Q&A with Cassandra Clare discussion

Dream Cast for TMI

Comments (showing 101-150 of 425) (425 new)    post a comment »

message 101: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (BlackRoseEv) | 16 comments Nattie *PROUD* wrote: "hmmm, let me look her up. *looks up* how old is she? She kinda looks like a possible Clary, but she seems to have a bit more mature-ness about her look that seems a tad bit TOO mature for Clary, yo..."

I'm not sure how old she is. I know in the Guild, she's very amusing.

message 102: by Taisa (new)

Taisa | 7 comments Stray wrote: "*nods* yep. but i still see him more like Luke or Hodge"

i could absolutly positively without a doubt see Hugh Laurie a Hodge, but i dont think that he would be right for the rold of valentine...

message 103: by Natalie (new)

Natalie Well, im fine as long as dakota fanning, megan fox *gags*, and emma roberts ARENT in this movie. Im not even joking, just thinking of megan fox makes me gag, ugh...shes not even a good actor! ugh, thank God shes finally OUT of transformers for the next movie!!!!!!!!!yaaaaaay! But back to the topic on hand (lol :D) I think that hugh laurie would be a good hodge.

message 104: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (BlackRoseEv) | 16 comments Megan Fox is just popular because she's 'hot' She's really a terrible actress. I don't care for Dakota Fanning either and Emma Roberts shouldn't be in TMI, doesn't fit her.

message 105: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Yeah, agreed.
But don't you think Emma watson would make an okay Tessa, if ever ID was to be made a movie?

message 106: by Taisa (new)

Taisa | 7 comments AGREED!:)

message 107: by Taisa (new)

Taisa | 7 comments Candace wrote: "I *love* Zachary Quinto. But I could swear I read that Valentine has blonde hair. Did I read that wrong?"

yeah, i know hes blond no worries, but i was going on the assumption that if he played the character well and otherwise looked somewhat like what valentine looked like then hair color doesnt mean as much:) now dont get me wrong this assumption is only with this character, if they EVER! EVER! EVER! cast a brown haired jace and didnt die his hair then i would be extreamly upset:(

message 108: by Athena (new)

Athena (Athena01) Felicia Day is 31.

message 109: by Abby (new)

Abby (ravensfly) | 47 comments Alex Pettyfer would be awsome for Jace, Nicholas Hoult OR Gasspard Ulliel for Alec, Odette Yustman OR Kate Voegle as Isabelle, Eric Bana OR Gerard Butler as Luke Garroway, Alexz Johnson as Clary, Kristopher Turner as Simon, Bill Nigh OR Ian Mckellan as Hodge, Liz Reaser OR Famke Janssen as Jocelyn, Chris Angel as Magnus, Daniel Craig as Valentine... And that is what I think is the PERFECT CAST!!!!!!!!!!!

message 110: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (BlackRoseEv) | 16 comments If Criss Angel acted...Good god...Yeah defently Magnus

message 111: by Bookworm14 (new)

Bookworm14 | 12 comments Magnus is mixed tho so Chris Angel isn't a good choice, maybe the guy from Tokio Hotel?

message 112: by Abby (new)

Abby (ravensfly) | 47 comments No I think Chris Angel would be good because he already dresses up all ... sparkly. I guess. Plus the guys from Tokio Hotel are ... Creepy on a maximum level.

message 113: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (BlackRoseEv) | 16 comments Agree'd with Abby, they're to...pretty.

message 114: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Oh yeah, WAY pretty. First time I saw the leadsinger, I thought he was a girl. I was like, "Oh, those guys are, uhm, not my type at all. But at least the girl gets to hang iut with boys alone. That's cool". My friend was cracking up, and I had no idea why. Bu, hey, he really does look like a girl.

