Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

General Chatting > What You've Been Up To!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 198) (198 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 7024 comments Mod
Thanks to Stephanie for the suggestion. This thread is for members who can't check in more than once a week. Please feel free to post here to say what's up with you. Of course, all members are welcome to chat here.

Elise-banned from infomercials and ebay (Eliselovesshinyandnew) | 56 comments Hello, busy working and reading.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments Haven't been up to much of anything. Just working and reading, and reading and working. Since I haven't had any money lately ( long story) I've been having to raid my TBR bookshelf and finally start reading all those books that I haven't read yet because I've been buying new books,,,,,,,,but, now I am reading them........Did you understand any of that?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 7024 comments Mod
Makes perfect sense, Debbie. Good to hear from both of you!

message 5: by Trenice (new)

Trenice I've been busy writing and networking. Being an author is harder than I thought it would be *deep sigh* But, I love every mnute of it! :)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Williams | 128 comments Hello everyone! I'm working on a new book, in fact I just submitted it, so cross your fingers. I am now editing two more stories for submission.

Just finshed celebrating my birthday which was Thursday, so I'm here in the states with family and friends. :)

Happy Birthday, Stephanie.

I've been trying to keep up with my reading challenges, working, and trying to make it through a terribly hot summer. Haven't been writing too much lately, but I did write a little last night and hope to write more this weekend.

message 8: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 5842 comments Mod
Happy Be late BDay Stephanie.

message 9: by Stacy-Deanne (last edited Aug 07, 2010 05:18PM) (new)

Stacy-Deanne (wwwgoodreadscomstacydeanne) Been busy doing rewrites on the upcoming book for 2011 among getting promotional things together and working with my pub. They're already getting ready to do the cover, yaa! I don't have the official release date yet but it seems it will be the middle of next year. Maybe the spring or sooner. I'll let everyone know of course. We're already spreading the word around online (the pub as well), especially on Facebook and I'm working my social network sites. But I can't wait to get the cover!

Danielle, I'll be in contact with you about some possible promotion things for my book if you're interested. I've read your blog and you are doing great things, bringing IR readers and authors together.

Happy Birthday, Stephanie! I might have missed it but hope you enjoyed your B-day!

Best Wishes!

http://www.stacy-deanne.net

message 10: by LaVerne (new)

LaVerne (lavernethompson) | 77 comments I've been busy promoting work that came out Aug. 1 and the pirates had it Aug. 2. So you know how pissed I am. Am working on a book trailer for a paranormal I have coming out at the end of Sept. just submitted a story I cowrote with my good buddy Stephanie. And I'm working on 2 more stories.

The good news is school started today so hopefully that will free up more time. At least in theory. LOL!

If anyone wants to read an excerpt for the new paranormal here's the link http://www.lavernethompson.com/coming...

message 11: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments I've been busy working my 9 to 5 and completing first draft of MS. Have also begun outline for two new story ideas.

message 12: by Arch , Mod (new)

I have been busy taking care of some business, working out, giving a few shows my attention and plus writing my next installment to Trespassing.

I missed you, Arch!

message 14: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments I just found out that Susanna's Heart is up for best book for August, http://hea-reviews.blogspot.com/p/bes...

A.M./Brenda

message 15: by LaVerne (new)

LaVerne (lavernethompson) | 77 comments Hey Brenda- Congrats!

LaVerne

message 16: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Thanks LaVerne

message 17: by LaVerne (new)

LaVerne (lavernethompson) | 77 comments Fingers crossed.

Congratulations, Brenda!!!

message 19: by Arch , Mod (new)

I've missed you too Danielle.

message 20: by Loni (new)

Loni | 405 comments Hi Danielle and everyone. I've been working like a slave and getting paid like one too.

Just been in a funk, but it's getting better.

message 21: by Arch , Mod (new)

lol, Loni. Getting paid like a slave?

It's time for a raise.

Sending you happy vibes, Loni!

message 23: by Loni (new)

Loni | 405 comments Arch wrote: "lol, Loni. Getting paid like a slave?

It's time for a raise."

I know, right?! My company closed after 80 years, so I've had to do temp work for now. So much for a Masters doing much good. Oh well.

message 24: by Loni (last edited Sep 09, 2010 05:27PM) (new)

Loni | 405 comments Thank you! I really appreciate it.

message 25: by Arch , Mod (new)

Loni,

A door will open for you. Just hang in there.

Reminder about not hitting the reply button. Please edit your reply if you've done this. Use a new text box. Thanks!

message 27: by LaVerne (last edited Sep 09, 2010 10:42AM) (new)

LaVerne (lavernethompson) | 77 comments I just sent off the first round of edits for a short story that will be part of an anthology from Freya's Bower, whose sales will go to benefit battered women. I'll tell you guys more about it as we move forward. I've very excited about this.

message 28: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Bekah (page317) | 113 comments Mod
I just moved cross country!!!! I am officially an East Coast girl again...finally, and I do mean finally..this is the final time! :-) Still trying to get unpacked but I did take today to go and get a library card at the local library. Let me tell you about the local library! OMG, I think MY book collection is more extensive than theirs. Plus the library is soooo small! Luckily the card will work with all libraries in the state and they also have some ebook options I will get to take advantage of.

message 29: by Arch , Mod (new)

If you have more books than the library Bekah, then for sure that library is very small. They can check out books from you. :)

message 30: by Bekah, Mod (new)

:-) lol, I didn't think of that, but there is no way I'd lend out my books to them, not after seeing the condition of the majority of their books.

message 31: by Arch , Mod (new)

Bekah, maybe you can donate the books that you don't want to them. It seems as if their library is in need of some books.

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Sep 14, 2010 06:13AM) (new)

Bekah, that's sad that the library is so small. I hope you find a good used bookstore nearby! And, I'm glad the move went well!

message 33: by Bekah, Mod (new)

Thanks Danielle!!! I totally forgot about the used book store...probably because I'm trying to build my e book library because my space option is so small presently. I've resigned myself to only buying new books from the authors I MUST have. Ugh...this is so frustrating..because I do want books, lots and lots of books in my possession. I'm still trying to get used to owning e books and taking my pleasure from that....because you just can't really "see" them all over your house now can you???

Good idea Arch! I will have to consider doing that.

Bekah, I have quite an ebook collection myself. But, it's mainly IR and small press books, as well as free classics. I can totally understand the space issue, though. My sister is concentrating on ebooks because of her allergies.

message 35: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Hi everyone!!

How are things going?

message 36: by Arch , Mod (new)

Things are going great. How about for you Sharon?

Hi Sharon. Missed hearing from you.

Hi Tara. Congrats on the novella and good luck on your audio venture.

message 38: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Tara wrote: "Hi,everyone

Tara Newlands checking in. I've recently contracted for a new novella coming shortly. I'm also working on a new novella for one of my publishers.
I've recently finished a project doi..."

Congrats Tara

message 39: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Hi Sharon. Missed hearing from you.

Hi Tara. Congrats on the novella and good luck on your audio venture."

Danielleeeeeeeeeeeee
Can't complain..life has been busy lol

How are you doing?

message 40: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Arch wrote: "Things are going great. How about for you Sharon?"

Cannot complain

Sharon, since you've been gone, we've changed the rules a bit. I'm asking that you don't use the reply button when you post. Start an empty comment box. Thanks!

I didn't answer your question. I am making it. Have a bit of a summer cold, but I'm doing alright.

message 43: by Arch , Mod (new)

Summer colds aren't good.

They're certainly not. But this one's not so bad.

message 45: by Arch , Mod (new)

That's good to hear Danielle. Fight it until it's completely gone.

Thanks, Arch. I'm trying to take care of myself, since I have to go to work.

message 47: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 1996 comments Mod
Hope you feel better, Danielle. :-)

Aw, thanks, Rae. I'm okay. I've had a lot worse colds.

message 49: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Feel better Danielle!

Hope I remember this new rule lol

message 50: by JC (new)

JC (ainathiel) My update is that I am struggling through a math class and an anatomy and physiology class. It is slowly eating my brain. I am striving for a B grade to maintain my average.

I am also working on the third segment of the story I call Hybrid.

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (other topics)