Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Getting Started, Orientation > Welcome to the Group!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 442) (442 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Feb 02, 2012 10:10AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 2182 comments Mod
Hello new members! Thanks for joining! Us Harlequin Presents fans need to stick together.

Please introduce yourself when you get a chance.

General Rules:

1. Treat others and authors with respect. It's okay to say you don't like a book, or care for a certain author's writing, but it's not okay to get personal about it in your dislikes. We won't always disagree, which is fine. Let's do it with grace.

2. Feel free to start a thread for a topic that doesn't exist. Please check the various folders for threads before starting a thread. Duplicate threads will be closed, and posts will be moved to the existing thread for that topic.

3. Please use the Help thread if you are looking for a book but you don't remember the title. Please do not create extra threads for each book inquiry. Here is the Help thread:

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

4. If you have suggestions for this group, please let the moderators know. It's our group.

message 2: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Hello. I am a relatively new member here and it's great to know there are other addicted HP ladies out there. I read many an HP novel as a teenager and just recently started reading them again and find them completely addictive.

Question, how do you (and can you) start a separate discussion therad for this group?

message 3: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (last edited Feb 22, 2011 04:03PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 2182 comments Mod
Welcome Lululemon. Just click on the icon that says new to the right of where it says discussion board. Type in the subject and what you want to discuss in the empty comment box. If you don't put it into a folder, it will go to the general folder, and I will put it where it goes.

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat Kat | 1 comments Hello. I read mainly HP and paranormal romances. The harder life is, the more I read. So lately, I am reading way too much! I started reading HP when I was a teenager and started reading them again alot, the last two years.

I am happy to be part of this group. I am eager to listen to others suggestions on good reads and contribute when I can. Thanks.

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Welcome, Kat! I am a big time escapist reader.

message 6: by Sapheron (new)

Sapheron | 52 comments Welcome to the family Kat.

message 7: by Verity (new)

Verity | 565 comments Warm & fuzzy welcome, all newbies ! The more, the merrier ;^2

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Glad to have you, Lyraa!

message 9: by Lefox (new)

Lefox | 1 comments Just joined. I've been reading hp for more years than I like to think about. These are pure escapism that everyone needs in their lives. Nice to find other additcts!

message 10: by Verity (new)

Verity | 565 comments Yay ! it's nevah too crowded here. Welcome, gals =^P

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Welcome, Lefox. Happy you joined!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm excited because yesterday, my daughter went to the library to check out a book and they were having a Friends of the Library sale. She got 14 Harlequins, some older ones, for a grand total of 75cents!!!

message 13: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "I'm excited because yesterday, my daughter went to the library to check out a book and they were having a Friends of the Library sale. She got 14 Harlequins, some older ones, for a grand total of 7..."

Whoa, that's an amazing bargain! I see someone will be very busy the next few weeks!

message 14: by Verity (new)

Verity | 565 comments Wot a GR8 coup. U gotta tell us the titles, UM =^)~

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I just added them to my Harlequin shelves.... I'll try and figure out which ones they were. Do I post them here?

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick OK, here they are -

The Latin Lover's Secret Child (The Galvan Brides #4) (Harlequin Presents) by Jane Porter The Spaniard's Passion (The Galvan Brides) (Harlequin Presents, 2363) by Jane Porter Back In The Boss's Bed  (Nine To Five) by Sharon Kendrick A Kiss for the King by Barbara Cartland The Cowboy's Lover (Harlequin Superromance No. 619) by Ada Steward The Stolen Bride (Baldwin Brides) (Harlequin Historical, No. 535) by Susan Spencer Paul If I Must Choose (Harlequin Superromance No. 583) by Lynda Trent Better Man (Silhouette Romance, No 488) by Brenda Trent A Woman With Secrets (Harlequin Superromance) by Inglath Cooper and then the non-Harlequins are...

The Earl's Mistletoe Bride by Joanna Maitland Lady Elizabeth's Comet by Sheila Simonson Her Outback Man by Margaret Way Promised to a Stranger by Linda O'Brien

message 17: by Verity (new)

Verity | 565 comments Wow that's an envy-worthy bag of treats, UM. Methinks I've only read Susan Spencer Paul. My local library books are 25 - 50 cents each. Still a steal tho' ;o)~

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks, Verity. I'm tempted to go back and get more. They had 15 bundles of 5 each. I forgot to list Sold to a Laird by Karen Ranney one other I couldn't find on my list.

message 19: by Verity (new)

Verity | 565 comments I luved Karen Ranney. Tapestry (made me teary-eyed) & After the kiss are among my all-time fav. I gotta migrate 2 where U R haha...

message 20: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Hmm . . . The Spaniard's Passion (The Galvan Brides) sounds intriguing.

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

That's totally awesome, D! I love a good steal like that!

message 22: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Apr 13, 2011 08:36PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "That's totally awesome, D! I love a good steal like that!"

Thanks, Lady D. I'm excited! I'm really thinking about going back and buying more. It's good for the library!

Of course, it's totally selfless on my part, true? LOL

message 23: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Absolutely selfless! I perform that public service when I can, as well. :)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Absolutely selfless! I perform that public service when I can, as well. :)"

See, I knew there was a reason I loved you so much!! We both so.... civic minded that way! LOL

message 25: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

True that, Sister Mine!

message 26: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Hello Everyone,

I am kouk, 27 yrs. old.
I joined Goodreads today, so everything on this site is new to me.

Just recentely i rediscovered Harlequin books, i used to read them in Dutch, but now only in English.
That way i also have more choice in books!
I also read Paranormal romance, UF and YA books.

If you have any recommendations for Harlequin's please let me know!

I look forward to talk about books with all of you!

message 27: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Welcome, Kouk. Glad you joined. I like PNR, UF, and YA also.

message 28: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Welcome Kouk! The more the merrier!

You should check out the favorites discussion thread here http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2... to see some of the books other readers have liked for recommendations. It would be helpful to know the themes you enjoy in an HP novel for more targeted recommendations.

message 29: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Thank you, Lady Danielle & Lululemon!

I wil check out the thread!

message 30: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 722 comments glad you could join us, welcome!

message 31: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Thank you Vashti!

message 32: by Sam (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments hey evryone.. i am sam 24yrs.. just joined good reads yest... its so good to noe tht there so many ppl who like readin harlequin..
i love readin harlequins, and mills and boon..
can we read books on goodreads or is it just reviews?...

message 33: by Lisa Kay (last edited May 27, 2011 02:27AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 244 comments Welcome, Sam. Just reviews, as far as I know. Some people have posted some on their writings on their home page.

message 34: by Sam (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments oh.. thanks lisa...

message 35: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Welcome Sam!

message 36: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Welcome to the group, Sam. Like Lisa Kay said, some people post stories on their profiles that you can read.

message 37: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Feel free to add books to our groupshelf. I only ask that they be Harlequin Presents, not other lines.

message 38: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Welcome to the group Sam!
I hope you will like it here!

message 39: by Sam (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments thanks kouk and lululemon.. i will...

message 40: by Sam (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments has anyone read the wrong mirror by emma darcy?.. i am plannin to read but cant get it.. does anyone how to download it?...

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I read it, but I found a used copy online.

message 42: by Sam (new)

Sam (tahseen) | 16 comments oh okay...

message 43: by Azbookie (new)

Azbookie | 1 comments Wanted to say "hello!" I'm a long time HP reader (and new to GR). Can't seem to stay away from them.

message 44: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Welcome to the party Azbookie. Good to have a new member to share the addiction.

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Welcome, Azbookie!

message 46: by Kouk (last edited Jun 09, 2011 12:23PM) (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Welcome to the group Azbookie!

I hope you will like it here!

message 47: by Chrissy315 (new)

Chrissy315 Jones | 1 comments Hi, my name is Chrissy. I love Harlequin books. Some of my favorite memories is going to yard sales with my mom. Finding harlequins for .10 cents a piece. My mom and I would buy a bag of them and switch reading them.

message 48: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Chrissy315 wrote: "Hi, my name is Chrissy. I love Harlequin books. Some of my favorite memories is going to yard sales with my mom. Finding harlequins for .10 cents a piece. My mom and I would buy a bag of them and s..."

Welcome Chrissy! So cool that you used to swap HPs with your mom. I used to read mine under the covers to hide from my mom!

message 49: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Jordan (wayne_jordan) | 16 comments I grew up on Harlequin books and while I don't get to read as many as I would since I am now a published author with Harlequin, I still love these passionate stories that are still nostalgic and remind me of my teenager years.

I'm also the host for the Harlequin Presents forum on eharlequin.com. Feel free to drop by, since like me, I hope you can't get enought of chatting about Harleqquin Presents. Some of the Harlequin authors even drop by for our Passion Week which takes place every month.

Here is the link:

http://community.eharlequin.com/forum...

Wayne

message 50: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Hi Wayne! Glad you joined us. I will have to drop by the HP forum. It sounds fun.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Spaniard's Passion (other topics)
The Cowboy's Lover (other topics)
A Kiss for the King (other topics)
Her Outback Man (other topics)
Better Man (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah Morgan (other topics)
Maisey Yates (other topics)