And I think Chris Angel would be good actually. He looks sorta mixed, so with the right make-up he'd be perfect! And OMG yes! Nicholas Hoult would be a PERFECT Alec! Agreed with Alex P for Jace.. But I dunno about the rest..

message 115: by [deleted user] (new)

You have probably heard this one before, but I kind of like Adam Lambert for Magnus. I know he's white, but doesn't look it with all the makeup he wears.
And, I guess I'm weak minded, because I'm starting to come around to Alex Pettyfer for Jace . . . even if he is missing the Jaceness (since, really, we aren't going to find an actor who has it anyway :P).

message 116: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Ywah. But what about TID? Who should play what?
Tessa, Will, Jem, Mortimer, Jess, Camille and so on and so forth ?

message 117: by [deleted user] (new)

Tessa-Emmy Rossum
Will-Matt Dallas
Jess-Elisabeth Harnois

Those are all I have at the moment. I'm still trying to find a good Jem.

message 118: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Oh right. Emmy Rossum would be a good Tessa. I was thinking Emma Watson though. I think she'd be awesome as Tessa!
And Mortimer should be Mads Mikkelsen, dont you think?

message 119: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) And maybe Ben Barnes as Will?

message 120: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I just googled Mikkelsen. He has an evil look about him, so I think he'd work.
Emma Watson is pretty, but I was going for a slightly more mature actress. Besides, when I see Emma Watson, all I can think of is Hermione.

message 121: by [deleted user] (new)

Ben Barnes would make a good Will. He has that look about him like he'd be mean to you, but you'd beg him to keep being mean. :P
And he's really hot.

message 122: by Rizza (new)

Rizza (BlackRoseEv) | 16 comments Hmm I never would have thought of Lambert for Magnus, but I can see him too, he has the same style as Magnus. Maybe Adam for TMI and Criss angel for ID. Really it's a coin toss for them.

What about Patrick Levis for Simon, Put glasses on him and he's what I picture Simon looking like.

message 123: by [deleted user] (new)

Patrick Levis would be good. Honestly, and this might just be me, but I had a flash of Adam Brody from In The Land of Women for Simon, with those glasses and that dark hair. I know he's too old, but he seems to have that Simon feel.

message 124: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Oh god. Adam Brody. He would be the perfect Simon, had he been younger.

message 125: by [deleted user] (new)

I know, right? :)
But, then again, I have this thing for guys in glasses.

message 126: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Yeah! Did you see the O.C.? OMG, he was sooooo cute in that movie! I want ot marry Seth Cohen !

message 127: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I have all the seasons on DVD. I loved Seth. He was so adorable.

message 128: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Yeah me too ;) And Summer was awesome. HATED Marissa though. She was such a whiner.

message 129: by [deleted user] (new)

I completely agree. She was one of the most annoying characters on the show, and her mother. I couldn't stand either of them.

message 130: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) I thought her mother was cool though. Sure, she was a complete bitch, but at least she was strong. Marissa just expected life to be as she wanted it, and everyone to do as she wanted them to do. She was such a dramaqueen.

message 131: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I get that. I just never really cared for her mother. *shrugs*
I loved the role she played on CSI, though. She was great.

message 132: by Bri (new)

Bri | 5 comments CHACE CRAWFORD is perfect for Jace!

message 133: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha, I said the same thing :). It's a shame he's too old, though.

message 134: by Abby (new)

Abby (ravensfly) | 47 comments Chace Crawford's hair is to dark also. But I agree with Candace he's to old... plus I mean he has that ... edgy look about him that Cassandra Clare described him of having but ... I don't know he just doesn't fit the part in my opinion.

message 135: by [deleted user] (new)

Chace Crawford has a lot of looks, which is why I picked him initially. He's had very light hair (when he was younger), and very dark hair (which he sports recently). He's twenty-five, so he's far too old to play Jace, but he definitely has a little Jaceness. :)

message 136: by Abby (new)

Abby (ravensfly) | 47 comments Yeah I completely agree about the Jaceness part. But to give you my honest opinion I think Alex Pettyfer is a REALLY good choice. he's blond, he has longish hair, he looks like a rebelios type of guy, and well he's not to old to play. I think he would be a really good actor to play jace.

message 137: by [deleted user] (new)

