SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

RIP: Dead Threads > Read it again Sam - Comfort Reads

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

We all have a book or two or five that we could read over and over again, and are often read as a means to get over a reading dry spell...

What is your "read it again (and again, and again, and again) book(s)"?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I do like that one, and I got a rather large giggle out of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, despite the crappy star rating I gave it.

I have quite a few but if I was to narrow it down it would have to be the Three Sisters Island Trilogy by Nora Roberts

message 4: by Sandra, Winter is Coming ... (new)

Sandra | 13380 comments I've read some of my books 5, 10 even 20 times. I'm a great re-reader, if I like a book enough I keep re-reading it. Favourite re-reads include Jayne Ann Krentz, Georgette Heyer, Amanda Quick (yes JAK by another name), just started re-reading Patricia Briggs.

If I'm in the reading doldrums, perusing my GR shelves often inspires me to pick out a book and have a re-read. Very comforting, like a nice warm blankey and tea and toast.

message 5: by Sandra J (last edited Jul 29, 2010 04:53AM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 133 comments I love to reread my favorites, especially if I'm in a (temporary) reading slump; or if I have something else that absolutely has to get done, and I have no time to get sucked into a new book. Usually my rereads are any of Jayne Ann Krentz/ Amanda Quick/ Jayne Castle books or one of the first 5 BDBs. Shelly Laurenston's books have been added to favorite rereads lately, too.

message 6: by Sandra, Winter is Coming ... (new)

Sandra | 13380 comments Us Sandras sound really alike. lol. What good choices Sandra J, I really like Shelly Laurenston's books too, and yes they get re-read also. Yay Team Sandra!!!!

Jenny Schwartz (jenny_schwartz) I've read and re-read Georgette Heyer, Barbara Michaels/Elizabeth Peters, Terry Pratchett, Patricia Wrede and a whole host of others. In paranormal I think my favourite comfort re-reader might be Patricia Briggs. I really like Moon Called. So reading Sandra's comment (Hi!) I might have to try Jayne Ann Krentz.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Sandra wrote: "I've read some of my books 5, 10 even 20 times. I'm a great re-reader, if I like a book enough I keep re-reading it. Favourite re-reads include Jayne Ann Krentz, Georgette Heyer, Amanda Quick (yes ..."

Wow! 20 times, I don't think my hubby would let me sit long enough for that! lol, he's a man who would prefer to be out and about than sitting and reading.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I see a lot of new author names that I need to take a look at! :o)

...Yeah, I had an ulterior motive for this question... hehehe

Jenny Schwartz (jenny_schwartz) My internet connection is currently hating me. Wonder if this comment makes it through? Can't actually see what I'm typing, just seeing character count changing. Weird.

Anyway, wanted to say to Erronious -- devious ... I like that ;)

message 11: by Sandra, Winter is Coming ... (new)

Sandra | 13380 comments Erin, I'm quite a bit older than you and I started reading Georgette Heyer in my mid teens. In fact I started reading Jayne Ann Krentz then too.

My hubbby is also a non-reader so I feel your pain!!!

Kindlelicious | 39 comments I have been thinking about re-reading the IAD series by Kresley Cole again lately. I just really loved those books!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Sandra wrote: "Erin, I'm quite a bit older than you and I started reading Georgette Heyer in my mid teens. In fact I started reading Jayne Ann Krentz then too.

My hubbby is also a non-reader so I feel your pain!!!"

It is not so much non-reader, as "if it is not Henry Rollins, Chuck Palahniuk or Chuck Klosterman what's the point?" for him.... Which is great that he is socially aware, (my first major was Sociology and Social Deviance... and Deviant children wonder why I am not mad at them as often as they expect.... hmmm) but I don't think any of these men have published anything new in a while, and the last time I saw him with a book in hand was 6 months ago now, and with my family upbringing not having a book in your hand atleast once a month is a "Non-reader"

message 14: by Judithe, Soap Operas never end.... (new)

Judithe | 5398 comments Erronious said: with my family upbringing not having a book in your hand atleast once a month is a "Non-reader"

That is so true! (at least in my family, too).

I have so many favorite re-reads that I couldn't list them all here...but Anne McCaffrey, Patricia Briggs, Nalini Singh are three I've been enjoying re-reading recently.

Diane ~Firefly~ | 431 comments I have to agree with the Sandras - JAK (in all forms) is my favorite to re-read. I also enjoy re-reading Jennifer Crusie, David Eddings, Kelley Armstrong and just random books I'm in the mood for.

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 133 comments Oh, yes! I love Cruise's Bet Me and Getting Rid of Bradley (my all time fav!-love Zach and the dogs!). Terrific rereads for a laugh. They're almost as funny as Laurenston's.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pride and Prejudice (other topics)
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)
Henry Rollins (other topics)
Chuck Palahniuk (other topics)
Chuck Klosterman (other topics)