Ken Follett Fans discussion

Standalone Books > The Modigliani Scandal

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (last edited Sep 29, 2010 09:48PM) (new)

Heather Tisdale (Horrorvacui000) | 142 comments Mod
The Modigliani Scandal by Ken Follett
"Three people learn of an undiscovered Modigliani: an ambitious young art historian in Paris, a distinguished London dealer and a gallery owner with a financial crisis and a discontented wife. No holds are barred in the fight for possession. Meanwhile an angry young painter plotting revenge executes a brilliant forgery. And an idealistic actress becomes involved in a Robin Hood-style enterprise. The lives of masterpiece hunters, forgers and thieves inexorably collide."
-From Follett's website.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Tisdale (Horrorvacui000) | 142 comments Mod
Follett admits that this one wasn't one of his best.
I really enjoyed the beginning of it and it had a lot of potential, but it flopped at the end. He had a good build up, but then summarized the ending rather than allowing events to play out. I almost hope he'll one day revise the story since I think he could do better. Plus, I think it'd make a good movie.

message 3: by Prasan (new)

Prasan | 10 comments Finished with the Modigliani Scandal.It kept me thinking is this really the work of Ken ?.It was dull and boring but never the less i finished it just because its Ken's book.I was wondering if this is a forged work with his name lol.......

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Modigliani Scandal (other topics)