The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

OLD TASK HELP THREADS > 10.10- Group Hug

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (last edited Aug 23, 2010 10:46AM) (new)

Dlmrose | 9491 comments Mod
10.10 GROUP HUG- Read a book that is on any OTHER Goodreads Group’s “Currently Reading” shelf when you select the book. You do not need to be a member of the other group. Required: Please tell us the name of the group.

If you need suggestions OR have suggestions for books to read for this task, please post them here.

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

placeholder

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

placeholder

message 4: by Cindy AL (new)

Cindy AL (cangelmd) | 644 comments Like everybody else, I'm working on my list right now! Can this book be on the August Currently Reading Shelf (OR in the case of one group I looked at, the July reading shelf, it had not changed)?

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I saw on one of my groups what was close to being chosen for the book so I will be reading that book! They have 2 options for me. Clockwork Angel or Mockingjay. I think I will read Clockwork Angel for this task because I haven't read the other books for the Hunger Games series yet. But I think I need to fast.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 8299 comments Mod
One thing I just stumbled upon - if you click on "groups" at the top of the page, one of the things that shows up is a list of groups that are reading a book that's on your TBR list.

message 7: by Christine US (new)

Christine US (ChristineUS) | 531 comments Group "Chick Lit Book Club" is currently reading Love the One You're With by Emily Giffin.

message 8: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Yeah. Same question as Cindy AL -- are there any restrictions as to WHEN the GR Group is Currently Reading the novel?

message 9: by Dlmrose (new)

Cindy AL wrote: "Like everybody else, I'm working on my list right now! Can this book be on the August Currently Reading Shelf (OR in the case of one group I looked at, the July reading shelf, it had not changed)?"

I refined the task. Books should be on another Group's currently reading shelf when you select the book.

If a group still has a July shelf up and you select the book now, you may use it.

message 10: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 1341 comments Thanks Dlmrose!

message 11: by Cindy AL (new)

Cindy AL (cangelmd) | 644 comments Thanks!

message 12: by Deedee (new)

Deedee | 1257 comments Thanks, you answered my question! : "I refined the task. Books should be on another Group's currently reading shelf when you select the book."

BeyondReality has this one "starting" Aug. 26: The Ships of Merior

message 13: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot As of today's date-September 6th, the Adult Vampire/Paranormal Romance Group still have their August group read showing so I will rush to select it now!
Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

message 14: by Dlmrose (new)

chucklesthescot wrote: "As of today's date-September 6th, the Adult Vampire/Paranormal Romance Group still have their August group read showing so I will rush to select it now!
Friday Night Bites by [author..."

enjoy!

message 15: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (vnorthw) | 241 comments I'm trying to fit the entire Sookie Stackhouse series into this challenge, and the only one I have yet to fit is From Dead to Worse. Yesterday, I found it on the Currently Reading shelf of Kindle Owners. However, it's been there since January. I just wanted to double check to see if it would be acceptable to use it for this task!

message 16: by Dlmrose (new)

Vicky wrote: "I'm trying to fit the entire Sookie Stackhouse series into this challenge, and the only one I have yet to fit is From Dead to Worse. Yesterday, I found it on the Currently Reading s..."

It's a currently reading shelf- it works

message 17: by southpaw285 (last edited Oct 23, 2010 09:42AM) (new)

southpaw285 My Group Hug selection (Task #10.10) is Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, which is a Group Read selection for the Chicks on Lit group for October 2010.

I'm not sure I will have finished reading it by the end of October. Is that okay, or do I need to make sure I'm finished reading it by then?

In reading the task description, I see that it must be a "currently reading" book when you select it. I'm not sure what is meant by "select". Is it just a matter of posting my choice here?

Thanks for your help.

message 18: by Dlmrose (new)

You don't have to complete it by the end of October. "Select" refers to when you identify what book you want to read for a task.

Your selection is fine

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Clockwork Angel (other topics)
Mockingjay (other topics)
Love the One You're With (other topics)
The Ships of Merior (other topics)
Friday Night Bites (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Chloe Neill (other topics)
Margaret Mitchell (other topics)