I've been coming around to Alex Pettyfer. He's very hot, and definitely has that edgy look. I think I was just on Alex Pettyfer overload. It seems like anytime I see a discussion for a "Dream Cast" for any series, Alex Pettyfer is on it. It's not that I dislike him as an actor-I've never seen him act in anything-I just got tired of seeing him everywhere, I guess. I mean, he can't possibly be the ideal actor for the main character in every series, right? :P

message 138: by Stray (new)

Stray (andrez-ssi) Candace wrote: "Tessa-Emmy Rossum
Will-Matt Dallas
Jess-Elisabeth Harnois

Those are all I have at the moment. I'm still trying to find a good Jem."

isnt emmy rossum a little old? she looks younger but...

message 139: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Carmen wrote: "Wow. I definitely haven't been in here for a while. I've read what you guys have to say, and have written like 6 post-it's with my answers :-D here they come:
What are you guys talking about with B..."

You have an awfull lot of dissing going on there? Do you have any better ideas?
As for Emma Watson, she probably wouldn't fit Tessa, but she is, in fact, an awesome actress. I don't care for Robert P., Daniel R, or Rupert Grint. But Emma Watson is actually a very good actor, and she has developed over the years.

message 140: by [deleted user] (new)

I know Emmy Rossum is a little older (she's 24), but I guess I figured Tessa would be a little more mature than a 16-year old from contemporary time. I've seen pictures of teenagers from different time periods in history books and they always look older than teenagers do now, but that could just be me. *shrugs* Also, Emma Watson wouldn't be bad. As I said before, I think she's pretty, and she's a good actress, I just have her ingrained as Hermione in my mind. I have no qualms about her ability to play Tessa.

message 141: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Anyone think of Zachary Burr Abel as Jace? If his hair was lighter.... I don't know, I just can't imagine Alex Pettyfer as Jace, because (IMHO) I think of him as Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games! Lol

message 142: by [deleted user] (new)

That's so crazy! When I saw the cover of City of Bones, I knew it reminded me of an actor I'd seen before (the hair specifically). Zachary Burr Abel is who I was thinking of :). Granted, he's cute, but I don't think he's hot enough to pull of Jace, but he definitely reminds me of the cover of City of Bones.

message 143: by Carmen (new)

Carmen (carmenbie) @Emma: wow. Would you relax? I'm just expressing my opinion like everyone else. It's not like I'm telling you that you suck, or anything, I just don't think you're right. And about Emma Watson? Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, cause I think she's dreadful.

message 144: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Yeah, no way he'll be able to pull of Jace! I say Alex P! Not that anyone can actually pull of Jace, but someone'll have to do the role. And Peeta Mellark from Hunger Games shouldn't be played by Alex P. Peter's too sweet and Alex P. dosen't have that sweet, carin air about him. - Just my oppinion though :)

message 145: by Abby (new)

Abby (ravensfly) | 47 comments I think we should just wait and see if it's actually going to be a movie first. I mean they are just rumors and it kind-of doesn't matter who we think should play the part it's what they choose. not us. plus we all have different opinions and quite frankly some comments are kind-of mean to the people that some of you guys are dissing. I think that we should just be glad that they are even considering making city of bones a movie.

message 146: by Abby (new)

Abby (ravensfly) | 47 comments another person that I think might be good for Clary is Stacey Farber and i think other people might like her to but i still like Alexz Johnson for Clary better.

message 147: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) I disagree. It's fun to discuss things like this!

message 148: by [deleted user] (new)

It's fun as long as people don't take things personally. I've really enjoyed the discussion boards on goodreads. I've never participated in one before, and it's really interesting to see different people's opinions on things. I live in a small town in southern Georgia, so the opinions here are quite limited in variety. It’s nice getting to see how someone from another state, country, or even continent, views the same things I’ve read. It’s refreshing.

message 149: by Stray (new)

Stray (andrez-ssi) i agree. in fact, youve just expressed my thoughts in the matter.

funny how opinions change depending on the person's culture and tastes

message 150: by Emma (new)

Emma (Zeeberg) Yeah. It is. Especially when people with other cultures come with their oppinions. Lol, I love the american theories about books. They always either extremly cheesy, corney and sweet or horrible, with death all over. It rocks :)

unread topics | mark unread