Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Spectacular Series > Demonica Series

Comments (showing 1-44 of 44) (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments Has anyone read the Demonica series by Larissa Ione? It's one of my favorite PNR series! It's about demon brothers who run a hospital called, "Underworld General". There are a total of 5 books and the author is currently working on a spinoff.

Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Passion Unleashed (Demonica, #3) by Larissa Ione Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) by Larissa Ione Sin Undone by Larissa Ione

Jenese (Readers Confession) (jsnow09) | 41 comments You know I have honey! Love love love the books. She was on Borders True Romance blog yesterday too.

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments Yeah! I saw that! I commented on the post for a chance to win. I've been dying for a Demonica tote. LOL

Jenese (Readers Confession) (jsnow09) | 41 comments Hahaha! I post daily, anything for a chance to win. But of course when I won, I won all contemporary stuff. lol I will get to those one day.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Okay -- why is this series so great? I love romantic suspense (like Cindy Gerard and Suzanne Brockmann), and I like some PNR (like Shelly Laurentsen, Karen Moning, and Ward), but I usually prefer UF to PNR b/c I find some PNR shallow/boring -- like the Breed series by Adrian or LOTU by Showalter. Where would you place this series?

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments I would say that it is similar to BDB (but BDB is still the best!!). The author does have a good sense of humor and most of the times I'm caught LOL'ing. It might take a minute to get into the series at first b/c of the world building & new terminology. But after you get past that, you'll appreciate the hotness & snarkiness of the dialogue.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Oh this sounds great! My issue wtih LOTU and Breed series is the lack of world building. Great! It is on my nightstand right now, waiting until I finish the two books I am reading ... thank you!

Jenese (Readers Confession) (jsnow09) | 41 comments I would say it's more PNR. But there are fight scenes, super hot sex scenes, and bad ass heroines and heroes. It was my first PNR series with demons. I didn't think that I would like them, I mean who can like a demon their supposed to be nasty, right? But this is about demon brothers that started a hospital "Underworld General" to help treat the non-humans of the world. I love this series.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Sounds good, thank you.

message 10: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Shell Schroth (MsShell) | 1520 comments Mod
This is one, I keep seeing, and am often drawn to, but haven't yet picked one up.

Jenese (Readers Confession) (jsnow09) | 41 comments It's a must read...I would try them.

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8 comments I've read up to Book 3, and have Book 4-5 at home. They are great reads, with hot sexy demons.

I would recommend them to other PNR readers.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Okay I have PLOWED through Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione I am loving this book! Eiloden is ... wow. I had given up on PNR, b/c I got bored with the Breed series by Adrian around Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian b/c every book seemed the same and I also didn't like LOTU by Showalter, I read only the first one The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld,  #1) by Gena Showalter (yes I get a kick out of the passionate scenes but I thought both series had weak worlds and were so predictable), but I am not finding that with Pleasure Unbound at all. The world is new and interesting to me. So glad I started this -- and maybe I do like PNR after all. :)

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments Yay, Regina. I'm so glad you're enjoying it. The books just get better & better....and at times even hotter ;)

I couldn't get into LOTU either. However I do like Midnight Breed but still that doesn't compare to Demonica, not even close.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Hotter?!!!! I cannot even imagine. LOL. I liked that it happened up front, the angsty stuff gets annoying.

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments Heehee. What else would you expect from sex demons?? Straight to the point, they can't help themselves ;)

message 17: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Sex Demons? Sounds more and more interesting to me.

Jenese (Readers Confession) (jsnow09) | 41 comments Regina, I'm a little late, but I'm also really glad that you liked Eidolon. He's my fav! :) But I definitely love them all.

Again, I read all the MB series but felt the same way just bored and forced myself to finish reading the series. :( LOTU has so many mixed reviews that I have it on my "maybe one day" read list. lol

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments I loved it! I am reading a hot romance/romantic suspense series right now by Pamela Clare Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare, once I get through the four in this series I am returning to Demonica. :) I loved how the heroine was stronger in many ways than Eoidolon and that she was not an innocent.

The reason I didn't like #1 of LOTU, is that it was the same as so many other series -- demon possession, the man has to reconcile an evil demon possession (Dark Highlander and Rhage's story of BDB -- the sex scenes and fear of doing violence on the heroine is sooo similar to these books). The entire war between the Titans and the greek gods -- very similar to LIghtening Thief! And then the brotherhood aspect, so similar to BDB, Midnight Breed. Except I felt like LOTU didn't do it as well, no good camaraderie and relationship between the "warriors". The world building was soooo weak -- also add to it the predictable storyline that the heroine was alone and a virgin with nobody in the world. I just felt like I had read it in other places (all published before LOTU) and read it written better. :)

Jenese (Readers Confession) (jsnow09) | 41 comments WOW! Yeah, that's some of the stuff I've heard already about that series.

You will love Shade, Wraith, Lore and Con! :) Even the side stories within the story like Kynan and Luc are great!

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments I am in the middle of Warith's boko (#3) and it is hot. Wraith is -- wow! The demon/vamp combo is interesting -- and so is Serena's fascination with vamps.

message 22: by EvaS (last edited Oct 06, 2010 09:34AM) (new)

EvaS (Evikes) | 70 comments Shell wrote: "Sex Demons? Sounds more and more interesting to me."

Oh yes they are!!!!!!! mmmmmm! I don't mind LOTU (even though it is soooo similar to BDB that it's annoying at times), but prefer the Demonica series hands down!!! I LOVE Eidolon!

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments Regina wrote: "I am in the middle of Warith's boko (#3) and it is hot. Wraith is -- wow! The demon/vamp combo is interesting -- and so is Serena's fascination with vamps."

I'm so glad you are liking Wraith! He is my fave! I can't wait for you to read about Lore & Sin!! These books are just so hot!!

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments So started Lore's. Am really enjoying it!

Heather (Let's-Go-Pens-We're-Gonna-Take-This-One) I have the first one but couldn't get into it. I put it aside for another day.
Are these similar to the BDB books?

Alycia I want to read this series.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments I am on the final one -- Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) by Larissa Ione it is very very very good. What a great series!

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments I love this series!!! You should read it, Alycia.

Regina, is Con hawt or what?!

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Oh my goodness. :) I am not a huge fan of the vamp feeding stuff but wowoww. I really like how the women are all very strong characters -- physical and mental matches for the men. Unlike many PNR novels.

Kay (CaliKay) | 1216 comments Yes, the women are badass and I love the whole world Larissa Ione created. Very unique. I'm so sad that it is over but I guess we should be happy for her next series.

Alycia Kay wrote: "I love this series!!! You should read it, Alycia.

Regina, is Con hawt or what?!"

Thanks Kay! I plan on buying book 1 soon :)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 143 comments This is my next series after Lords of the Underworld. I'm on the second to last of the Lords. Can't wait.

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 26 comments She is amazing cant wait to read Sin's book , I am so far behind. I have bought so many but yet read them

Leea just got Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione and i cannot wait to read it!! looks like a great series :)

willaful | 98 comments I just found several in this series at the UBS, but not the first... I think it's the 2nd 3rd and 5th. Is it okay to dive in or would it be better to get the first?

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 143 comments Leea -- I love the Demonica series. I think you'll like it.

Leea I still have not read it...lol! I hear it's great but there are so many books to read. I need to finish a few series before starting this one.

Dee (austhokie) had to chime in - loved this series and the first book in her new one - which ties into this series - I already have the second on pre-order - LI is now on my auto-buy list

Dee (austhokie) Willful - You really need to read from the beginning...while they are PNR, the world continually builds through all 5 books

willaful | 98 comments Thanks, Dee.

Regina (ReginaR) | 3280 comments Leea wrote: "I still have not read it...lol! I hear it's great but there are so many books to read. I need to finish a few series before starting this one."

Leea which ones are you trying to finish? Demonica is a fun sexy series, one of my favorite PNRs. I still prefer BDB and Moning's Highlanders, but this is good too. :) #3 is my favorite.

Leea I'm falling behind in my reading, I have not read any of the Demonica Series yet but I do want to read them. It does seem like the third book in most series is the best. haha!

message 43: by Shell, 'The Book Bag' (new)

Leea wrote: "I'm falling behind in my reading, I have not read any of the Demonica Series yet but I do want to read them. It does seem like the third book in most series is the best. haha!"

Very true.. There seems to be something about the number 3.

Leea Hey Shell! Glad you are back :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pleasure Unbound (other topics)
Sin Undone (other topics)
Ecstasy Unveiled (other topics)
Passion Unleashed (other topics)
Desire Unchained (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Larissa Ione (other topics)