Once Upon a Twilight blog discussion

Book Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Once Upon, blog owner (new)

Once Upon (Twilightsdance) | 67 comments Mod
Go ahead and spread the word on any books you think deserves to be mentioned.

Elizabeth Kolodziej (ejkolodziej) | 5 comments Vampyre Kisses By ... ME... hehe
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur
Rachel Morgan Series by Kim Harrison
Tortall Seires by Tamora Pierce (oldie but goodie)
Anything by Christopher Moore but the Bloodsucking Fiend books where great!
thats all for now!

Christy (JustMeChristy) | 3 comments I'm a Twihard, and more than a bit obsessed with Robert Pattinson (LOL!) so when he started filming Water for Elephants, I thought I'd give the book a try. It ended up being a great read and I've recommended it to several people who have also enjoyed it. If you haven't yet, read it!

Joanna Tozier | 2 comments I am in the middle of Jim Butchers, The Dresden Files. They are so funny it amazes me!!! Its about a wizard, Harry Dreseden, he is a smart---- about everything and gets himself into impossible situations that he always seems to get out of!! There are underlying sub-plots that keep you going through the series...
I really love this books!

message 5: by Once Upon, blog owner (new)

Im reading now a book i truly picked up because of themain character having my name. When i check the book out here it was rated real good. So im half way thru and hooked. Its a perfect read for Halloween, has ghost.

Its called Intrinsical by Lani Woodland.

Jennifer Monzon | 2 comments Mod
I recently just read Immortal Awakening and think it's a great book to read. I totally recommend it.

K.C. Randall (KCRandall) | 1 comments I agree with Joanna about The Dresden Files. I've read all of them so far. Jim Butcher is a master storyteller. He has another series that's more fantasy and less urban, but I loved it too. The Codex Alera Series. About people who can "control" elements. Very good storyline, and same dry wit that is woven throughout the Dresden Files.

I also agree with Yara about Immortal Awakening, but I may be a little biased, as I wrote it. :)

Nina | 4 comments Once Dead, Twice Shy (Book 1, Madison Avery)by Kim Harrison. So good.

Jessica | 4 comments Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire is a fae detective novel that's really good.

Greenfairylv | 10 comments I really like Beautiful Maliceby Rebecca James. I think oversea's it's released as YA and in the states it's fiction.(I think) anyway it's really good. Hope you give it a try if you come upon it.

Lauren Hammond | 2 comments Of course I'm gonna say my own book, Love Sucks but... You must read Ashes to Angels by: Natalie McCollum! It's fantastic!

Nina | 4 comments Greenfairylv wrote: "I really like Beautiful Maliceby Rebecca James. I think oversea's it's released as YA and in the states it's fiction.(I think) anyway it's really good. Hope you give it a try if yo..."

They translated the book into Dutch, so I'm going to look for it at the library. Thanx for the recommendation.

Ginny Hernandez | 1 comments Love all the feed back this topic is getting since I love to read but often find I can't find anything I want to read on the shelves at the bookstore...with that being said are these recommendations YA or Adult books? Some sound really awesome but as much as I enjoy YA (some YA) I love me some adult urban fantasy fiction! Bring it on!

message 14: by Once Upon, blog owner (new)

Yes Killiam I agree with you if you havent read it what are waiting for.

Also a few of my friends and I created a forum and blog for the latest on the hunger games news and info

So please stop by and follow or sign up. We love it

http://thehoborg.blogspot.com/ (BLOG)
http://forum.thehob.org/ (FORUM)

William O'Brien | 1 comments Thank you for the invite!

Please visit my website http://www.peteradarkenedfairytale.co.uk
to view a sample page and many other snippets about the book.
Expected release date mid-late Jan.

Best wishes, William O'Brien

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) If you haven't already read them and you like young adult or children's fantasy books, I would recommend the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver. This is an excellent pre-historic children series with lots of adventure, magic and memorable characters. I absolutely loved them!

Okie (OkieB) I'm a huge fan of YA Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Fiction :) I recently read Ann Aguirre's Enclave- FANTASTIC read, I'm still thinking about it! I can't wait for book 2, it should be out sometime in the fall.

Cheryl Landmark (clandmark) Okie wrote: "I'm a huge fan of YA Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Fiction :) I recently read Ann Aguirre's Enclave- FANTASTIC read, I'm still thinking about it! I can't wait for book 2, it should be out sometime in ..."

LOL, Okie! I just added Enclave to my TBR pile about two minutes ago! It does sound very intriguing.

message 19: by Okie (last edited Apr 26, 2011 11:27AM) (new)

Okie (OkieB) Yay! I hope you like it :) There are SO many books coming out that I can't wait to read!

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Christy wrote: "I'm a Twihard, and more than a bit obsessed with Robert Pattinson (LOL!) so when he started filming Water for Elephants, I thought I'd give the book a try. It ended up being a great read and I've r..."

Me too! Loved the movie and liked the book.

Brandy (bshuffman) | 6 comments Okie wrote: "I'm a huge fan of YA Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Fiction :) I recently read Ann Aguirre's Enclave- FANTASTIC read, I'm still thinking about it! I can't wait for book 2, it should be out sometime in ..."

If you like the dystopian genre, have you read Divergent or Dark Parties yet? I loved both of those so much!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Fallen

this was the closest to satisfying my addiction after Bedazzled or reading over an old one.

Kathleen Harsch Thank you for this group! I have a suggestion. It's a teen book sci-fi fantasy about a girl who is trying so hard to keep her secret that she might just miss out on the one person who really knows her.

Dreaming Dangerously by Kathleen Harsch

The sequel is due out this summer, June 1.

message 25: by Once Upon, blog owner (new)

Brandy wrote: "Okie wrote: "I'm a huge fan of YA Post-Apocalyptic/Dystopian Fiction :) I recently read Ann Aguirre's Enclave- FANTASTIC read, I'm still thinking about it! I can't wait for book 2, it should be out..."

Also Darkness Before Dawn and The Immortal Rules are dystopian with paranormal also mixed in. SUPER GOOD.

Under the Never Sky and Shatter ME are just as great too

message 26: by D. (new)

D. Hilliard (DNathanHilliard) | 1 comments Griffen Hayes's Hive is a neat little post apocalyptic yarn that goes for .99 cents. It's a novella, but also the first in a series.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Beautiful Malice (other topics)
Fallen (other topics)
Dreaming Dangerously (other topics)
Hive (other topics)