Amazon Kindle discussion

Charging Issues

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather (Heatherschultz) Has anyone had any issues with their Kindle not charging?

I've been giving my K2 a rest lately to clean out my shelves of some DTBs that I haven't read yet. I picked it up today and plugged it in and the charging light on the K2 didn't come on (K2 was on). I moved the USB from the electrical outlet to the computer thinking maybe the outlet was the problem but it was still a no go.

I called Amazon and they are sending me a new power cord (free of charge and will be reimbursed for shipping!) but I will be worried until it gets here. Can anyone put me at ease with a similar fixable situation that didn't involve buying a new Kindle?

message 2: by IUHoosier (new)

IUHoosier | 93 comments I've not had a problem like that, but wanted to ask if the K2 is working ok otherwise? When you have it plugged in, does the charging lightening bolt show over the battery on the K2 screen? If it's showing that it is charging on the screen, then it might just be a bad light.

message 3: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 539 comments I understand that sometimes when the Kindle is fully discharged, it takes some additional time before it recognizes that you're charging it ... basically that it needs enough power to power the indicators. How long have you left your K2 plugged in before declaring it unsuccessful?

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather (Heatherschultz) IUHoosier, I have an exclamation point over the battery so it's not charging at all.

Stormhawk, I charged it overnight.

message 5: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 539 comments Have you tried a "hard reset" (the one involving a paper clip) just in case it's a software error?

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (Heatherschultz) I haven't yet. I'd really like not to have to do that because it took me FOREVER to put my books into collections. The new power cord is arriving today and if that doesn't solve the issue, I will probably try a hard reset next.

message 7: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 539 comments Paper clip reset shouldn't change the collections or content.

message 8: by Stormy (new)

Stormy (silverana) | 22 comments I had a simaler problem and the problem was the power cord not the kindle

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (Heatherschultz) It was the power cord! K2 is charging now:)

message 10: by IUHoosier (new)

IUHoosier | 93 comments Excellent!! Congrats!

message 11: by Jamaie (new)

Jamaie | 18 comments I need help on my Kindle2. When I move my books into collections, a copy of the book still remains on my regular book list on my Kindle. In other words, there is one copy in my collections and then one still on my regular list. I went to delete one off my regular list thinking since it was in my collection I'd be fine. I wasn't! When I did that, it deleted the entire book off my Kindle, including my collection. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Pls. Help. Thank you in advance. I do love my Kindle2.

message 12: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 539 comments Are you keeping your home sorted by collection? I noticed that when I don't do that, EVERYTHING shows up on my list.

message 13: by Jamaie (new)

Jamaie | 18 comments Hmmm? Not 100% sure I know exactly what you mean, but I'll check it out. Thanks.

message 14: by IUHoosier (new)

IUHoosier | 93 comments You need to sort by collection. Go to the top of the home screen to change it.

unread topics | mark unread