Green Group discussion

Previous Book Clubs > Our Autumn Book Club 2010

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by M (last edited Sep 07, 2010 11:28AM) (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 367 comments The theme of the seasonal book club of The Green group is " Seasons and Weather in Titles " . Here's the map of our Autumn book with a lot of great upcoming events and authors.

Pieces of a Rainbow

by Maria Savva is the book's winner of our autumnal book club. Congratulations, Maria.

The Green group community will read and discuss all the books added at the poll's list.
Thanks to everyone who voted in the poll!

- From September 1 to November 30, 2010 Pieces of a Rainbow by Maria Savva

- From September 15 to October 15, 2010 The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell

David Mitchell's first novel, Ghostwritten (1999), won the Mail on Sunday/John Llewellyn Rhys Prize for the best book by a writer under 35 and was also shortlisted for the Guardian First Book Award. His second novel, number9dream, was shortlisted for the 2001 Booker Prize as well as the James Tait Black Memorial Prize. His third novel Cloud Atlas was shortlisted for the 2004 Man Booker Prize. In 2003 he was selected as one of Granta’s Best of Young British Novelists.

- From September 20 to September 24, 2010 The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

Here's the link to join the Q&A with Margaret Atwood, bestselling and award winning International author from September 20 to September 24, 2010. Enjoy!

http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/3...

- From October 1 to October 15, Marcovaldo: or the Seasons in the City by Italo Calvino

- From October 15 to October 31, 2010 When Autumn Leaves by Amy S. Foster

- From November 1 to November 15, 2010 The Cloud Forest by Peter Matthiessen

- From November 15 to November 30, 2010 East Wind: West Wind by Pearl Buck

Don't forget the upcoming event at the " Great African Reads " with Dan Morrison and The Black Nile: One Man's Amazing Journey Through Peace and War on the World's Longest River one of our Green group author members. Enjoy!

http://www.goodreads.com/event/show/9...

You can follow the discussions with Timothy Dean and his first book of the trilogy Teeth - The Epic Novel with Bite and Dan Morrison's The Black Nile: One Man's Amazing Journey Through Peace and War on the World's Longest River during the last months of the year 2010.

Marieke oh gosh. i want to read them all.

message 3: by M (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 367 comments Marieke wrote: "oh gosh. i want to read them all."

That's great, Marieke. How many books do you read per month?
And I'll publish the list of The History of Science monthly reading, soon!

Marieke I think I manage 4 to 6, depending on how long they are. I read fiction and creative non-fiction really fast so I think if I plan carefully I can read all of these along with the group!

message 5: by M (new)

M (wwwgoodreadscomprofilem) | 367 comments Marieke wrote: "I think I manage 4 to 6, depending on how long they are. I read fiction and creative non-fiction really fast so I think if I plan carefully I can read all of these along with the group!"

Some books of the Autumn book club are short readings like, for instance Marcovaldo: or the Seasons in the City by Italo Calvino, Pieces of a Rainbow by Maria Savva