The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > October Group Reads ARE......

Comments (showing 51-64 of 64) (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Erich (new)

Erich Sysak | 3 comments For Category 1:

Mickelsson's Ghosts (1982) by John Gardner

message 52: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9092 comments Mod
Erich, the nominations ended last nite. We are voting now. See the poll section to vote on book.

message 53: by Erich (new)

Erich Sysak | 3 comments Oops, thank you...

message 54: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

April, it takes a strong person to apologize like that, and I do appreciate it. I am happy to hear that a book had such a positive and permanent impact on you.

I hope you understand why it is unfair to gather support in the way that you did to push votes for a group read. And that sadly, I am sticking with my decision to no longer count the book as a nominee for the polls.

I am flattered that you like the group, and invite you and your friends and colleagues to look around and get to know us. I look forward to seeing the ways in the which you will participate here.

Although I had not created a rule specific to pushing votes within a poll, I sincerely hope that this situation will not be repeated in the future.

message 55: by El (new)

El April, thanks for your honesty. I hope you're feeling better. I think everyone can let this go now. I know it's not my place to say, but I feel the issue has been resolved and no further apologies or complaints are necessary.

message 56: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Annnnnddddd.......

After all the drama ......

The winners are......

Sarah's Key and Let The Right One In

message 57: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

THanks to everyone who voted, and I look forward to seeing the discussions when I open them on October 1st!

message 58: by Carol (new)

Carol I am 198 in line for Sarah's key at the library, do you think it will come in October next year?

message 59: by Erika (new)

Erika | 325 comments Lol, Kitty.

I think my sister will be happy to get her copy of Sarah's Key back in November (even though I didn't vote for that one...haha!).

message 60: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ok, I am sure you have noticed that I have deleted quite a few posts from this thread.

They were removed since the author was not responsible.

And we leave it at that.

message 61: by Efe (last edited Sep 26, 2010 04:27PM) (new)

Efe | 181 comments Yaaaay! My nomination won for the first time ever! I feel like a true TNBBC member:)

message 62: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ha, glad you are so excited Monef!

message 63: by Emilly R (new)

Emilly R (rosario0829e) | 193 comments hello , i am so sorry,i haven't been on for a while just busy with life.I have bought few more books ,my favour that i finished reading 3 days a go it is 'THE HOURS by MICHAEL CUNNINGHAM .I recommend this book because is so good i missed after i was done reading it

message 64: by Gitte (new)

Gitte (GitteTofte) | 234 comments Emilly wrote: "hello , i am so sorry,i haven't been on for a while just busy with life.I have bought few more books ,my favour that i finished reading 3 days a go it is 'THE HOURS by MICHAEL CUNNINGHAM .I recomme..."

I love The Hours! Have read it about 3 times and it only gets better and better...

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Haunting of Hill House (other topics)
The Hellbound Heart (other topics)
Island Beneath the Sea (other topics)
A Town Like Alice (other topics)
Let the Right One In (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Clive Barker (other topics)
Isabel Allende (other topics)
John Ajvide Lindqvist (other topics)
Dacre Stoker (other topics)
Richard Matheson (other topics)
More...