Ilona Andrews Fans discussion

Kate Daniels: Discussion > what is your favorite book?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 63) (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 169 comments Mod
what is your favorite book in the kate daniels series? and why?

message 2: by Mariya (new)

as of rite now it is magic strikes. i love that book. but we'll see how magic bleeds goes to see if i change mind, but magic stikes was great. best book.

kc (4saintjude) (4saintjude) | 2 comments I love Magic Bleeds - and it has everything to do with Curran.

message 4: by Mariya (new)

okaiexz....now that ive finally finished all the books my favorite is magic strikes for sure. with magic bleeds in second.

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 6 comments Magic Bleeds. Great, great book.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori | 4 comments Magic Bleeds..it was the culmination everyone has been waiting for in regards to Kate and Curran. I also loved how Kate handled the Pack.

message 7: by Mariya (new)

i knoe. i also loved magic bleeds. i mean it was the moment we've been waiting for in reguards to kate and curran and the end where she handled the pack was great but god, book 3 i seriously couldnt put that down and it was everything and more. but to me there are so close to a tie for competing wit first place.

message 8: by Shannon (last edited Oct 20, 2010 03:39PM) (new)

Shannon C. | 10 comments Magic Stikes is still my fav. That book stood out to me in seeing much more of Kate's personality and background. For instance, in the games she proved herself to be a true hero. I was amazed at what she did with that sword. I loved the whole games storyline. Also the stuff unveiled/confirmed about her background was WAY cool.

I also loved Magic Bleeds and Magic Burns.

message 9: by Mariya (new)

yea. that book was AMAZING!!!

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (DawnV) | 35 comments Magic Strikes is my fav. Not really sure why, in part it is because Kate is finally able to fit in she does not seem like an outsider. She has people to depend on and people that can depend on her.

Having said that I really like them all.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori | 4 comments I agree Magic Strikes was amazing. Love the games, and what Kate did with the sword, and how Curran came to save her at the end! :) The 3rd and 4th or my favorites, it's a tie!

message 12: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 5 comments It's impossible to pick a favorite. I think they were all equally as good. I really loved the world/character building in Magic Bites and it just went from there. I know many people thought Magic Bites was 'slow' but I really like getting into the world building and character creations. This series is amazing and entertaining overall. Can't wait for the next book to come out!

message 13: by Lela (new)

Lela | 2 comments Magic Bleeds great book also Kate and Curran get together

message 14: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Loved Magic Strikes, it was so cool with the tournament and how each of them had a special role and they worked as a team and all. The tension and build up between Kate and Curran in that one was amazing. It was hilarious.

message 15: by Mariya (new)

I knoe. I loved Magic Strikes. I always go back to Magic Strikes to look at all the Kate and Curran scenes. They are soooo funny =D

message 16: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 2 comments I think I have to go with Magic Strikes but it's a very tight race with Magic Bleeds! :) It's almost too close to call and change depending on which scene I'm thinking of from which book! :)

message 17: by Mariya (new)

Those two books are the best and god they were hard to choose between.

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) | 18 comments My fave book is definitely Magic Strikes, although I really liked Magic Bleeds because of Kate and Curran, I just LOVE the whole arena thing in Magic Strikes.

message 19: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Same!!! I totally agree, the arena, tournament, specific positions and everything was so cool!

message 20: by valee (new)

valee Magic Bleeds was definitely my top fav! I loved it! Much more than the rest. It was amazing to finally see them together as a couple. I couldn't get enough of it. Also in Magic Strikes I felt the fictional side of the series had gone a bit too wild while in book 4 it was more controlled. But both books 3 and 4 were amazing. But for me book 4 was way better.

message 21: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments Shannon wrote: "Magic Stikes is still my fav. That book stood out to me in seeing much more of Kate's personality and background. For instance, in the games she proved herself to be a true hero. I was amazed at wh..."

My thoughts exactly. At first when they were playing the Game's I was shocked that Saiman would be playing, (thinking of Curran in the cage) because in all of the previous books Saiman had never been a part of the climax whereas Curran fought in all the climax battles and the thought of Curran locked in the cage both cracked me up and made me disappointed that he wouldn't be able to be impressed with Kate's kickass abilities, but that all worked out.

message 22: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments I actually really loved the Games and the concept of it all where each participant had a particular strength that they built on. I loved the comrade-ship

message 23: by Anika (new)

Anika (teddybear1) | 17 comments Magic Bleeds was definitely my favorite!! Loved how they got together.

message 24: by Dani (last edited May 25, 2011 07:13PM) (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments Seeker wrote: "I actually really loved the Games and the concept of it all where each participant had a particular strength that they built on. I loved the comrade-ship"

Same here and I love how Doolittle just got dragged into everything along with all the others.

message 25: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Dani wrote: "Seeker wrote: "I actually really loved the Games and the concept of it all where each participant had a particular strength that they built on. I loved the comrade-ship"

Same here and I love how D..."

LOL yeah and Curran totally didn't punish him for it XD

message 26: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments Yeah =) I also like that Curran punished himself for participating. I thought that him punishing himself along with the others proved how great a leader and friend he is.

message 27: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Yeah! I mean I didn't really expect that, but I thought it was really cute that he did =P

message 28: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments I didn't expect it either and it made me love him all the more for it.

HE'S LOSING!!!!!!!!!!! IN THE ALPHA SHOWDOWN!!!!!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT CURRAN'S LOSING!!!!!!!!

message 29: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments NOO!!! HOW????

message 30: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bashes head against wall*

Every time I check the polls he looses a bit more of his percent. WHHHHHHHYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

message 31: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Wait, where are you looking?

http://vampirebookclub.net/alpha-show...

That one's already closed, where he won

message 32: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments That was part of his first standoff. This is the current pole:
http://vampirebookclub.net/alpha-show...

If you click on the tab at the top that says "Alpha Showdown 2011" you can view the brackets and who's one what round.

message 33: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Ohhhh. In that case. ARGHHHH!!!! WHY CURRAN???

message 34: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments If Curran was just on the other side of the bracket....then they'd face off in the finals and at least Curran would get second.

message 35: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 26 comments I voted for Curran, but I have to say: In a bare-knuckle fight, I kinda do think Barrons would win. Eeep!

message 36: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments The fever series is on my TBR shelf, so I haven't read it yet, but I figured it was fair to vote for Curran because of the characters I've read from the brackets he's most alpha to me and because he was losing any ways.

message 37: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments There's no way he can pull those votes now....=( he's behind by quite a bit

Samina ~ Escapism~ | 87 comments KMM has been cheeky and bribed the readers with sex, so I think Curran is gonna lose.

message 39: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Seriously? That's cheap =O

Samina ~ Escapism~ | 87 comments ah...not real sex.Basically she said that if Barrons wins then she will write a sex scene from his POV. Obviously Curran doesn't stand a chance.

message 41: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments Yeah I saw the sex bribe. Really? That's not fair at all.

Have you guys seen the amount of votes Curran and Barrons have? Curran has almost 2000 last I checked and Barrons just crossed 4000.

message 42: by Wendes (last edited May 27, 2011 05:21PM) (new)

Wendes | 188 comments WOW. No way he can catch up now T.T

message 43: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments *sigh* At least Kate appears to be winning against Raphael.

Samina ~ Escapism~ | 87 comments Kate and Raphael. How...odd?

message 45: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOL ironic

message 46: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments HAHAHAHA, I didn't get it for a second but that does sound funny, rofl.

message 47: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments Aha yeahh, can't imagine Kate with anyone that's not her equal in temper and wit though XD

message 48: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments Agreed, but still...I guess if this "match-up" would've taken place before the fourth book, Raphael could've been giving Kate her much needed "therapy"

message 49: by Wendes (new)

Wendes | 188 comments LOL that's trueee. But it was kinda cute how Raphael fell so hard for Andrea like right away

message 50: by Dani (new)

Dani Marescotti (Dani15) | 168 comments It was. I wonder what's going to go down between them in Magic Slays. Will he be in it less or more because he and Andrea are having issues?

Ha, and I love how she was rejecting him in the beginning.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread