Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Interracial Categories > White Woman/Asian Man

Comments (showing 1-42 of 42) (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 7202 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss books/movies/tv that feature the combination of a White woman and an Asian man. Please post link to the book or cover to the book you are discussing.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 7202 comments Mod
Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead has a love interest who is half-Japanese and half-Latino. He's super-duper sexy!

Some others:

Words of the Pitcher (Red Slipper Romance) by Kei Swanson Season of Sanematsu by Kei Swanson The Seabird of Sanematsu by Kei Swanson

message 3: by Pygmy (last edited Oct 26, 2010 12:39PM) (new)

Pygmy | 95 comments The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones
I can't recommend this book enough. Beautiful prose, beautiful story, and AMAZING descriptions of food. Keep a napkin handy because you might drool on the pages. :P

Also:
Lost in Translation
Love in Translation: A Novel
If You Follow Me

message 4: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (Delaney_Diamond) | 463 comments Lifetime will air a movie called "Marry Me" on Dec. 12th. It's a romantic comedy starring Lucy Liu. Looks interesting.

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/marr...

I'm looking forward to Marry Me. Enrique Murciano is playing one of her love interests, hopefully the one she ends up with. He is so cute!

message 6: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 5970 comments Mod
Is Marry Me a triangle story?

I'm not sure, but there are a few different guys on the commercial. I hope that it turns out it's mainly Enrique.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Oh it's more than one guy. I don't care for triangle stories.

Hi Dutch. Welcome. I'm a big romance fan, so I'm not sure I could make any recommendations for you that aren't romance novels. I think you might like The Russian Concubine, although I haven't read it.

message 10: by Pygmy (last edited Mar 02, 2011 01:10PM) (new)

Pygmy | 95 comments Hi Dutch, I too have some issues with outright romances! Some books I've read that you might like are:

Life-in-Asia type books
If You Follow Me by Malena Watrous Love in Translation A Novel by Wendy Tokunaga

YA book North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

Action-thriller Rain Fall (John Rain, #1) by Barry Eisler
I found this first book pretty okay, but all the rest of the books in the series built up even more wonderfully. The white female love interest doesn't show up until a couple books into the series.

message 11: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (Delaney_Diamond) | 463 comments Hi Dutch,

I write romance novels. I'm not offended by what you said, but I have to tell you, you're missing out if you think romance novels are "cookie-cutter." There are so many different genres and I've learned about history and other cultures from reading them. Entertainment and education--the best of both worlds.

Since you're looking for fiction with romantic elements, you might like
A Ship Made of Paper: A Novel. I felt drained after I read it. It's not a WW/AM story, but you might like it nonetheless.

Here's my review: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

Delaney Diamond

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

As a writer and reader of romance stories, I don't find them to be cookier cutters. Everyone has different reading taste and I respect that. I hope you find what you are looking for Dutch.

message 13: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 10 comments It might be old but here's some atypical Asian male and white female novels that I know of:

Till Morning Comes by Suyin Han

The Foreign Student A Novel by Susan Choi

The Lover by Marguerite Duras (haven't read it yet)

The North China Lover by Marguerite Duras

Hiroshima Mon Amour by Marguerite Duras (haven't read it yet)

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, Aurora!

Courtney Alyssa aka, Redwithabook  | 3 comments I know some of Jade Lee's books have this pairing in her Tigress series, I can't remember which ones in the series though.

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 335 comments Never Love a Bad Boy is about the Japanese gang lifestyle.

message 18: by Melody (new)

Melody (mel_expo) | 5 comments Hello! I'm new here. I see that Aurora has already metioned about about French author, Marguerite Duras.

The Lover by Marguerite Duras

I have read L'Amant (The Lover) many times before and will have to say I enjoyed it very much. The Lover is an mini-autobiograhy of her life, when she was younger while having an affair with an Chinese man, while living in Vietnam. The book got turnt into a movie back in 1992 staring the young Jane March and Tony Leung Ka-Fai.

Welcome, Melody! I have seen the movie, and wow, Tony was gorgeous in it!

message 20: by Melody (new)

Melody (mel_expo) | 5 comments Thank You! Yes, he was girl. *fans*

message 21: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3305 comments Mod
I'm starting The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall.

I'm looking forward to reading that, Michelle.

message 23: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "I'm looking forward to reading that, Michelle."

I love books from this time period!

Is that WWII, early 20th century? Me too!

message 25: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Is that WWII, early 20th century? Me too!"

I believe it's early 20th century. Either way, I'm sure I'm in for some romance, danger, and a history lesson while reading this one.

I can't wait to see what you think of it, Michelle.

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Apr 13, 2013 07:59PM) (new)

Here is a link to the book on Goodreads.

The Thread of a Thousand Miles

message 28: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21Tauri) | 9 comments Japanese man/White woman:
Mergers & Matrimony  by Allison Leigh

I have that book, Asterope. :)

message 30: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy | 95 comments Recently finished a good YA interracial romance--> Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

Oh great. Thanks, Pygmy!

message 32: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 293 comments This looks to be an White Woman/Asian Man romance

Red Shoes for Lab Blues

http://lyricalpress.com/2013/06/04/ne...

Just downloaded a sample, but haven't read it yet.

Hi Allan. I checked out your link to your blog, and it's okay, but please post a description for it and why you posted it with the name of the book you recommend and ideally a link on Goodreds. I almost deleted it because I thought it would be spam. Thank you!

message 34: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 293 comments Greta Van Der Rol
White Tiger

PNR
I think there is a excerpt up at her site. Haven't yet read, on my TBR.

message 35: by Alan (new)

Alan Yang | 6 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) wrote: "Hi Allan. I checked out your link to your blog, and it's okay, but please post a description for it and why you posted it with the name of the book you recommend and ideally a link on Goodreds. I a..."

Not sure what the rules are for authors when it comes to posting descriptions or making comments. Perhaps that's why I didn't write anything. Sorry it's been a while since I last checked this thread and didn't respond earlier.

No problem, Allan.

message 37: by Aurora (new)

Aurora | 10 comments mrsbookmark

I checked the author and I didn't see White Tiger. Instead she has published a book titled Black Tiger?

message 38: by Echo (new)

Echo  (mrsbookmark) | 293 comments Aurora wrote: "mrsbookmark

I checked the author and I didn't see White Tiger. Instead she has published a book titled Black Tiger?"

You're correct. My mistake.

Black Tiger by Greta van der Rol

message 39: by Jennifer (last edited Nov 01, 2015 02:49PM) (new)

Jennifer Hallock | 4 comments Under the Sugar Sun (Sugar Sun Series Book 1) by Jennifer HallockHello, folks. I'd like to add my new WW/AM book to this thread for your consideration. It is a historical romance about a Filipino male and white woman, set in the American colonial period in the Philippines (early 1900s). It is available now on Kindle Unlimited. Under the Sugar Sun

message 40: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Nov 07, 2015 06:33PM) (new)

I read The Jade Lioness, and I enjoyed it. 17th Century Japan. English heroine/Japanese heroine.

I was at Walmart and saw this on the shelf. Asian hero. I had to buy it.

Pregnant by the Rival CEO by Karen Booth

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Words of the Pitcher (other topics)
Season of Sanematsu (other topics)
Storm Born (other topics)
The Seabird of Sanematsu (other topics)
If You Follow Me (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Delaney Diamond (other topics)