SHIFTER LOVE discussion

Archived Challenges > September 2010 Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 207) (207 new)    post a comment »

♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ | 2422 comments Mod
Alright everyone, here is the Sept. Monthly Challenge.

Rules:
*Book 1 will be picked by a fellow group member. Please post if you would like to participate this month so everyone will have a person picking for them.
*Books 2 and 3 you will pick from a group members bookshelves. Please state who's shelf you are picking from.
*Book 4 will be a book from a series you have started, but have been to busy to go back to. This one was requested so people would play catch up.
*All books should be books you have not read before.
*Full Moon Read is a book with a were/shifter in it.

1. Pick it for me
2. Group member shelf
3. Group member shelf
4. Continued Reading
5. Full Moon Read

message 2: by Jessica (last edited Sep 05, 2010 06:15PM) (new)

Jessica | 300 comments I'm in!

1. Pick it for me- First Drop of Crimson (N.L. pick)
2. Group member shelf- Linger from Lynn's shelf
3. Group member shelf
4. Continued Reading
5. Full Moon Read- Pack Challenge

First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I'm in

Valorie Count me in!

Diane ~Firefly~ For book 1, are they choosing new to you books or from your TBR?

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) If we don't have 'too busy to have gotten back to choice' for #4, can we pick a book that is the next book in series we've been reading? Say a new release of an enjoyed series?

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 116 comments I'm in. This should be good.

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 116 comments For 2 and 3, do you have to choose books that the other members have read, or can you choose from any of their shelves?

Erin (Erin-B) Sounds fun, I'm in.

Sandra | 742 comments I'm in, but would prefer 'pick it for me' to come from my tbr.

NL, if you are caught up by all means you may keep going. Don't want to hold you back.

Alyssa, you pick from the other members READ shelf.

Sandra, you can do that with book 2 and 3.

I forgot, I am in too.

chucklesthescot ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥ wrote: "NL, if you are caught up by all means you may keep going. Don't want to hold you back.

Alyssa, you pick from the other members READ shelf.

Sandra, you can do that with book 2 and 3."

I'm afraid I can't go out and buy a book I'm not interested in or by an author I hate etc, just because someone picked it out for me. I have a limited budget being unemployed and only buy what I really want to read when I have the cash to do it and with a huge tbr list I need to read them first. Sorry, count me out!

Sandra | 742 comments Lynn, I know I can do that with 2 & 3. Just didn't want to have to buy another book, particularly if it's an author I don't like (as chucklesthescot said also). With more than 750 on my tbr (most owned already) I thought there'd be plenty to pick from. LOL.

Alyssa (lyssad87) | 116 comments Maybe for the Pick it for me books, the 'Picker' could suggest like 3 books or something? And maybe they could be books that aren't brand new, cuz then maybe they could be found at the library and might not have to be bought? (I know those aren't really questions. Haha.)

message 18: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (last edited Aug 22, 2010 07:28PM) (new)

I do not care what shelf the picker picks from. It will be up to you to say what you have avaible. I am in no way saying run and buy what book they are going to suggest. If you want the group member to pick from your shelf titled, Books I own or Lib books, that is all you half to say. Just tell the person which shelf they are allowed to pick from. They are picking from your shelf. Like for me, I would want the group member to pick from my shelf books i own. I know about budget, I have 4 kids and a husband finishing up his last semester of college. His books are more important than mine at the moment.

Sandra | 742 comments Thanks Lynn, that's what I wanted to know. I'm definitely in!

Lisa I'm in

Rebecca (MyasMom) In the Pick It For Me challenge in the Romance Readers Reading Challenges group we pick four books from the persons to read or own shelf and four new to them book suggestions. Then they pick one book out of the eight. Maybe we could do something similar to give the reader options. Pick two of each or something. What do you all think?

I think that sounds fine Rebecca.

message 23: by Lisa (last edited Aug 23, 2010 07:36AM) (new)

Lisa 0/5 Read

PIFM-
GMS- My Soul to Save (Amy)
GMS- Pretties (Rebecca)
CONT- My Soul to Keep
FMR- Howling at the Moon

Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1) by Karen MacInerney My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers Series #3) by Rachel Vincent Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) by Rachel Vincent

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) 0/5 Read

Pick It For Me:
Read #1 (Lady Danielle “The Book Huntress): Heart of the Dragon by Gena Showalter
Read #2 (Carolyn F.): A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Continued Reading: No Mercy by Sherrilyn Kenyon
F.M.R.: Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 25: by Sandra (last edited Aug 25, 2010 05:58PM) (new)

Sandra | 742 comments Werewolf Love September 2010 Challenge
0/5 Completed

1. Pick it for me (thanks Catherine) Midnight's Daughter by Karen Chance
2. Group member shelf (Yz) First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost
3. Group member shelf (Ames) Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn
4. Continued Reading What A Dragon Should Know by G.A. Aiken
5. Full Moon Read Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs

message 26: by ❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ (last edited Sep 04, 2010 08:19AM) (new)

❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ | 122 comments Duration: September 1 - September 30, 2010
0/5

1. PIFM:(Jessica)Strange Angels
2. Shelf:(Jen ~ theMagicFaerie) Be mine tonight
3. Shelf:(♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥) Soulless
4. Continued:Linger
5. FMR:Pride Mates

Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1) by Kathryn Smith Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound, #1) by Jennifer Ashley

Carolyn F. I changed my mind and I'm in. I signed up for a ton of challenges but I'll just add this to the rest.

Come on aboard, I was signed up for another groups challenge when the number of books reached 32 I thought I was gonna have to drop out. They changed it to a quarterly challenge.

message 29: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (last edited Aug 25, 2010 06:22AM) (new)

0/5 Read

PIFM:
Shelf:(NL)-Undone by Rachel Caine
Shelf:(Nita)-Touch of Darkness by Christina Dodd
Continued:Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian
FMR:Beneath a Rising Moon by Keri Arthur

Undone (Outcast Season, #1) by Rachel Caine Touch of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #2) by Christina Dodd Midnight Rising (Midnight Breed, #4) by Lara Adrian Beneath a Rising Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, #1) by Keri Arthur

message 30: by Catherine (last edited Aug 24, 2010 01:34PM) (new)

Catherine Banks (catherine_banks) | 205 comments Im in!

1. Pick it for me
2. Group Member Shelf: Hawksong (♥♥Lynn♥♥)
3. Group Member Shelf: Glass Houses (Amy or "Ames")
4. Continued Reading
5. Full Moon Read: 13 to Life

Carolyn F. Let me know if anyone needs a recommendation. I look at your TBR shelf and see if there's something I know.

Alright, here are the 16 names I have:
Marlon the Cat
Aiyanna
Lisa
Jessica Bolton
Rebecca
Catherine Banks
Lizz
Valorie
Mel
Amy
Jessica
NL
Erin
Sandra
Carolyn F.
Lynn

message 33: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (last edited Aug 30, 2010 06:12AM) (new)

Amy/Ames will pick for Mel
Mel will pick for Carolyn F.
Carolyn F will pick for Marlon the Cat
Marlon the Cat will pick for Lisa
Lisa will pick for Erin
Erin will pick for Catherine
Catherine will pick for Sandra
Sandra will pick for Amy/Ames
Aiyanna will pick for NL
NL will pick for Jessica
Jessica will pick for Alyssa
Alyssa will pick for Rebecca
Rebecca will pick for Aiyanna
Lizz will pick for Valorie
Valorie will pick for Jessica Bolton
Jessica Bolton will pick for Lizz
Lynn will pick for Benjamin
Benjamin will pick for Cindyg
Cindygwill pick for Tennille
Tennille will pick for Lynn
Kimberly will pick for Dawn
Dawn will pick for Karina
Karina will pick for Kathleen
Kathleen will pick for Raycal Uslan
Raycal Uslan will pick for Rossy
Rossy will pick for Kimberly

message 34: by ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥, Founder (last edited Aug 24, 2010 02:41PM) (new)

I will pick for the next person or the person I realize I forgot. LOL!

WHOOO that list was hard!

When you pick:
1. Contact the person you are picking for.
2. Ask what bookshelf you can pick from
3. Contact them back so they know which book/books you are picking.
4. Pick at least 4 and let the member choose which one is ok for them.

Diane, are you going to participate?

Lisa 0/5 Read

PIFM- Bone Crossed (by Marlon)
GMS- My Soul to Save (Amy)
GMS- Pretties (Rebecca)
CONT- My Soul to Keep
FMR- Howling at the Moon

Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1) by Karen MacInerney My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers Series #3) by Rachel Vincent Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) by Rachel Vincent Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs

Mel (mel_b) Okay, I've got my list together!

0/5 read

1. Pick it for me: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - from young Amy
2. Group member shelf: The Tin Star by J. L. Langley - from Lynn’s shelf
3. Group member shelf: Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning - from N.L.'s shelf
4. Continued Reading: Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews
5. Full Moon Read: Stolen by Kelley Armstrong

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins The Tin Star (Ranch Series, #1) by J.L. Langley Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Magic Burns by IIona Andrews Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

Mel (mel_b) Sandra wrote: "Werewolf Love September 2010 Challenge
0/5 Completed

1. Pick it for me (thanks Catherine) Midnight's Daughter by Karen Chance...

Yay, Midnight's Daughter! I hope you'll like this one Sandra. I really loved it.
I see you haven't read anything in the Cassie Palmer series yet, but I read MD before CP#1 and -eventhough there is some overlap- you don't really miss anything.
And Louis-Cesare is just gorgeous!

Sandra | 742 comments I should have known that would get a reaction Mel!

Yep, just bought all the Karen Chance books in the last 2 weeks. Looking forward to them all. I already know you love them!!!!!

Mel, Tin Star was one of my first m/m books. I really liked it. I never was a cowboy fan, but those men are yummy!

Mel (mel_b) Sandra, that's great! But if you have all the books, you might want to consider starting with Touch the Dark in stead of Midnight's Daughter. Like I said: you won't miss much but you'll already have met Mircea and Louis-Cesare and see a totally different side of them.

Lynn, I've been meaning to read The Tin Star for a long while now. It's beckoning me from my ereader :)
I usually don't like howdy dowdy cowboys but if they're gay I could make an exception... ;)

Catherine Banks (catherine_banks) | 205 comments Okay, here's my list so far. I just need to figure out the continued reading. Any suggestions?

1. Pick it for me: Alanna: The First Adventure Thanks Erin!
2. Group Member Shelf: Hawksong (♥♥Lynn♥♥)
3. Group Member Shelf: Glass Houses (Amy or "Ames")
4. Continued Reading: ???
5. Full Moon Read: 13 to Life

message 44: by Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (last edited Aug 26, 2010 05:47PM) (new)

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) young Amy - LOL, Mel!

1. Pick It For Me: The First Days from Sandra
2. Group Member Shelf: whichever Shelly Laurenston book I'm onto next. Bless you Sandra for having all of them on your shelves.
3. Group Member Shelf: The Rest Falls Away or The Fallen: Volume 1 from my esteemed elder, Mel.
4. Continued reading: ???
5. Full Moon Read: IAD or Silver Dragons series

message 45: by Benjamin (last edited Aug 27, 2010 08:03AM) (new)

Benjamin (benjamintkw) 0/5 books complete

1. Pick It For Me: The Body Finder Thanks Lynn
2. Group Member Shelf: Infinite Days Thanks Lisa
3. Group Member Shelf:
4. Continued Reading: Well the first two books are Wake and Fade then the one I will read is Gone
5.Full Moon Read: Werelove: Dusk Conspiracy

message 46: by Erin (last edited Aug 26, 2010 10:49PM) (new)

Erin (Erin-B) Read: 0/5

1. Pick it for me: Rogue by Rachel Vincent (thanks Lisa!)
2. Group member shelf: Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (N.L.'s shelf)
3. Group member shelf: First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost (Carolyn F.'s shelf)
4. Continued Reading: Vengeance in Death by J.D. Robb
5. Full Moon Read: Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh

Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6) by J.D. Robb Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh

message 47: by Jessica (BookRockGodess) (last edited Sep 17, 2010 04:34PM) (new)

Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton (BookRockGodess) | 39 comments Duration: September 1 - September 30, 2010
5/5 Done

1. PIFM: Seven Up by Janet Evanovich (From Valorie)DONE 9/2/10
2. Shelf: Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill (Teresa)DONE 9/5/10
3. Shelf: Almost to Die For by Tate Hallaway (☪☠Lizz☠☪) DONE 9/1/10
4. Continued: Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2)by L.J. Smith DONE 9/17/10
5. FMR: Captivate by Carrie Jones DONE 9/10/10

Almost to Die For (A Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #1) by Tate Hallaway Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7) by Janet Evanovich Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Captivate (Need, #2) by Carrie Jones Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2) by L.J. Smith

Sandra | 742 comments Thanks for the advice Mel, but I'm a very adaptable reader, often reading things out of order. So it won't bother me reading Dorry before Cassie.

You're welcome Ames :D

Rebecca (MyasMom) September 2010 Monthly Challenge
0/5

1. PIFM - Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (Thanks Alyssa!)
2. GMS - Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (Jessica)
3. GMS - Three To Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich (Lynn)
4. CR - Pride by Rachel Vincent
5. FMR - Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Three To Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) by Janet Evanovich Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

Mariana I'm in.
1. Pick it for me
2. Group member shelf The Mane Event (Raycal)
3. Group member shelf Graceling(♥♥Lynn ♥♥)
4. Continued Reading Pride
5. Full Moon Read
Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) by Kristin Cashore

« previous 1 3 4 5