Karen Chance Fans discussion

The Characters > Consuls and Senate members

Comments (showing 1-50 of 70) (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Mel (last edited Aug 02, 2010 06:32AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments There was a question on KC's website about the consuls and I think it was very interesting.

What we've got so far:

North American Consul: Cleopatra

European Consul: Marc Anthony

They were made by the same vampire. Who else thinks it was Caesar?
Anyway, Caesar is dead now, so I don't think we'll see him, unless Cassie goes back in time again.

African consul: a big mystery that will be revealed.

message 2: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments She said that there was a clue in CbS, but I'm too lazy to read it and find out.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Me too...

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Too lazy to read KC! *mouth gapes open in utter astonishment*

message 5: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Correction. Too lazy to read the non-Pritkin related parts of KC.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments I 100% agree! I am re-reading the third book right now(having skipped the first two).

My cousin is borrowing the first two at the mo, but I probably wouldn't have re-read them anyway.

message 7: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments But . . . but tattoo parlour hotness. Gotta love the tattoo parlour hotness! Speaking of which I rewrote that from Pritkin's point of view if you're interested. It's up on ff.net under the original title, The Tattoo Parlour.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments That is completely true, but Pritkin is just so more involved in the third and fourth books. Thought I agree that the Tattoo Parlor scene is priceless.

Well...technically it cost a fraction of $7.00 since that's about how much the whole book costs, but you get my point :)

message 9: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments I know. *Pritkin induced catatonic state*

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments lol

message 11: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Maeve wrote: "But . . . but tattoo parlour hotness. Gotta love the tattoo parlour hotness! Speaking of which I rewrote that from Pritkin's point of view if you're interested. It's up on ff.net under the original..."

Could you put it on your GR profile? Cause I can't get into that weird site. *grumblegrumble*

message 12: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Enjee | 1193 comments Mod
Maeve - the link you provide does not go to fan fiction . net.

All: go to the "Websites" folder here in the group and select the Fan Fiction topic. The link to fan fiction .net is there, already filtered for all stories in the Cassie Palmer fandom.

message 13: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Oh, I'm really sorry, that wasn't a link, that was just the name of the site! I didn't realise the stupid thing would go all link like. FF. net is just a shorthand, like lol or rotflmao.

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Well give us the link!!!

message 15: by Enjee, Founder (new)

Here is a link to the "Cassandra Palmer" fan fiction site:

Cassandra Palmer fan fiction

The authors always beg for reviews, so if you read a story and you liked it, you might consider leaving a review.

message 16: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Maeve are you SynethesiaTastesGrey?

message 17: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments SHHHHHH!!! Don't be comprimising my secret identity!!! Although I'm pretty sure everyone already knows who I am. Awesome name, huh? Another excellent author to check out is drekadair. McCora is good too and PrimaveraScript, Fuzzipenguin and onedaytoday all do very clever/cute shorts.
I would love to tell you which authors to avoid, but they'd probably find out and flame me to hell and back. Sigh. Better hold back on the bitchiness. Maybe I'll go and kick puppies instead.

message 18: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments I read your stuff maeve and really like it. yea better quality pritkin smut!!

message 19: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Thanks. I've been extremely lazy with the writing lately. I haven't written anything for the last chapter of Complications yet, the plot bunnies are all in hiding. Driven away by the insane Irish weather. Seriously, it rained there for literally two seconds and then it just stopped. What the hell is wrong with this country?!

message 20: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments And now the sun is shining. WTF?!!

message 21: by Josie (new)

Josie | 664 comments Haha, England's not much better - the UK's weather is pretty screwed up...

message 22: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Well hopefully we won't get flooded/frozen again this Christmas.

message 23: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Hah. We are now truly Irish. We're talking about the weather.

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments You want interesting you should come live here it can go from -30 c to +15 in a week and a half..currently *sigh* its raining

message 25: by Josie (new)

Josie | 664 comments Lol you started it Maeve! Talking about the weather... what has this group come to?

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 64 comments We'll be pulling out rocker chairs, canes, and tea/lemonade next. LOL

message 27: by Maeve (last edited Sep 15, 2010 07:58AM) (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments No, that's not Irish at all!

If you're an oul' male, you have to wear a flat cap, a shapeless old coat and be obsessed with stout.

If you're an oul' female, you need to ruthlessly Catholic (doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, so long as you're not Protestant), have the beadiest eyes ever created and a severe tea addiction.

