Comfort Reads discussion

Chit Chat - TV & Movies > eat. pray. love.

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 2 comments is this one of those cases where i definitely have to read the book before the movie?? i have been putting it off for some reason.

message 2: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Matteson | 24 comments Something tells me it's going to be like Under the Tuscan Sun--nothing like the book! But I could be way off on this one!

message 3: by Lisa, Co-Mod Comfort Reader Extraordinaire (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 3850 comments Mod
I moved this to the chit chat folder tv and movies to get it out of the general folder. Andrea, feel free to move it to a better folder if you see one.

message 4: by Diane D. (new)

Diane D. | 498 comments I don't think reading the book will be necessary to see the movie...I did read the book and I plan to see the movie. From the trailers I've seen, it looks like it is going to follow the book. I hope it's not like Under the Tuscan Sun! Barbara, you're so right--it was NOTHING like the book. I was really disappointed in the movie.

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy  (readr4ever) | 1853 comments This is one of the few cases in which I plan to see the movie without feeling compelled to read the book first. I hope it lives up to its hype. I usually like Julia Roberts.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't like the book (don't throw stuff at me!). I assume that I'd like the movie much better because I like Julia Roberts. I can't imagine that she will seem as selfish as the actual author.

unread topics | mark unread