We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Archives - Challenges > October's Build Your Own Challenge - No Restrictions!

Comments (showing 51-100 of 624) (624 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments I'm loving everyone's choices. You're giving me some new ideas for reads. If you were all here I'd be hugging you! But my wallet doesn't like you much! LOL

message 52: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments We got the Firth version of Dorian Gray from Netflix today and my daughter and I are going to watch it Friday night while hubby and son are on a campout!

PIZZA and MOVIE NIGHT!

message 53: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Dhes I'm hopping on a plane and joining you and your daughter for pizza and Dorian Gray! I put it on my queue but haven't received it yet!

message 54: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 182 comments I'm up to participate, but I don't know what my challenge will be yet...

message 55: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Yay, Cheryl! It's going to be sooooo fun!!!

message 56: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Ok, Catherine. I'll add you but no worries about posting until you've read the book. This one is more flexible.

message 57: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Oh, and if you're participating in the PNR edition, those books can apply here as well.

message 58: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) (Gatadelafuente) | 3735 comments How serendipitious that you got the Dorian Gray video this week, Dhestiny, and we're here talking about it. I'm kind of jealous right now. :)

message 59: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 182 comments Alright, thanks!

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) | 630 comments I loved The Picture of Dorian Gray i read it years ago and it has always stuck in my mind. The film is also really good as well, much better then i expected as I like the book so much.

I normally read about 20 a month so I should be okay, and I always feel like I have acheieved something if I can slot them into a challange!

message 61: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 182 comments I own that book still and occasionally reread.

message 62: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments I heard someone in another group talking about it, Danielle, so after watching the trailer, we ordered it a few days ago. I'm very excited to watch it.

message 63: by D.G. (new)

D.G. W♥LK - Oct. BYOC - 0/6 Completed
- Read 4 Books from Male Authors
- Read 4 Books from my C-1p Shelf

BOTH:
God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens
Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh (yes, this is a guy!)

MALE AUTHORS:
The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue
God Save the Fan by Will Leitch

C-1P Shelf: (2 of these)
The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani
Cold Night, Warm Stranger by Jill Gregory
Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
Happy Hour at Casa Dracula by Marta Acosta

message 64: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments D.G. what does C-1p stand for?

message 65: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (new)

Bekah (Bekah317) | 2750 comments I'll post my list later, but I think I may make them all ebooks so that I feel like I'm getting my money's worth from my ereader and all the ebooks I keep buying but am not reading!!! I might join you Danielle and read Oscar Wilde's Dorian Gray too!

message 66: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Yay! Thanks for signing up, Bekah!

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 6 comments I've completed 3/6 of the Vampire Academy series now on to
Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead

message 68: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments You need to wait until October 1st to begin this challenge, Meme. I'm sorry!

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 6 comments What? I was so not paying attention sorry

message 70: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments No worries! This one starts October 1st. I put them up early to allow people the time they need to choose their books.

message 71: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "We got the Firth version of Dorian Gray from Netflix today and my daughter and I are going to watch it Friday night while hubby and son are on a campout!

PIZZA and MOVIE NIGHT!"

I haven't seen the Colin Firth version so just added it to Netflix. Have fun.

message 72: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Thanks! I can't wait :)

message 73: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 64 comments I would like to join this challenge. I have at least five new PNR books that have arrived that I need to read:

1. Sin Undone
2. Demon from the Dark
3. Eternal Kiss of Darkness
4. No Mercy
5. Bonds of Justice

I may add more once I sort through my TBR pile.

message 74: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Hi Beverly! Glad to have you with us!

message 75: by Becky (last edited Sep 20, 2010 12:38PM) (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 320 comments I'm joining in. I am making a rough list and will update by October 1.

Finish a book I started months ago:
Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss

Books I own on my TBR pile:
Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
Ransom by Julie Garwood

New releases to currently reading series
Sinful in Satin by Madeline Hunter
A Hellion in Her Bed by Sabrin a Jeffries
Daring a Duke by Claudia Dain

Begin a new series:
Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt

Try a new author:
A Kiss at Midnight by Eloisa James

0/8

message 76: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Glad to have you, Becky! And remember this THIS challenge has no restrictions so you can change your list right up until the final day.

message 77: by D.G. (last edited Sep 20, 2010 03:12PM) (new)

D.G. UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "D.G. what does C-1p stand for?"

Oh sorry, Dhestiny...I didn't check this thread since I signed up. :)

C-1p is my shelf for books that have been on my TBR for way more than a year. I challenged myself to read at least 30 from that list but I'm a bit behind. If I'm to finish by the end of the year, I need to read more of these!

message 78: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Oooohhhhh, ok. I figured it was a shelf designation, but wasn't sure what it meant! Thank you for clearing that up :)

message 79: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 828 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Oh, and the Prize is one of my all time favorite reads."

I'm really looking forward to reading Julie Garwood. So many people have raved about her. I picked up several of her books but wanted to start with The Prize.

message 80: by Anja (new)

Anja | 36 comments The Prize is a great one to start with. I wish I could rediscover Garwood for the first time.

message 81: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments I'm with you, Anja! Rereads are great, but there's something magical about discovering an author and her books for the first time.

message 82: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Katherine, I love her historicals!!!

message 83: by Melissa (last edited Sep 23, 2010 01:42AM) (new)

Melissa | 39 comments Count me in! I'll probably spell October for my challenge, since I'm enjoying the Spell September Challenge.

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments Melissa wrote: "Count me in! I'll probably spell October for my challenge, since I'm enjoying the Spell September Challenge."

I thought about it, but didn't want to find 3 "E" books. I do like the way a "spell..." challenge makes one organize one's thoughts.

message 85: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Fortunately, I had the Prince's Trilogy to read, which is by Elizabeth Hoyt, so that one worked for me!

message 86: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments I'll add you to the list, Melissa!

message 87: by Bekah, Fellow Kleypasaholic (last edited Sep 27, 2010 07:28PM) (new)

Bekah (Bekah317) | 2750 comments I'm getting excited about this...seeing others' lists.

I think I'm going to do something like Becky is doing, I like the categories.

Here are mine:

Reread an oldie but goodie:

The Prize by Julie Garwood

at least 3 of my tbr ebooks:

1. Behind Blue Eyes by Pat Cromwell

2. Trolling Nights by Savannah J. Frierson

3. Stranger in my Bed by Julia Keaton

New Author

My Fair Mistress A Novel (Mistress Trilogy, #1) by Tracy Anne Warren

New PNR

The Panther's Lair by Esmerelda Bishop

message 88: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Nice, Bekah!

message 89: by D.G. (new)

D.G. I'm glad we can make changes in this challenge...because I'm getting nervous about mine! Anyways, I'll see how I'm doing come mid-month...and then I'll see from there!

message 90: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments I'm right there with you, D.G. I tried to make 1 with no restrictions and 1 with restrictions because I've gotten some messages from people saying that the challenges aren't challenging enough. I want everyone to enjoy them and at the same time, feel like they're getting something they can complete.

message 91: by KK (new)

KK (KK84) | 314 comments I'm joining you and I'm gonna do a Spell Challenge :)

message 92: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Awesome, KK!!

message 93: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Welcome to the challenge, KK!

message 94: by D.G. (new)

D.G. UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I'm right there with you, D.G. I tried to make 1 with no restrictions and 1 with restrictions because I've gotten some messages from people saying that the challenges aren't challenging enough. I w..."

That's the thing with challenges...because people read at such different paces, it may be really challenging for some people and not for others. I think the Building Your Own Challenge is great because people know what they can do and tailor it to their own pace.

I'm thinking of changing my challenge a bit already ...I'm already stressing out about several books and I wanted to enjoy myself this month. :)

message 95: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments That's my thinking... everyone's lives are different so this makes it easy for everyone to participate.

I'll be posting something later today regarding upcoming challenges. I want people to have time to plan out their books and challenges.

message 96: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments October Build Your Own Challenge. I'm making this a genre challenge and I’ll read 5 or more of the following books:

Demons - Pleasure Unbound
Zombies - Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Vampires - Dark Slayer
Witches- A Witch's Beauty
Ghosts - Unholy Ghosts
Dragons – Dragon Actually
Shifters - Pride Mates
Monsters - Frankenstein

Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith Dark Slayer (Carpathians, #20) by Christine Feehan A Witch's Beauty (Daughters of Arianne, #2) by Joey W. Hill Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

message 97: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Ladies, Just for this month, if you want to do a Spell October challenge, please include it in this thread. In future months it will have it's own thread.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

message 98: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Ladies, please check out the Coming Soon to a Challenge Near You! thread :)

Mollie *scoutrmom* (scoutrmom) | 170 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "Ladies, please check out the Coming Soon to a Challenge Near You! thread :)"

Fabulous!

message 100: by UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish, Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish | 8000 comments Thank you :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Witch's Beauty (other topics)
Unholy Ghosts (other topics)
Dark Slayer (other topics)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (other topics)
Frankenstein (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sherrilyn Kenyon (other topics)
Stacia Kane (other topics)
Stephen King (other topics)
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (other topics)
Bram Stoker (other topics)
More...