The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > New member - Stephanie

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph (new)

Steph (somethingplace) | 79 comments Hello there. I'm looking around for a couple really good book clubs and this one seems pretty active. I hope I can keep up! I'm a twenty three year old living in FL with my boyfriend and our cattle dog "John" Locke. I read a wide variety of books. Nothing beats the feel of a real book but I've also got a Nook (thanks to the boyfriend) and I listen to audiobooks when I'm at work in an office five days a week. I used to read a lot when I was younger and this last year I picked up the habit again. I'm actually entertaining the idea of going back to school and becoming a librarian but it's just a far off idea/dream at this point. Any advice would be much appreciated :) My to-read list is endless and I love roaming book stores. Unfortunately I'm on a tight book budget at the moment but once I'm not I see book clubs being dangerous. I'm going to have another excuse to run out and buy books! All three of the choices for this month look interesting.

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (Bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi Steph!
Say 'Goodbye' to your book budget...

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily  O (ReadingWhileFemale) | 142 comments Hello Steph! Welcome to the group. I've always dreamed of switching my major and becoming a librarian. If you ever do it you'll have to let us know how it works out. I totally understand what you mean about being on a tight budget. I try to avoid bookstores, and the library is my best friend. Have you tried swapping sites like paperbackswap or bookmooch? They save my life.
I also love the name of your dog.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy being part of our group. :)

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Welcome Stephanie you have come to the virtual bookstore for lists of books.

message 5: by Steph (new)

Steph (somethingplace) | 79 comments Thanks guys. A question: Do people normally read all three of the books for the month or does it all come down to preference...? I'm not sure if one of them is the main book or how things work.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol Stephanie wrote: "Thanks guys. A question: Do people normally read all three of the books for the month or does it all come down to preference...? I'm not sure if one of them is the main book or how things work."

You read what you want and join in the discussions . You don't have to read them all.

message 7: by Eden (new)

Eden (Tsalagi_Writer) | 210 comments Hi Stephanie. Welcome to the group :)

message 8: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9384 comments Mod
Hi Steph, welcome to the group!

As fas as the group reads go, we usually have two (this month I added a sidebar read, because I had a massive book giveaway for THE ART OF DEVOTION and the author agreed to participate!). Like Carol stated, you can choose to read one, or the other, or both, or none.

I lived in FL for 3 years, in Naples. I loved it and miss it every winter!! What part are you in?

message 9: by Steph (new)

Steph (somethingplace) | 79 comments Good to know. I just picked up Fingersmith at the library. Hope it's a good one :)

I'm in Lehigh Acres just north of Naples; about an hour or less away. I've been in SW FL (originally Miami) all of my life. I would love to move elsewhere. I'm sure I'd miss the weather at some point though. Grass is always greener and all that.

message 10: by Kristi (new)

Kristi (KristiCasey) Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the group. I think you're really enjoy yourself here.

I live just a few states north of you in the Carolinas.

unread topics | mark unread