SciFi and Fantasy eBook Club discussion

Monthly Nominations > Monthly Book Nominations Volunteer spot

Comments (showing 1-42)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 42: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Geoffrey (Geoffreys) | 908 comments Mod
OK, Michael, you're down for May ...

Michael | 50 comments I'm happy to take the next SF slot.

message 40: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Maggie wrote: "I will take the next Sci-Fi slot."

I put you in for March ...

Maggie K | 52 comments I will take the next Sci-Fi slot.

Greg (Geemont) | 443 comments I'll take January '15 science fiction.

Esther | 12 comments Awesome!

message 36: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Esther wrote: "Hi. I'm keen to volunteer for one of the Fantasy months early next year - either Feb or April is fine :)"

I got you down for February so I'll be asking you for a list around November .....

Esther | 12 comments Hi. I'm keen to volunteer for one of the Fantasy months early next year - either Feb or April is fine :)

message 34: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Sorry, Mike, I missed your early post. I got you down now ....

Geoffrey

Michael | 50 comments Happy to do the next free slot.
Mike

message 32: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Wastrel wrote: "I know I don't contribute much to this group, but I'd be happy to nominate for October fantasy - the advantage of never getting around to reading as much as I'd like is that I've got plenty of inte..."

OK. :) You're in.

Wastrel | 30 comments I know I don't contribute much to this group, but I'd be happy to nominate for October fantasy - the advantage of never getting around to reading as much as I'd like is that I've got plenty of interesting books I want to read/re-read, and I could do with the company...

Michael | 50 comments Happy to do September SF.
Mike

message 29: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Perfect, Maggie. You're in. :)

Maggie K | 52 comments I'd be happy to do August Fantasy :)

Bev (Greenginger) | 42 comments Geoffrey wrote: "Cool. Want to do June's fantasy? I'll bug you around the end of this month for your selections or you PM me whenever you are happy with your list ...."

Yep no probs just remind me:)

message 26: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Cool. Want to do June's fantasy? I'll bug you around the end of this month for your selections or you PM me whenever you are happy with your list ....

Bev (Greenginger) | 42 comments Hi i am happy to do any month or genre. just let me know :)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) | 81 comments happy to do February -thanks

Chance Maree I'll take the science fiction month after Greg, or in May, if that is still open for Science Fiction.

Greg (Geemont) | 443 comments I'll take the next open science fiction.

message 21: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

We do the nominations a few months ahead - I was actually coming to update the list and make a call for volunteers. You can have Fantasy nominations for February if you like.

I'll probably send you a reminder message asking for your nominations around October 25th or something like that and we'll vote in November ...

Ben Rowe (benwickens) | 81 comments I see there is noone down for October - I can do it if you are needing someone - happy either way.

message 19: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Our Greg came to me with an idea for volunteer nominations by members - instead of listing specific books, giving plot synopses and voting on them. I like this idea and thought it would be fun to do next month to mix things up again. So fun.

And, In the process of trying new things, I accidentally switched months for volunteer nomination genres .. whoopsies ....

So, August, Sept. and Oct are open for volunteers. If you want to volunteer, now's your chance to get on the list ... If you want to try something new, then let me know your idea - I'm game ...

Lee Moore Sounds good!

message 17: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

How about May Fantasy? We're voting on March Now. May Fantasy will be voted on In March, though ...

Lee Moore I'll take March-Fantasy.

message 15: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Ok, got you marked down

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) | 20 comments I'd like April-Science Fiction:)

Greg (Geemont) | 443 comments You can always threaten to assign me a month if you don't get any volunteers.

message 12: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

OK, you're in. I'm probably going to take one (at least one) but I'll wait until others have taken their spots.

Donna (DonnaHR) | 346 comments Mod
I'll take February Science Fiction.

message 10: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

I was looking at the runners up list from the past few polls and decided the end of the year would be good for another runners up vote ... unless anyone objects. :)

message 9: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

Perfect. I've added you both onto the schedule.

Charles (NogDog) I'm up for doing a selection set again whenever you need. I can do October (my birthday month ;-) ).

Mallory Heart Reviews (Ever-Haunted_Ever-Reader) | 20 comments I'd like to take September-Fantasy (my birthday month LOL)

Greg (Geemont) | 443 comments Works for me.

message 5: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

How about August?

Greg (Geemont) | 443 comments I did Fantasy in March, but I'd like to pick for science fiction.

message 3: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (new)

I was looking through the list and the threads and I saw that I skipped a couple people who volunteered by mistake and then there were a couple who volunteered in January and then never came back to our little group ... So, I got a wild hair and decided to start this list over.

Volunteer spots are now open. Pick a month and let me know. I'll be asking about 2 months ahead of time for your list so whoever volunteers for July can start making their list right away ...

message 2: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (last edited 52 minutes ago) (new)

When you volunteer, I'll update the list for the next open month for your chosen genre - unless you want a particular month.

June '14 - Fantasy – Bev
July '14 – Science Fiction - Geoffrey
August '14 - Fantasy - Maggie
September '14 - Science Fiction - Michael
October '14 - Fantasy - Wastrel
November '14 - