Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Random Chatter > where'd the moderators go?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lily (Lilithesque) I know I read a post from one of the moderators that she had moved on in her life and wouldn't be here much, but where'd Shanon go?

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) I don't know. Probably busy. If Stephanie or Shannon need any help, I'll help out. I have time and I'm already a moderator of another group so familiar with how to do things.

Shanon (Boban) | 1166 comments Mod
I'm here... kinda...well not lately but I will be again! (thanks for the email Kate - I probably wouldn't have seen this thread without it)

I'm actually shocked how hectic things have gotten this summer! My life would probably make a sad, sad country song lately. From the death of my dog to major financial crisis to my home being flooded by my 4-year-old son that led to a major home remodel (after the financial crisis thank heavens!) Oh yes, add to that a new dog that I rescued and needed (needs) a lot of work/love.... and the list goes on, sadly.

I'm thinking just a few more weeks of craziness *knock on wood* and I'll be back as much as I was before.

Hopefully we can get this group kick-started again because I had a lot of fun with the group reads.

In the meantime... what would you like to see from this group? Do we want to start up group reads again (they were lacking in participation for a long time)? Or do we just want more new discussions (ie: Weekly Tete-a-Tete's)

Briansgirl - I just might take you up on that offer! Let's see how everyone responds to what they want.

message 4: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (last edited Sep 22, 2010 11:35PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) I loved the Weekly Tete-a-Tete's!

As for a group read, I was going to suggest what I was already gonna read and see if anyone wanted to join me (Buddy read?). I won a copy of Maria Snyder's Spy Glass this week which is being released now. I've got to read Storm Glass and Sea Glass first. For future suggestions I was thinking of suggesting Mary Janice Davidson's Vampire series that starts with Undead and Unwed. I havn't read it yet but hear it's hilarious. (Need "U" titles for challenges in other groups! lol). Also several here seemed to enjoy Battle Royale. Something similiar is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's the first of a trilogy followed by Catching Fire and Mockingjay (which was just released). I've heard alot about them but havn't read them yet. It's another survival game only one kid survives book and probably would lead to alot of good discussions. Even my 13 year old son has heard alot about the first of this series at school and was debating if he should read it. (Need to get that series from the library, so hopefully don't have to wait long).

The offer is still good if you need help Shannon. I'm sorry to hear so much has happened for you this summer. I'm glad things are looking up. I know Stephanie's been busy too. Didn't she move?

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 77 comments Sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it, Shanon. Fingers crossed that things get better for you soon.

Loved the Weekly Tete-a-Tete's too.

Briansgirl, I'll read along with you on the Glass series. I'm in the same position as you. I also won Spy Glass and haven't read the first two though I own them.

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Great Amy. I'll create a thread somewhere (when I figure out where is the most appropriate place to put it, lol) for us to discuss the series.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 77 comments Cool, just post a link to the thread here so I know where it is :)

message 8: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (last edited Sep 23, 2010 07:14AM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) Here it is. Since we don't have any current group reads and we used to do a member's choice (asking for volunteers), I went ahead and put it under Oct Member's Choice. Shanon can change or move it somewhere else if need be.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...

Lily (Lilithesque) Sorry to hear life snuck up like that, but glad to hear you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and that you are on a break, and not all done. I love reading your reviews and you choose some of the most diverse books around. I enjoy following your reading jouney through this sight and your reviews. I am also glad you are taking a break to take care of you and yours.

Lily
Shanon wrote: "I'm here... kinda...well not lately but I will be again! (thanks for the email Kate - I probably wouldn't have seen this thread without it)

I'm actually shocked how hectic things have gotten th..."

Laura Oh Shanon, so sorry for your losses, catastrophes, and other assorted mayhem. A little over a year ago, our family had to say goodbye to our border collie after 13 years, so my sympathies. Thinking of you and hope things continue to improve.

I'm new to this group, so whatever you all decide is fine by me!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Spy Glass (other topics)
Catching Fire (other topics)
Undead and Unwed (other topics)
Battle Royale (other topics)
The Hunger Games (other topics)
More...