The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > October Group Reads ARE......

Comments (showing 51-64 of 64) (64 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Erich Sysak | 3 comments For Category 1:

Mickelsson's Ghosts (1982) by John Gardner

message 52: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8368 comments Mod
Erich, the nominations ended last nite. We are voting now. See the poll section to vote on book.

Erich Sysak | 3 comments Oops, thank you...

message 54: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8368 comments Mod
April, it takes a strong person to apologize like that, and I do appreciate it. I am happy to hear that a book had such a positive and permanent impact on you.

I hope you understand why it is unfair to gather support in the way that you did to push votes for a group read. And that sadly, I am sticking with my decision to no longer count the book as a nominee for the polls.

I am flattered that you like the group, and invite you and your friends and colleagues to look around and get to know us. I look forward to seeing the ways in the which you will participate here.

Although I had not created a rule specific to pushing votes within a poll, I sincerely hope that this situation will not be repeated in the future.

message 55: by El (new)

El April, thanks for your honesty. I hope you're feeling better. I think everyone can let this go now. I know it's not my place to say, but I feel the issue has been resolved and no further apologies or complaints are necessary.

message 56: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8368 comments Mod
Annnnnddddd.......

After all the drama ......

The winners are......

Sarah's Key and Let The Right One In

message 57: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8368 comments Mod
THanks to everyone who voted, and I look forward to seeing the discussions when I open them on October 1st!

Carol I am 198 in line for Sarah's key at the library, do you think it will come in October next year?

Erika | 325 comments Lol, Kitty.

I think my sister will be happy to get her copy of Sarah's Key back in November (even though I didn't vote for that one...haha!).

message 60: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8368 comments Mod
Ok, I am sure you have noticed that I have deleted quite a few posts from this thread.

They were removed since the author was not responsible.

And we leave it at that.

message 61: by Efe (last edited Sep 26, 2010 04:27PM) (new)

Efe | 181 comments Yaaaay! My nomination won for the first time ever! I feel like a true TNBBC member:)

message 62: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori | 8368 comments Mod
Ha, glad you are so excited Monef!

Emilly R (rosario0829e) | 184 comments hello , i am so sorry,i haven't been on for a while just busy with life.I have bought few more books ,my favour that i finished reading 3 days a go it is 'THE HOURS by MICHAEL CUNNINGHAM .I recommend this book because is so good i missed after i was done reading it

Gitte (GitteTofte) | 210 comments Emilly wrote: "hello , i am so sorry,i haven't been on for a while just busy with life.I have bought few more books ,my favour that i finished reading 3 days a go it is 'THE HOURS by MICHAEL CUNNINGHAM .I recomme..."

I love The Hours! Have read it about 3 times and it only gets better and better...

« previous 1 2 next »