Penguin's Point of View Books discussion

POV books in the classroom?

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Penguin Teen (PenguinTeen) | 16 comments Mod
Which of the POV books do you think would be the most useful in the classroom?

Students: Have you ever read any in school?

Teachers: Have you ever taught any in school?

Kelly Hager (khager) | 1 comments I haven't read all of the books, but I think Speak, Wintergirls, After, Thirteen Reasons Why, Willow and If I Stay would all be fantastic books to read in school. They're all issues-driven and I think that many teens could relate to them. (Well, maybe not to After, but certainly to all the others.)

Kara  (epicbooknerd) | 4 comments Any of them really. I haven't ever had to read one for school.

Kaila (RagDollWarrior) | 4 comments We Had A Focus Reading Group At My School And We Read Speak. It Was Opitional Though. But A Lot Of Us Read It. I Think All The Books Kelly Mentioned Would Be Great For School Reading Assignments.

Brittany (weareattached) The ones I read should all certainly be taught in a classroom. I think schools need to offer books like this in their curriculum, to a. make reading a better experience for kids and b. let kids know they are not alone with the issues that these books deal with.

QA (gendarme) | 3 comments No i did not have the chance of reading these books in school or elsewhere.PenguinYR wrote: "Which of the POV books do you think would be the most useful in the classroom?

Teachers: Have you ever taught any in school?"

QA (gendarme) | 3 comments Dont have any idea.PenguinYR wrote: "Which of the POV books do you think would be the most useful in the classroom?

Teachers: Have you ever taught any in school?"

Betsy (betsypie) I think any of these titles would be great not only in the classroom but as discussion books for library book clubs. I'm working on picking books for my teen book club at the library for the upcoming year and I think more than a couple of the ones I choose this year will be a POV book.

Penguin Teen (PenguinTeen) | 16 comments Mod
I agree! POV books are perfect for book clubs. Make sure to check out the discussion guides on PointofViewBooks.com to help steer your book club sessions.

Realteenreviews | 7 comments I think that Speak, Thirteen Reasons Why, and Wintergirls would all be great books to read in school. Not only are they great books (I haven't met one person who hasn't liked Speak!) but they deal with important topics that start great discussions and get kids into reading. I've never read any of these books in school, but I think that it's seriously a great idea to read them in class.

Ally | 8 comments Definetly Speak and Hold Still. iF students read them i think not only will it open their eyes but the teachers as well.

Jenna | 10 comments Ally wrote: "Definetly Speak and Hold Still. iF students read them i think not only will it open their eyes but the teachers as well."

i completely agree

Emma (PurpleLover77) | 1 comments They have never taught one in my school. I wish they would though. I have had english teachers in the past who have recommended some to me though. I think they wanted to teach them but aren't allowed because my over-protective principal doesn't want to "give us ideas." Too bad most of the students struggle with at least one of these things anyway....

unread topics | mark unread