Challenge: 50 Books discussion

2010 > Erin's 2010 50 Books A Year

Comments (showing 1-50 of 51) (51 new)    post a comment »

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 1. THE HUNGER GAMES, by Suzanne Collins

Amazing, amazing, amazing read - definitely in my top 5 of all time, hands down.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 2. CATCHING FIRE, by Suzanne Collins

#2 in THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy and just as good, if not better than the first one. A must, must read!

message 4: by Erin (last edited Aug 24, 2010 05:08PM) (new)

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 4. THE DEAD-TOSSED WAVES, by Carrie Ryan

#2 in THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH trilogy - just as good as #1.

message 5: by Erin (last edited Aug 24, 2010 05:08PM) (new)

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 5. SHIVER, by Maggie Stiefvater

Very descriptive, solid writing, cool spin on werewolves. Really enjoyed this book.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 6. LINGER, by Maggie Stiefvater

Book #2 in the Wolves of Mercy Falls - good read!

message 7: by Erin (last edited Aug 24, 2010 05:12PM) (new)

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 7. HUSH, HUSH, by Becca Fitzpatrick

Very funny - loved her writing style. Felt a little rushed towards the end, but still a good read.

message 8: by Erin (last edited Aug 24, 2010 05:12PM) (new)

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 8. VAMPIRE ACADEMY, by Richelle Mead

This might just be my #1 vampire series... thoroughly enjoyed it!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 13. CITY OF BONES, by Cassandra Clare

Book #1 in THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS SERIES

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 14. CITY OF ASHES, by Cassandra Clare

Book #2 in the series.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 16. MARKED, by P.C. Cast

Book #1 in THE HOUSE OF NIGHT series.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 17. BETRAYED, by P.C. Cast

Book #2.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 18. CHOSEN, by P.C. Cast

#3...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 19. UNTAMED, by P.C. Cast

#4...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 20. HUNTED, by P.C. Cast

#5...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 21. TEMPTED, by P.C. Cast

#6...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 22. BURNED, by P.C. Cast

#7...

message 23: by Erin (last edited Aug 24, 2010 05:35PM) (new)

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 23. THE MAZE RUNNER, by James Dashner

Very interesting YA read from a boy's POV...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 24. HEIST SOCIETY, by Ally Carter

Fun and entertaining!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 25. ONLY THE GOOD SPY YOUNG, by Ally Carter

#1 in THE GALLAGHER GIRLS series - fun reads!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 26. DON'T JUDGE A GIRL BY HER COVER, by Ally Carter

Book #2 in the series...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 29. and 30. THE AWAKENING and THE STRUGGLE, by L.J. Smith

Books #1 and #2 in THE VAMPIRE DIARIES series.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 31. and 32. THE FURY and DARK REUNION, by L.J. Smith

Books #3 and #4...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 35. THE HOST, by Stephenie Meyer

Stephenie's first try at adult fiction - really enjoyed this book!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 36. SURRENDER A DREAM, by Jill Barnett

SUPER ha-larious Romance - an oldy, but a goodie!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 37. WONDERFUL, by Jill Barnett

One of my all-time favs. Haven't read in over 10 years - loved this hilarious romance!

Alanna | 81 comments Erin wrote: "1. THE HUNGER GAMES, by Suzanne Collins

Amazing, amazing, amazing read - definitely in my top 5 of all time, hands down."

I completely agree with you! I'm re-reading these right now before I begin The Mockingjay which is sitting beside my bed awaiting my attention.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments Alanna wrote: "Erin wrote: "1. THE HUNGER GAMES, by Suzanne Collins

Amazing, amazing, amazing read - definitely in my top 5 of all time, hands down."

I completely agree with you! ..."

Just started MOCKINGJAY last night! Really wanted to re-read the first two, but I've got my husband reading them and he's s-l-o-w (he's just finishing THE HUNGER GAMES now and he's been reading it for 5 weeks! *gasp!*). Oh well, I'll re-read all 3 of them when I'm done!

Alanna | 81 comments 5 weeks! Wow, is he ever slow! I'm currently re-reading it now before I read Mockingjay. I can't wait! I work at Indigo (Canada's answer to Barnes & Noble) and we had a midnight release party for it; so much fun!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments I am SOOOOO jealous - midnight release party sounds like a blast!

And yes, 5 weeks = OMG. I read THE HUNGER GAMES in one day - a couldn't put it down / please don't bother me now kinda day...but the fact that I've got him 1.) reading at all, 2.) reading a YA book - yeah, that's a miracle unto itself.

You'll have to let me know what you think about MOCKINGJAY when you get to it - I'm only 30 pages in, and I'm loving it so far! :)

Alanna | 81 comments I know what you mean about reading Hunger Games in a day, I finished it last night. So now I'm working on Catching Fire and hoping to finish it today - don't have a whole lot going on this week.

I'm wondering if I can convince my boyfriend to read them, how's your husband liking them so far? One of the managers at work (a guy) read them and liked them, he wasn't so into the love triange thing but I suppose that's understandable.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 38. MOCKINGJAY, by Suzanne Collins

#3 in THE HUNGER GAMES trilogy...and not disappointing, to say the least! This trilogy is a MUST READ for everyone!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 39. THE DUFF, by Kody Keplinger

Strong voice, well written, and very easy to relate to. Recommended for sure!

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 40. THE DAUGHTERS, by Joanna Philbin

Easy / quick and for the most part, humorous read.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 41. ALONG FOR THE RIDE, by Sarah Dessen

Just okay for me...

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 42. THIRTEEN REASONS WHY, by Jay Asher

While the premise of the story was dark (teen suicide), I really enjoyed this book.
Very well written.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 43. CRESCENDO, by Becca Fitzpatrick

Sequel to Hush, Hush - I enjoyed this one... Becca Fitzpatrick has a great sense of humor and who of course, doesn't love the badass that Patch is? Good read.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 44. THE CARRIE DIARIES, by Candace Bushnell

I've always been a big fan of the SITC series - and I'm amazed I got to reading this book, so late in the game!

It was great seeing how Carrie was in high school...and of course, how everything ties together, to how Carrie is now.

Good, easy read. I enjoyed this one!

Alanna | 81 comments Erin wrote: "41. ALONG FOR THE RIDE, by Sarah Dessen

Just okay for me..."

Sarah Dessen is such a guilty pleasure of mine. None of her books are all that good but I can't help but love them. I haven't read this one yet though.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 45. LAST SACRIFICE, by Richelle Mead

The 6th and final book in the VA series was a great conclusion to a story I thoroughly enjoyed reading. I thought it was well put together and ended exactly as I'd hoped.

I really enjoyed this series.

Erin Schneider (erinlschneider) | 71 comments 46. EVERMORE, by Alyson Noel

This series started out pretty good for me...but then...well, it got kinda weird with all the metaphysical speak - which threw me off.

It was just okay.

« previous 1