards. This one looks like all writers. Where are the readers? My thinking is that literary fiction is an especially hard sell for indies. I belong to a book club where no one has read my books, and I'm a bit embarrassed to even talk about them. That said, if any reader finds his or her way here and likes transgressive fiction, doesn't mind multiple points of view and a somewhat non-linear narrative, then you might like my novel Loisaida -- A New York Story. It's set in New York's East Village in the late 1980's and was inspired by some true events, gentrification, a riot and a crime so shocking it became the stuff of neighborhood legend.

You can get a link to a sample here: http://www.loisaidathenovel.com

It's been out for a while and sales have slowed. I'd happily get a free e-book version to anyone who likes the sample enough to buy it provided that he or she regularly reviews on Amazon or on a blog or other venue. If you're interested in that offer, you can message me on Goodreads.

message 54: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Sheila,

I wanted to be an opera singer, but wasn't good enough. The opera school where I studied drama, music and movement was the inspiration for Vissi d'arte.

Sheila | 51 comments Joanna wrote: "Hello Sheila,

I wanted to be an opera singer, but wasn't good enough. The opera school where I studied drama, music and movement was the inspiration for Vissi d'arte."

That's a shame, but it's a hard life. One never knows when something is a blessing in disguise. My niece studied ballet but then grew too tall to take part; at least I think that was the problem. Might have been an injury,too. She was really upset, of course, but looking back is glad it never happened.
I too have a "not quite good enough" voice. I love to sing, but I would have crumbled had I done it professionally, good enough or not. But I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.
Sheila

Priya (Priyavasudevan) | 35 comments Hi,
Middle Time by Priya vasudevan My book is posted under historical fiction but I've added it here as its been tagged as literary as well.
Here's the blurb:
Middle Time by Priya Vasudevan is a historical mystery and adventure to be published by Niyogi Books- featuring Maya and Achale- two exceptional women on similar quests, separated only by time. Middle Time is the first in a trilogy of books featuring Maya- a Chennai lawyer.
Her client Tulsi dies and leaves her a legacy of doubt: why did she die? Is it something to do with a death in 1536?
Hampi 1536….
The glorious reign of Krishna Deva Raya has ended. Achyuta Deva Raya is the titular head.
The times are turbulent – riddled with fratricidal conflicts, secret plots and territorial battles. In this maelstrom of conflicting influences, saints are commonplace and great poetry is spawned every day.
At the centre of it all is Achale, a temple dancer searching for herself…
Hounded by the officials of Hampi, she is pitch- forked into the investigation of Thulasi's death. Thulasi was a Brahmin widow excommunicated by her village for bearing an illegitimate son. Then she was catapulted to respectability when her son was declared a saint. Why did she die? Was she murdered?
Achale and Maya have to ask themselves these questions as they race against time to catch a dangerous and malevolent enemy until their worlds collide…
And somewhere in the middle is the answer to death….. and life…
Weave back and forth through Time as the book draws you deeper and deeper into its magic…
Funny, heartwarming, poignant and real… the book will draw you into its depths and won’t let go until long after you have finished it…..
This book is a dip into Indian culture as it features poems and songs of the period.

Loukia Borrell | 20 comments Hello Everyone! Raping Aphrodite Murder, intrigue and the truth revealed in this fictional work set on the Mediterranean Island of Cyprus.

Leonard (LeonardSeet) | 17 comments Priya wrote: "Hi,
Middle Time by Priya vasudevan My book is posted under historical fiction but I've added it here as its been tagged as literary as well.
Here's the blurb:
Middle Time by Priya Vasudevan is a h..."

Sounds interesting.

message 59: by [deleted user] (new)

Sheila wrote: "Joanna wrote: "Hello Sheila,

I wanted to be an opera singer, but wasn't good enough. The opera school where I studied drama, music and movement was the inspiration for Vissi d'arte."

That's a sha..."

Hi Sheila, I think the ballet world is terribly hard and not very healthy. My cousin wanted to be a ballerina and went to ballet school. She started to have trouble with her stomach and went to the doctor. As soon as he knew she was at ballet school he asked her how many laxatives she took a day. She said 100. When she told me that I was so horrified I screamed. So I think she's well out of it.

Sheila | 51 comments Hi, Joanna. I think you're right, and probably she does too, now. She's happily married with 3 lovely kids and works for the Children's Aid. Not glamorous, but fulfilling.
100 laxatives a day is atrocious! I'm not sure I love ballet anymore given that it is so terribly hard on people, plus rather "fake" - no one is naturally that thin and athletic.

David Lloyd (dlboker) | 6 comments Hi all,

My first novel - As I Died Laughing - has recently come out in e-book format.

Here is a short blurb, to introduce the book:

"When Michael creates a virtual character to seduce his wife, he quickly loses control over his creation, slipping into a world where he no longer knows where reality ends and fiction begins. And he begins to wonder if he is writing himself out of existence."

message 62: by [deleted user] (new)

Sheila wrote: "Hi, Joanna. I think you're right, and probably she does too, now. She's happily married with 3 lovely kids and works for the Children's Aid. Not glamorous, but fulfilling.
100 laxatives a day is a..."

Hi Sheila, Glad she's fulfilled. Glamour it's so fake. Working for children's aid is far more worthwhile.

Sheila | 51 comments Joanna wrote: "Sheila wrote: "Hi, Joanna. I think you're right, and probably she does too, now. She's happily married with 3 lovely kids and works for the Children's Aid. Not glamorous, but fulfilling.
100 laxat..."

Glamour is fake, but there's no denying it's also seductive. It's like a dream of how we want life to be, and I think it can actually be a beacon of hope when you're down. But sometimes the people who project it pay a terrible price.

message 64: by [deleted user] (new)

Sheila wrote: "Joanna wrote: "Sheila wrote: "Hi, Joanna. I think you're right, and probably she does too, now. She's happily married with 3 lovely kids and works for the Children's Aid. Not glamorous, but fulfill..."

Yes, Sheila, I agree. Princess Diana is a good example. An earlier one is Marilyn Munroe.

message 65: by [deleted user] (new)

My second novel is set in the Australian outback.

Eumeralla - Secrets, Tragedy and Love by Joanna Stephen-Ward

If Eleanor could go back 24 years and change things she'd wish away her children.

Sheila | 51 comments Joanna wrote: "My second novel is set in the Australian outback.

Eumeralla - Secrets, Tragedy and Love by Joanna Stephen-Ward

If Eleanor could go back 24 years and change things she'd wish away her children."

Great lead line!

message 67: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks, Sheila. The first line of the novel is, There was a snake on Jonathan's grave.

Sheila | 51 comments Joanna wrote: "Thanks, Sheila. The first line of the novel is, There was a snake on Jonathan's grave."

Excellent! You are really catching my interest. Maybe you and I could do a review exchange at some point, if you're interested.
Right now I'm "up to here" but in the New Year ...
Sheila

message 69: by Christine (last edited Dec 03, 2011 06:02PM) (new)

Christine Mcintyre (ChristineMcIntyre) | 16 comments I've GOT to tell you all, the first soft cover copy of my newly published novel sold at Amazon today! It is truly a milestone to celebrate, this being my debut novel. Here's a little snippet:

‎"His stirring dragged me out of sleep into a soundless night. I moved closer, pressing my back against his breastbone. My flesh quivered on contact with the soft, slightly ticklish crine. The downy hairs that reigned over his chest and abdomen had also reached the region of his shoulders. Vanguard filaments ventured even further down the columns of muscles flanking his ribcage; they threatened to someday collide with the cilia governing in the region of his buttocks. Perhaps in his senior years, the graying fleece might have achieved hairy hegemony. Already the tufts, nestled like snipers, were beginning to sneak out of his ears and the elf lock at his throat threatened to join ranks with his beard hairs, the reserve guard he shaved for now.

I curled myself into the curve of his torso and pressed tightly into his pelvis and thighs. He reached his arm further around, engraving me deeper into the warm hollow formed by his closing frame. I would have liked to have been absorbed completely, as by osmosis, and become one with his breathing, his breath, his life.

He whispered in my ear, teasingly, playfully: “Ehhh, la grosse, je t’aime!” Suddenly, a jolt fired through my nerve-endings; I remembered. Oh God, I remembered! Horrified, I pulled away, quickly reaching for the lamp chain. I tugged and turned to look. No. Not there; only a vague indentation, only a slight depression where he had lain. Disbelieving that it was just a dream, I slid my hand along the barely discernible, still warm hollow in the sheet."

~ excerpt from Chapter One

http://www.amazon.com/Jah-na-Sleep-Ch...

Tina Boscha (TinaBoscha) | 21 comments Congrats! I agree, it is a total thrill when you see that first sale. Woohoo!

message 72: by R (new)

R (rikksandresslbpublishingcocom) | 1 comments Topic: Bestselling author brings you betrayal, lies and shocking secrets.

"My Father's Colors" by bestselling author Marian L. Thomas, takes you on the journey of four individuals that lead to one incredible destination filled with betrayal, lies and shocking secrets.
Naya Monà is back on another emotional and drama-filled roller coaster as she finds herself fighting to find her voice, discover her father's past and search for her daughter. How do you find a daughter you never knew you gave birth to?
Then there's Chris—her husband. How far would one go for love? That is the question that Chris wastes no time answering. He will do whatever it takes to remove his wife’s pain, even if it means being the one to cause her the most.
Let's not forget Misty. Fame and Fortune have been the determining factor for Misty ever since her father passed away. How far will she go, this time, to achieve it?
Introducing, Carl Thompson. Carl has found the love of his life, only she doesn’t know it. Green eyes and hazel brown hair fill his dreams for the future. Does he have enough love for the both of them?

Booklovers everywhere can purchase "My Father's Colors" on Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/Fathers-Colors-...
Author's Website: http://marianlthomas.com

Author BIO
Marian L. Thomas is the best-selling author of, Color Me Jazzmyne and the 2011 release, My Father's Colors. She resides in Atlanta with her husband and their spoiled but playful dog, Winston. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Communication, graduating Magna Cum Laude.

Schedule a Book Club Visit by the Author,
Rikki Sandress
Publicist
rikkisandress@lbpublishingco.com
My Father's Colors-The Drama-Filled Journey of Naya Monà Continues by Marian L. Thomas

Cynan Jones (CynanJones) | 34 comments Happy New Year all. I'm settling in for a few months of work to complete a third novel. Again set on the West Wales coast, but this time drawing on a back story set early during the Second World War when an Italian intern is released to agricultural labour on a farm in the area...

Meanwhile, the second novel is making progress. It occurred to me, now that the books are available on kindle, that if every member of this group paid just £3.99 for one of my books, and given I get 25% of that through my publisher, I would be able to sustain myself to write for 6 months!

That's a long cry from the £300 advance I got for my first novel, The Long Dry!

Do readers know how little authors actually make? They always seem horrified when the point comes up in reading groups I talk to!

However, we do it because we like it. On we go.

All the best for 2012!

Everything I Found on the Beach by Cynan Jones

The Long Dry by Cynan Jones

Christopher Hawke | 12 comments Great Reviews – Unnatural Truth by Christopher Hawke
http://ChristopherHawke.com
Unnatural Truth on GR

Unnatural Truth is a tour de force about reality. It is written in first person by a character whose name, Brendan McGovern, we don't learn until Chapter 3. I found this disconcerting, but brilliant. Names are usually our first identifier. Instead, readers must learn about the substance of the man and what drives him. His name becomes secondary.

We soon discover that ...Brendan is schizophrenic. He is also a philosopher, a teacher, and perhaps, a murderer. He writes about all his experiences as if they are real, and yet, like Brendan himself, we can't be sure. Brendan sees demons as part of his reality. Do we chalk it up to his mental illness, or understand it is a metaphor for a truth we all share--that everyone fights his/her own demons now and again, even if we can't see them.

And what is reality? No two people witness a car accident in exactly the same way. As Brendan says in Chapter 14, "In a sense, we all have our own reality and an ever-growing fear of the actuality of ourselves. This is the reality of which we are truly afraid." I believe this one statement is the heart and soul of Unnatural Truth.

After I knew Brendan had hallucinations and sometimes wrote about things that didn't happen except in his own mind, I read the rest of the book wondering if he was in and out of a lucid state, or if the entire book was his imagination. Was anything or anyone real? Did it even matter? I began to feel slightly schizophrenic myself--which is a good thing, a testament to Mr. Hawke's writing skills. I make it sound as though the book drove me crazy. Not so.

The entire book is rich in very original similes. Hawke's descriptions of people, places, and objects are rarely more than a paragraph long, but are rife with so many adjectives, I can actually "see" what is described. He doesn't ramble on, using descriptive passages just to fill a page. Every description is clean, crisp, and to the point, noticing things in detail that most of us just gloss over. And he certainly has a way with a phrase that can unexpectedly hit me in the solar plexus.

A few of my favorite passages: "...marinating in the tang of pride", "...brief moments of clarity overcome by suffocating normalcy", "I want to lead people back to the real world. Give them a place they can go where it feels more awkward to lie than to tell the truth. A place where true life is so apparent you don't have to look for it." "I want people to experience how everything is interconnected." "We borrow others' spirituality until we find our own." Yes, indeed! And the thoughts just keep coming.

I am only hitting some highlights here. The book is so much more, I'm afraid I don't have the adequate words to really do it justice, nor do I want to ruin anyone's reading experience. It truly is a book whose time has come; a book to ponder and read again and again; a book to remind us that, in these days of a swiftly-changing world, it really is okay to form our own individual reality, simply to cope, if for no other reason. Unnatural Truth, I dare say, is a masterpiece. Bravo, Mr. Hawke!

http://ChristopherHawke.com
Unnatural Truth on GR

Morgan Nyberg | 23 comments Good to find another thread about literary fiction. I've moved exclusively into ebooks (unless I get a very good offer from a trad publisher), and it's very lonely among the torrent of genre titles.
I'll simply post links to my 2 literary/action indie novels. Take a peek if you are interested.

Since Tomorrow by Morgan Nyberg Mr. Millennium by Morgan Nyberg

Dinah Küng (DinahLeeKung) | 8 comments LOVE AND THE ART OF WAR--FREE FOR FIVE DAYS ON AMAZON'S KINDLE
Love and the Art of War by Dinah Lee KüngLove and the Art of War
As of today, my social comedy set in today's London, Love and the Art of War, goes up as a Kindle on Amazon.com, FREE for five days only.
Already one reader has described it as a "lovable" book which I hope means that the characters, as clumsy and confused as they are, are lovable.

Researching the Chinese stratagems that form the backbone of the humorous plot was the work of years, and I'm still thinking of new ways they can be useful to all of us, even in the most mundane of situations.

Happy reading!

Dinah Lee Küng
(nominated for the Orange Prize for Fiction, 2004 for A Visit From Voltaire A Visit From Voltaire by Dinah Lee Küng

message 77: by Karen (last edited Jan 18, 2012 02:37AM) (new)

Karen For anyone with an e-reader, "A Sister's Promise" is available today only as a FREE download at Amazon. www.tinyurl.com/sisterspromise It has 15 5-star reviews and tells how two sister's lives "become intimately intertwined over the question of motherhood." A sister's promise & a wife's promise. . .Kate must break one. Hope you'll check it out & share the news!

Stephen Livingston | 56 comments Hi everyone, I enjoy both reading and writing literary fiction. You may be interested in checking out my short story collection Kindling by Stephen Livingston.
Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.

Book Love (Love_Books) | 11 comments Hello readers and authors. I am an author and a reader. My novel Hot Skull is available on Amazon Kindle.
http://www.amazon.com/HOT-SKULL-ebook...

review: Mark is a twenty-year old contract killer, who is enrolled in the police force to carry out special functions but when he murders a young boy, he begins to see the boy everywhere. Meeting Stacy and saving her puts him at odds with his employer. To keep her and himself alive he must get rid of the looming danger.

Leslie Shimotakahara (lshimo) | 9 comments Hello, I am the author of a literary memoir being released in February. It is called The Reading List: Literature, love and back again. It is the story of an exhausted English professor's struggle to revive her childhood love of reading, while her father, grappling with his own crisis, takes up reading novels for pleasure for the first time. Please visit my blog www.the-reading-list.com for more information about the book and details on the book giveaway I'm currently hosting!

message 81: by Karin (last edited Jan 19, 2012 03:07AM) (new)

Karin Cox (wwwgoodreadscomkarin_cox) | 7 comments Hi there,

I'm Karin and I hope I've got the right forum for my book of shorts, Cage Life. I like to think they are literary fiction, at least. It is what I aspire to.

I'd love more readers and reviewers, so if you like a copy of the ebook to read or review, please let me know and I'll get one to you. Cage Life

Nice to meet you all!

Cheers Karin Cage Life by Karin Cox

message 82: by Dinah (last edited Jan 20, 2012 12:58AM) (new)

Dinah Küng (DinahLeeKung) | 8 comments LOVE AND THE ART OF WAR, a comic novel,
Last day FREE!
Love and the Art of War by Dinah Lee Küng
A London librarian is losing her job, her man and, possibly even her mind. Enrolling in an evening class, "Mending Marriage or Decent Divorce," Jane ends up by mistake with a handful of oddball businessmen studying military genius Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" and China's legendary Thirty-six Battle Stratagems.
Professor Baldwin suggests Jane give his class a try before joining the course for abandoned ladies next door. Applying the wiles and wisdom of ancient military sages, he'll train her how to "fight without fighting"—and win back Joe, her career and best of all, her self-esteem.
Can Sun Tzu and his feudal warlords solve the problems of a middle-aged woman in NW1 London, not to mention the dilemmas of her hapless classmates? Overwhelmed by an ageing celebrity mother and an anorexic teen daughter, the distraught Jane has nothing to lose and in fact, gains more from Baldwin's coaching than she bargained for—with hilarious and poignant results.Love and the Art of War

Nadria Tucker (NadriaTucker) | 17 comments Hey all, I'm Nadria Tucker and my collection of short stories The Heaviest Corner on Earth is available on Amazon. This collection of short stories follows a handful of characters as their lives cross paths in Birmingham, Alabama, a city known for its history of civil rights struggles, its iron ore mining and for being home to an intersection fondly known as “The Heaviest Corner on Earth.”

Stories include “Perfect Enough,” which follows Ebony, an African-American teen desperate to win a beauty pageant in which she’s the only black contestant, “Hold On,” the story of warehouse worker Terry, who yearns to keep his family together in the face of infidelity and economic depression, and “The Last Parade,” a piece that follows an elderly woman’s slow decline into dementia.

Best,
Nadria

Leslie Shimotakahara (lshimo) | 9 comments The book launch for my literary memoir The Reading List: Literature, Love and Back Again was on Tuesday night, and I couldn't have asked for a more delightful mix of readers who showed up at the event to celebrate! It was a pleasure to read for them and share a toast. Posted some photos from the event on my blog at www.the-reading-list.com

John Logan (JohnAALogan) | 92 comments Hello All!
I published my new novel, The Survival of Thomas Ford, as a Kindle ebook on Christmas Day 2011.
It means a lot to me to finally have a chance to get this book out to readers, because this novel had been locked in under contract with a London literary agent for over a year...nearer 18 months...felt longer...
My agent was certain he could sell the book, and the film consultant at the agency, who had been responsible for discovering Slumdog Millionaire as an unpublished manuscript and getting it developed into a film, thought my book was the best she had read at that agency in the last 4 years.
My agent found several editors who "loved the book", but the sales depts of the publishing houses did not agree and no sale was made.
So I have taken the book back into my own hands to sell direct to readers (hopefully)!
The novel is contemporary fiction, what you might call a literary thriller.
I would love to know what readers think of it!
All very best, John
http://www.johnaalogan.com
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Survival-...

