SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
RIP: Dead/Expired Threads > Currently Reading 2010

Comments (showing 1-50 of 545) (545 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (wingkon) | 46 comments Tainted by Julie Kenner

Damn, this book is so entertaining. I've been speeding through it all day!

message 2: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments I really liked that one too, Patrick. I haven't read Torn or Turned yet, but have them here TBR.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments I have Tainted on my bookshelves so that's good news that you guys like it.

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick (wingkon) | 46 comments 'Salem's Lot - Stephen King

message 5: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments I will start Magic Burns later (MUST DO SOME WORK FIRST) and finish that series to the current book. Just read the Mercy Thompson series #2 - #5 and am trying to get some series finished.

message 6: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) | 1603 comments I'm about 2/3 through Stacia Kane's Unholy Magic, and I am feeling utterly emotionally drained.

And I can't put it down, but I want to put it down to make it last longer, but I have the next one sitting here waiting for me, so maybe I'll finish this one and pick up the next one...

I love these books. :)

message 7: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments Shelleyrae wrote: "I will start Magic Burns later (MUST DO SOME WORK FIRST) and finish that series to the current book. Just read the Mercy Thompson series #2 - #5 and am trying to get some series fini..."

I saw all your updates on Mercy, Shelleyrae. Glad you liked it! :) Now ya gotta wait with the rest of us. LOL!

message 8: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments Laura Lulu wrote: "I'm about 2/3 through Stacia Kane's Unholy Magic, and I am feeling utterly emotionally drained.

And I can't put it down, but I want to put it down to make it last longer, but I hav..."

:D They are good, aren't they?! I just got hold of #2 and am hoping to read it this month or next at the latest.

message 9: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) | 1603 comments Steph wrote: ":D They are good, aren't they?! I just got hold of #2 and am hoping to read it this month or next at the latest. "

Ummmm.....read it now. Just sayin'.

message 10: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments LOL!

message 11: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (NeedSun) | 57 comments I am listening to Unholy Magic now and am about 1/2 way through as well. I love it so I too want to prolong the experience.

Serious addicts just look longingly at the books they want to read, patting them occasionally, in order to make it all last longer.

message 12: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) | 1603 comments I think I might have even clutched Unholy Magic lovingly to my chest a few times.

And you're only halfway through Joanne? Hold on to your hat. ;)

message 13: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (NeedSun) | 57 comments I put it away today just as Chess made a phone call to Terrible, I think, because she is in terrible withdrawal and needs help. I am saving the next part to listen to in the bath tonight.

message 14: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments LOL! <I think I might have even clutched Unholy Magic lovingly to my chest a few times.> Did some of Chess' addictions rub off on ya, L³? hehe

message 15: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (NeedSun) | 57 comments Well,I couldn't help it. I finished

Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts, #2) by Stacia Kane

Started Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments Just finished Shadow Game (GhostWalkers, #1) by Christine Feehan. Great plot, not so good romance -it was a bit over the top but I've been told the series gets better which is good because I all ready have the next 2 books.

message 17: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments Love Mercy, Joanne! :D

Ames, I started that audiobook a few months back, but stopped it b/c I found something else that fit a challenge I wanted to read more. The premise of the series sounds interesting though, so I might give it another go eventually.

message 18: by Joanne (last edited Aug 22, 2010 08:42AM) (new)

Joanne (NeedSun) | 57 comments Feehan's GhostWalkers series is one of my favorite series. As soon as a new book comes out, I buy it. It is surprising that I tried them at all since I am not fond of her Dark series.

Ames, I am not too sure if they do get better because I really liked the first one too. What keeps pulling me in is the conspiracy running through all the books.

Steph, How was it in audio? These are books I have read. Nice "curl up in bed on a rainy day" books.

message 19: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments It wasn't bad. I didn't get very far into it though. Something else (in one of my on-going series) caught my interest and it fit that slot in a challenge, so I dropped it. I plan to return to it eventually though.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments Today I read The Poison Throne (The Moorehawke Trilogy, #1) by Celine Kiernan. Politics and secrets galore! I've been wanting to read it for a couple of months but now I wish I'd waited an extra week for the second one to come out. The villain is truly evil but at the same time he shows a vulnerable human side -ahhh I need to know his secrets, why he does what he does! Thank goodness I only have to wait until the first week of Oct for the third and final one.

message 21: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments I just started Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill.

message 22: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments I liked that one, Jackie M, even though it's got part of what seems to be a common theme among YA series these days ... a "special" school. The rest of it was different enough that I'm interested to read book2. Hope you enjoy it.

message 23: by OmG_iTs_LiZaRd (new)

OmG_iTs_LiZaRd | 1132 comments Jackie M wrote: "I just started Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill."

How are you liking it?

I'm reading Destiny Kills (Myth and Magic, #1) by Keri Arthurand Tempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments Finished The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1) by Kresley Cole and now have A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole in my hands.

message 25: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments ☪☠Lizz☠☪ wrote: "Jackie M wrote: "I just started Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill."

How are you liking it?

I'm reading Destiny Kills (Myth and Magic, #1) by Keri ArthurandTempting Evil (Riley Jenson Guardian, #3) by Keri Arthur"

I am only 70 pages into it but so far so good.

message 26: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments Ames, let me know what you think of #2. I read #1 either last year or early this and haven't gotten to the rest of the series yet. Everyone raves about it, so I'm guessin' I'll like it. I liked #1.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments Steph, I wanted to give it 4 stars but I felt a bit uncomfortable with the hero treating the heroine so badly. Same with the first one. I feel guilty for enjoying the rest of the stories when she's kidnapped, terrorised, suffers sexual abuse verging on rape and then goes on to have a happy ever after with him. I'm wondering if Stockholm Syndrome plays a part in these gals eventually falling for these guys.

message 28: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments I am reading Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews and am enjoying every moment of it. The tension between Kate and Curran is delicious.

message 29: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments Ames, yeah, I can see that. I do remember her being kidnapped in the first. Doesn't seem like a grand way to begin a relationship, yah?

AH, love, love that book! :)

message 30: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments AH wrote: "I am reading Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4) by Ilona Andrews and am enjoying every moment of it. The tension between Kate and Curran is delicious."

I love this series.

message 31: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) | 1603 comments Enjoy AH! My fave UF series. :)

message 32: by AH (new)

AH | 2271 comments Thanks! I am finding it hard not to update my status with every single great line in the book - there are so many.

message 33: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) | 1603 comments AH wrote: "Thanks! I am finding it hard not to update my status with every single great line in the book - there are so many."

Um...I just went and looked and I had 13 status updates while I read that book. They write the best dialog. ;)

message 34: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 18556 comments I'm about 80% finished with Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward. It's a great book. I gave the 1st one 5 stars and this one is heading the same way so far.

And I know what you mean about A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole. I really loved that one too, regardless of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments Today I read Hunger (Horsemen of the Apocalypse, #1) by Jackie Morse Kessler. A very good story which was painful but realistic considering it comes from the author's own experiences of eating disorders. Loved the horseman of the apocalypse.

message 36: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments I saw that one, but haven't gotten it. I was wondering about that when I saw it was it was about an anorexic 17 yr old.

message 37: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 18556 comments That's a little too real for me. Not that I'm anorexic, far from it, but I've got a very skinny niece who's gone vegetarian.

message 38: by new_user (new)

new_user I didn't like that she was using it as a device. :/

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 1854 comments NU, I didn't see it that way. It's described in agonising detail as the author suffered from it herself. It's loosely based on what happened to her and her friend (she tells her story in the Author's Note as the back). I see it as more of an educational book, offering hope to those that do suffer from eating disorders with all sorts of advice and organisations listed at the end.

message 40: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh, well, that sounds more reasonable.

message 41: by Shelleyrae (new)

Shelleyrae at Book'd Out | 346 comments I just finished Motor City Fae - an ARC for netgalley - not bad , starting another ARC tonight No One Lives Twice

Motor City Fae (Urban Arcana, #1) by Cindy Spencer Pape No One Lives Twice by Julie Moffett

message 42: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments I just finished Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight Trilogy, #2) by Nancy Gideon and am a ways into Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

message 43: by OmG_iTs_LiZaRd (new)

OmG_iTs_LiZaRd | 1132 comments I'm reading Bustin' by Minda Webber Defending Angels (Beaufort & Company, #1) by Mary Stanton

message 44: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments I just started Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.

message 45: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) | 1603 comments I'm starting Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins and starting the audio of Turn Coat (The Dresden Files, #11) by Jim Butcher.

message 46: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments How are you liking it, Jackie M?

message 47: by Patrick (new)

message 48: by Laura Lulu (new)

Laura Lulu (LauraLulu) | 1603 comments I hope you like it Patrick! Awesome book.

message 49: by Jackie M (new)

Jackie M | 695 comments Steph wrote: "How are you liking it, Jackie M?"

I'm only a teeny way into it. But so far so good.

message 50: by Steph, Road Tripper!! (new)

Steph (Angel4492) | 22996 comments I've got about 40% left and it's not bad at all for YA. Esp since the main is 15 yrs old. I like it.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Turned (other topics)
Torn (other topics)
Magic Burns (other topics)
Unholy Magic (other topics)
Bone Crossed (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.R. Ward (other topics)
Karen Marie Moning (other topics)
Rachel Vincent (other topics)