Karen Chance Fans discussion

Series Discussions > Which is your favorite book or short story?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 184) (184 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Enjee, Founder (last edited Mar 12, 2013 03:16PM) (new)

Enjee | 1193 comments Mod
Which Karen Chance book/short story really stands out among the others? What did you like best about it?

Cassandra Palmer series:

Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance Claimed By Shadow (Cassandra Palmer, #2) by Karen Chance Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3) by Karen Chance Curse the Dawn (Cassandra Palmer, #4) by Karen Chance Hunt the Moon (Cassandra Palmer, #5) by Karen Chance Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6) by Karen Chance

Dorina Basarab series:
Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1) by Karen Chance Death's Mistress (Dorina Basarab, #2) by Karen Chance Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3) by Karen Chance
Lia de Croissets (short stories in these anthologies):
Rogue Elements in Wolfsbane and Mistletoe by Charlaine Harris, Vegas Odds in Strange Brew by P.N. Elrod, Skin Deep in Inked (World of the Lupi, #5.5) by Karen Chance

Short stories (available) of various characters:
Claire Lachesis: Buying Trouble (Dorina Basarab, #1.1) by Karen Chance also in the anthology On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs
Tomas: The Day of the Dead (Cassandra Palmer, #3.1) by Karen Chance also in the anthology The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance by Trisha Telep
Kit Marlowe & Gillian: The Gauntlet by Karen Chance which also appears in The Mammoth Book Of Paranormal Romance 2 by Trisha Telep, and The Queen's Witch by Karen Chance
Dory: "In Vino Veritas" in the anthology (June 2011) Chicks Kick Butt  by Rachel Caine
Pritkin: A Family Affair (Cassandra Palmer, #4.1) by Karen Chance The House at Cobb End by Karen Chance Shadowland (Cassandra Palmer, #4.2) by Karen Chance (available for free on the Karen Chance website)

Short stories (future):
Mircea:Masks (Cassandra Palmer Short) by Karen Chance

For a timeline of the books and short stories, see Karen's website in the Books section, or click this link;
http://www.karenchance.com/timeline.html

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 64 comments Was it Embrace the Night when the geis took off? Or was it Claimed by Shadow? That was my favorite. It involved hot Pritkin and lusty Mircea and jailed Tomas and faeries.

message 3: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Claimed by Shadow. That is one of the best ones. It has a lot more talking than the other books, I think.

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments My favorite was Embrace the Night. I think it had a lot to do with the Notre Dame scene...

message 5: by Enjee, Founder (last edited Jan 28, 2011 02:48PM) (new)

I have to agree with Mel. I liked 'Embrace the Night' most of all (so far). (view spoiler)

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie (Angie_C) My favorite is " Embrace the Night" too. I think we see more of Cassie and Mircea together in this book, and it has great scenes :)

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (Savitar) | 1 comments I love all Dorina Basarbs books

message 8: by Yasmeen (Yaz) (new)

Yasmeen (Yaz) I'm for team Pritkin, and Curse the Dawn was my favourite. That was where the whole Cassie and Pritkin relationship changed. We saw a different side to Pritkin and found out more about him.

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Oh I totally forgot: Midnight's Daughter was shared fav with Embrace the Night. I loved and hated the ending... snif snif :'(

message 10: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Why hated? I can't remember, did something sad happen?

message 11: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Yeahaaaaa. LC left!?!

message 12: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Oh, yeah, I was getting confused with DM, and I was thinking, wtf, that had a brilliant ending!

message 13: by Mel (last edited Aug 22, 2010 01:23AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Oh LOL, I didn't like that ending either. I know this sounds horrible (especially considering my feelings about the ending in MD) but it was too happy and sweet. I got that LC didn't want to leave her because he felt the undeniable need to protect her, but we're talking about a majorly traumatized guy with serious commintment issues. And I refuse to believe that he left so suddenly the first time because of Christine. That excuse was lame.

message 14: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments It wasn't just because of Christine. It was because of Radu, Jonathon and his horrible experiences before he was turned.

message 15: by Mel (last edited Aug 22, 2010 04:31AM) (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Exactly! And those things still stand! So I don't get why he had no trouble staying this time. I guess his feelings for Dory overrule his inner demons?

message 16: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments That would be the general idea, I think.

message 17: by Maeve (last edited Aug 22, 2010 12:32PM) (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments I actually loved DM,it was the first book that I started to really care for Mircea in. That's the problem with choosing between him and Pritkin. They're both so epically fucked up already that you can't stand to see them go through more. But I still love Pritkin.

message 18: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Oh but don't get me wrong. I loved DM too! I tried to stretch the reading out to three days and it was a three days of high entertainement, lots of laughs and ooooooh the tension! And hey: it has Louis-Cesare in it, what's not to like?
It's just that: Dory's books seem somewhat dark. The ending in this one, with the epilogue in which everything was explained and everyone (except for Micrea) was at Dory's bed... that was just a bit too much to my taste. But I'm a nitpicking bitch I know.. ;)

message 19: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Enjee wrote: "Which Karen Chance book/short story really stands out among the others? What did you like best about it?"

I copied the Shadowland short before Karen Chance took it off the net, and I have to say, even unfinished it's pretty freaking fantastic--then again, I have a HUGE crush on Pritkin, so I'm a bit bias...

message 20: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Yasmeen wrote: "I'm for team Pritkin, and Curse the Dawn was my favourite. That was where the whole Cassie and Pritkin relationship changed. We saw a different side to Pritkin and found out more about him."

Yeah! I'm pro Pritkin, too! Rock on!

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Pritkin, wooooohooooo!

message 22: by Maeve (new)

Maeve O' Keeffe (Camogiefreak) | 798 comments Completely solid cheese, yaaaaayy!!!

message 23: by Diana (new)

Diana (wonderbooks) | 1 comments Just recently I've found about Karen Chance books and Claimed by Shadow is my favorite until now. I'm totally hooked with Cassie Palmer series.

message 24: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Yay Diana! CbS is great. Tattoo parlor scene anyone?
Have you read the rest of the Cassie books or the Dory books? Embrace the Night and Midnight's Daughter are my favorites :)

message 25: by Jet (new)

Jet | 5 comments I think I'll have to say my favourite is HtM as theres a naked Cassie & naked Pritkin & a bed & all unanswered questions as to what will happen next XD

message 26: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Well unfortunately Marco burst in the door, so I'm guessing the party is over :(

message 27: by Jet (new)

Jet | 5 comments Mircea could be behind Marco....and Mircea could be naked as well, or is that just wishful thinking?

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Loss (supersteffy) | 136 comments Jet wrote: "Mircea could be behind Marco....and Mircea could be naked as well, or is that just wishful thinking?"

LOL! Wishful thinking most likely.

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1165 comments Not sure that it would be a good idea. If Mircea walks on them, my guess is that Pritkin will loose its 'pretty dick'...and nobody wants that...not even him.

message 30: by Enjee, Founder (last edited Jan 28, 2011 02:49PM) (new)

I wonder if it would grow back if that happened. (view spoiler)

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1165 comments True, he did use magic to repair his leg in CbS and his demon blood helps too...not sure if it extends to regenerating a missing...part?

message 32: by Enjee, Founder (last edited Jan 28, 2011 02:49PM) (new)

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Kat (new)

Kat | 237 comments that would be an awkward scene....Pritkin," You manky bastard! Now it will take forever to grow back!" roflmao

Valerie ~ Val Hall ~ | 1165 comments More time with Mircea then :(, I want to see Pritkin loose control for a change.

message 35: by jD (last edited Oct 25, 2010 06:06PM) (new)

jD (jD_4EverBooked) I love all things Dorina and Louis-Cesare. Dori is more mature than Cassie. I love her barbs. Cassie has more adventure but I an getting tired of the fact that she won't hook-up at least once with Pitkin.

message 36: by ♋ Carol☯ (new)

♋  Carol☯  (Poopsie) | 365 comments Don't forget the age difference btw dorina &cassie
Dorina's been around a lot longer!

message 37: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 12 comments I'm not sure there so good, I kind of liked Dorina's story alot maybe its because I like Mircea so much. I enjoyed them all to tell you the truth.

message 38: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 12 comments Stephanie wrote: "Yasmeen wrote: "I'm for team Pritkin, and Curse the Dawn was my favourite. That was where the whole Cassie and Pritkin relationship changed. We saw a different side to Pritkin and found out more ..."

Yeah that was a great part of the books

message 39: by Rika (new)

Rika | 7 comments I just found the Cassandra Palmer series and immediately got hooked. I think the series gets better and books 3 & 4 are both very enjoyable. Though if I'd have to choose Curse the Dawn would win, my favorite part being the time spent in Pritkin's old house. A short reprieve from the action, revealing many interesting things about Cassie and Pritkin.

As a new member of this group I'd also like to say I've enjoyed reading through your old posts. You guys have great sense of humor and your devotion to Pritkin warms my heart ;) I've yet to read the Dorina Basarab series and I have a strange reluctance to start it. Maybe it's because a certain war mage doesn't appear in them...

message 40: by Josie (new)

Josie | 664 comments Aww, yeah CtD was very Pritkin centred which was good :)
And Dorina is very good also since it has a certain handsome french vampire...

message 41: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Rika, you'll love Dorina, I'm sure. It's darker and more cynical but there is the luscious Louis-Cesare, a peek to another side of Mircea and Dorina is so very funny!
Try the books!

message 42: by Leona (new)

Leona | 13 comments I actually sort of prefer Dory as a protagonist overall. Love Louis Cesare and loved getting to see Dory and Mircea re-connect. I really liked Mircea in the Cassie books, but grew to love the character after reading the first two Dory books.

message 43: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments I'm with you Leona. If I had to choose Dorina would be my favorite too. I Iike that the books are a bit darker, I love that Dorina is more hands on and I loooove the sizzle between her and LC :)

Oh, LC and his tongue... *sigh*

message 44: by Kayley (new)

Kayley (Kaci-Rose) | 9 comments I prefer the dory series to the cassie series. I find cassie to be a bit whiney occasionally but still love her. My fave dory book would be the first one midnight daughter, I think it's cuz of the chemistry between Louis Cesare and dory. Theres tons in the second book too but LC doesn't particularly like dory the "damphir" in this one but is still attracted lol. I think cassie should end up with mircea, I think between the two series I've started rooting for him. He should end up happy.

message 45: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Oooh Kayley, come and chat at the Dory thread, I wonder what you mean by LC not liking Dory the dhampir!

message 46: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 12 comments I love these books I have to say that I too like Dory better than Cassie. She should just get with Mircea already.

message 47: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 12 comments Mel wrote: "Oooh Kayley, come and chat at the Dory thread, I wonder what you mean by LC not liking Dory the dhampir!"

What did you mean by "damphir"?

message 48: by Kayley (new)

Kayley (Kaci-Rose) | 9 comments Charlotte go check out the dory thread. Linkson comment from mel. I've explained all lol.

message 49: by Deanna (new)

Deanna (StacksHaveMercy) I like all the Cassie books, but Midnight's Daughter was maybe my favorite. Dorina's emotions are so real to me, and so maybe I just love her more.

I'm rooting for Mircea & Cassie, though Priiken is interesting.

AND, Mircea needs to just tell Dory & Cassie about each other!

message 50: by Mel (new)

Mel (mel_b) | 406 comments Oh yeah! I can't wait :)

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Death's Mistress (other topics)
Embrace the Night (other topics)
Claimed By Shadow (other topics)
Touch the Dark (other topics)
The Queen's Witch (other topics)
More...