The Survival of Thomas Ford has 12 five-star reviews now on Amazon.co.uk...including:

Perfection, by Tristan Hopkinson:
John Logan has created that rare thing - a thriller with a seriously literary voice behind it. His story-telling is marvellous, but it was the beautiful poetic lyricism of his writing that really got me. I hope to see him on a bookshelf very soon.

Gripping, by DphiLsi:
Purchased, downloaded and read inside 24 hours. This book had me gripped from the first few sentences until the very end. As someone who grew up in the Highlands I have always been very aware of the dark mysteries that the nights seem to hold up there... particularly in the forests. "The Survival of Thomas Ford" is a gripping story which you will find difficult to put down. Only start it if you have plenty time on your hands!

Page Turner, by Julia Knox:
Read this on the train to and from work, couldn't put it down, wished the journey was longer so I could read more!! great read.

Excellent literary thriller, by Rita Davidova:
John Logan has written a gripping, atmospheric novel. It's stayed with me for some time after reading it. The dawn of a strong new talent.

Last weekend The Survival of Thomas Ford went to number 13 in the top 100 bestselling paid literary fiction ebooks on Amazon; to number 18 in the Top 100 bestselling paid literary fiction including the paperbacks; (but it is also very much a thriller! It went to number 80 on Saturday in Top 100 bestselling paid thrillers...)
Goodreads page:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13...
Thank-you to the Goodreads readers here who have helped with this!

Dinah Küng (DinahLeeKung) | 8 comments Today we're into Day Two of the five-day FREE giveaway of Under Their Skin by Dinah Lee KüngUnder Their Skin.

My thanks to the hundreds of readers who've already downloaded. It's great to see a literary novel arouse such interest in a new audience.

Dinah Lee Küng A Visit from Voltaire by Dinah Lee Küng Love and the Art of War by Dinah Lee Küng

Stephen Bird (StephenCBird) | 12 comments Hello Goodreads People,

My 2nd book, "Catastrophically Consequential" was released on February 16th, 2012.

Here is the Amazon.com page for this title:

http://www.amazon.com/Catastrophicall...

Here is a 500 Word Synopsis of "Catastrophically Consequential" :

http://stephencbird.wordpress.com/201...

Here is a brief description of "Catastrophically Consequential":

“Catastrophically Consequential” incorporates non-linear plots; comical rants and satirical inner monologues; stream of consciousness dream sequences; psychedelic, surrealistic personae; and time-traveling characters. Revel in the chaotic confusion of sociopathic celebrities, suburban swingers, suicidal trust fund girls, decadent jet setters, D-list standup comics, maladjusted dreamers, medieval princesses, passive-aggressive jokers, "Evilangelists", lost souls with a tentative grip on reality, and a host of disreputable, vindictive losers in their hopeless, collective search for metaphysical clarity. This work encompasses the following genres: Adult, Experimental, Fantasy, Fiction, Humour, Satire, Short Story.

Thank you for your interest,

Stephen C. Bird

Stephen Bird (StephenCBird) | 12 comments Dear Goodreaders,

"Catastrophically Consequential" is also available as an e-book on the Kindle Store on Amazon.com for $1.00. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Catastrophicall...

A Product Description is included on the Amazon page. A 500 Word Synopsis of "Catastrophically Consequential" can be found at this link:

http://stephencbird.wordpress.com/201...

Thank you for your Apathy, Bemusement, Benign Indifference, Dedication, Disgust, Enthusiasm, Irreverence and Pragmatic Opportunism.

Steve / Stephen C. Bird

Zoë S. Roy (zoesroy) | 4 comments Hello Everyone,

It’s nice to meet you all in the group.

Here is a book trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwVp-p... for
The Long March Home. The Long March Home by Zoë S. Roy

I also made a book trailer at http://youtu.be/EpqntSDXgO4 for Butterfly Tears. Butterfly Tears by Zoë S. Roy

Thanks,

Zoe

John Logan (JohnAALogan) | 92 comments http://indieebookreview.wordpress.com...

New review hot off press there for The Survival of Thomas Ford, at Indieebookreview "the place to find ebooks worth reading"

Debra Lauman (DebLauman) | 6 comments I. Joseph Kellerman by Debra Lauman A Picket Fence in Pawpaw by Debra Lauman

Hi, I'm Deb, the hiking writer known as "Ramkitten" and author of two literary fiction titles, neither of which has anything to do with the great outdoors or the trails I was on when I came up with the ideas for these stories.

"I. Joseph Kellerman" is the tale of a very troubled psychiatrist who hasn't left his row house home and office in more than four years and whose long-time secretary and enabler spies on him through a hole in the wall, hidden by a bizarre painting behind her front office desk. "Kellerman" is available in paperback, both on Amazon and on my "hiking writer" website, and on Kindle.

"A Picket Fence in Pawpaw" is the (very different) story of small-town secrets discovered by a 12-year-old girl called Mouse. This book is suitable for young adults, but I didn't specifically have YA in mind when I wrote the novel, now available on Kindle.

I'm not only a writer (novels, short stories, articles on all sorts of topics), a ghostwriter, and a freelance journalist but also an avid reader. So please feel free to "friend" me here on Goodreads. I'll be interested to see what you're reading.

Eyehavenofilter  (Eyehavenofilter) | 24 comments Sidney;
I've gone on to do some research on "Alex", thanks for the links btw, it looks VERY interesting to me! Hopefully as soon as I drag myself screaming and kicking into the 21st century technologically, I can add it to my " read" list. ( I'm shackeled by a 3 year old iPhone right now,and no other Internet access, please don't laugh too much, if I only had a hammer, some hot glue, and some gaffers tape....?)
The 2 reviews were pretty stellar as well, so you have a great head start!
Congrats!!!

message 93: by Sandra (last edited Mar 16, 2012 08:38PM) (new)

Sandra  Rains DeBusk (SandraRains) | 14 comments And by the way, here is the book of mine that had the terribly mean reviews. It doesn't bother really because I know that the people giving the reviews can only read, not write and publish and that's why they are so rude about it. But I welcome any review from anyone on any of my 35 published books...lol
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Ice-ebook...

Beatrice (beatricegerard) | 4 comments Hi everybody!
I just published on Kindle format my novel Hunting for Sparrows.

It's available as a Kindle edition on Amazon and soon it will be published as a paperback.

HUNTING FOR SPARROWS is a fast-paced thriller where the character’s self-discovery is as important as discovering who did it, or the nature of the crime. The novel poses controversial questions about gender roles and discrimination, women's sexuality, the role of women in corporate America, and intra-family power relationships.

Jenelle Pierre (jenelle_pierre) | 5 comments Hello, I am the author of a literary short story called
A Mural of Hands. It's a romantic short that explores many themes including parental influence and wealth.

Lee Holz | 370 comments Beatrice wrote: "Hi everybody!
I just published on Kindle format my novel Hunting for Sparrows.

It's available as a Kindle edition on Amazon and soon it will be published as a paperback.

HUNTING ..."

I think it would help you find more readers to include a book description in GR book listing.

Beatrice (beatricegerard) | 4 comments Lee wrote: I think it would help you find more readers to include a book description in GR book listing.
Thanks for the advice Lee. What exactly is the GR book listing? I am not familiar with many of the features of the site yet.

message 98: by [deleted user] (new)

Just what is the criteria for a book to be classified as a literary fiction?

Christopher Hawke | 12 comments Hey Peggy,

I got this from Wikipedia. I think it does a good job of explaining it: In broad terms, literary fiction focuses more upon style, psychological depth, and character.

Chris

message 100: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, but isn't style, psycholigical depth, and character purely subjective?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Trees in Winter (other topics)
In His Love (other topics)
Eden Fell (other topics)
The Book (other topics)
Megan's Way (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lily Author (other topics)
Emily Lear (other topics)
Michael Vorhis (other topics)