That's the way we do it over here. Oh, and it helps to be heavily involved in the local football/camogie teams. (Gaelic football and camogie are our official national sports. Our unofficial ones are drinking and casual bigotry)

message 28: by Kat (last edited Sep 15, 2010 08:02AM) (new)

Kat | 237 comments hhmmm pritkin wearing a football uniform with a beer sounds nice

message 29: by Josie (new)

Josie | 664 comments Lol, I don't think Pritkin-look-alikes are the type of men Maeve was thinking about!

message 30: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments I know but just go with the segue

message 31: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments I love how you take whatever we're talking about and make it dirty and Pritkin related.
Speaking of him and sport, I once had a dream in which he was playing basketball. He was really good at it. And he looked really hot in those sleeveless tops they wear. But you'd think given my general tendency to perviness, I'd have made him a swimming champ. Raowr!

message 32: by Josie (new)

Josie | 664 comments Well I expected Pritkin to be good at basketball. I imagine he would be good at all sports tbh. If only I could have a dream of Pritkin swimming, I'll give it a go tonight.

message 33: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments "I love how you take whatever we're talking about and make it dirty and Pritkin related."
*shrugs* its a talent

message 34: by Mel (last edited Sep 15, 2010 09:14AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Maeve you are very very very talented. I feel a sisterly pride momemt coming up, where are my hankies?

Seriously: your stories are really good. I hope you keep on writing and don't forget about us later on when you get famous.

There is this one girl -forgot her name- who keeps writing about herself and Pritkin and Mircea. Blah! Didn't like her style at all.

message 35: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Yes. Her. Hmmm. No comment. (must avoid flaming) Ah, screw it, I'll come right out and say it, I really hate her stuff.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1165 comments I don't know...I never saw Pritkin as the team player. I mean he's more barking orders kind of guy.
Maybe on a team of angry war mages...was it not Mel saying that angry war mage do it better?
I must say that Maeve, the way you write other characters POV is spot on (If I had 1/8 of your talent that's the way I would have the stories).

message 37: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Hell yeah, angry war mages do it better!
And they have pretty dicks :)

message 38: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Didn't Amelia made a tshirt about it?

message 39: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Yes, she did and she refused to export it, much to my disgust. But another rule of Irish families is that they must feud horribly.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1165 comments That's too bad!

message 41: by Aori (new)

Aori Hanazari | 64 comments lol this was supposed to be about Consuls but turned in a different direction instead.
I want to read some fanfictions! Do they have Mircea in them? In a good light? xP

message 42: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (Senceless) | 26 comments uhm your question is also not about the consuls ^^;
but look in the FanFiction-thread...there is the link for the website

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1165 comments Hummm..Consuls. We know that shapeshifting is a trick that the American Consuls has up her sleeves. What are the other Consuls capable of?

message 44: by Issy123 (new)

Issy123 | 14 comments It mentions in CtD that Parendra(spelling?) form India turns into a cobra I think!

message 45: by Aori (new)

Aori Hanazari | 64 comments @Nadine Really? Didn't know that. Sorry about that. And thank you.

Issy123 you are right. The Indian Consul does turn into a cobra.

message 46: by Ayalla (new)

Ayalla | 23 comments Don't forget the asian consul Ming-de.
I like to know her story with Mircea.
We know that she got a good taste with expensive shirts.
And she can use her fans as a weapon, like war mages with their weapons.
I thought vampires can't use magic the way mages do. So how is she doing it? And that her chair is floating, looks like mage magic too.

Are there are only 5 conculs? America (Cleopatra), Latin-America (Alejandro), Europe (Marc Anthony), Africa/India (Parendra), Asia (Ming-de)?
Asia is quiet big compared to Europe. But vampires in the middle east? Bit sunny and warm there, same with Africa. Unfair territory sizes. I like to know how big the vampire population is in every territory.

We only don't know anything useful about Parendra, beside that he can change into a cobra. And that hes friendly with the american and european consuls.. but nothing else ):

And what about Antarctic? Frozen vampires? :D

message 47: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (Kurosymph) | 136 comments Ayalla wrote: "And she can use her fans as a weapon, like war mages with their weapons.
I thought vampires can't use magic the way mages do. So how is she doing it? And that her chair is floating, looks like mage magic too."

Some vamps are telekinetic, like LC, Tomas and Mircea. And Ming-de is more poweful than any of them...

Parindra isn't the African Consul. However KC said we've seen the real one in CbS at the big vamp party.

And what about Antarctic? Frozen vampires?
no people=no vamps ^^

message 48: by Ayalla (last edited Jul 04, 2011 11:41AM) (new)

Ayalla | 23 comments Sophie wrote: "Ayalla wrote: "And she can use her fans as a weapon, like war mages with their weapons.
I thought vampires can't use magic the way mages do. So how is she doing it? And that her chair is floating, ..."

Whos the African Consul then?
Is he that :
"[...] but there were a few more exotically dressed guests including an African chief wearing enough gold to buy a small country and a guy in a toga[...]"
?
Marco plus the African Consul?
And that means there are 6 consuls? Ah yes, Midnight's Daughter its said that there are 6 senates.
So who is the African Consul?

Are there were-penguins? Actually are there shifters in the cassandra palmer universe or only werewolves?
If I ever gonna write a book, it will have werepenguins in it.

message 49: by Enjee, Founder (new)

We had a pretty good discussion of that in another thread:
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/3...

starts around post 11

message 50: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (Kurosymph) | 136 comments @ Ayalla
I'd buy your book just because of the were-penguins ^^

I'm not sure, but it seems to me KC said in her Lia stories that there were other types of Weres;

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread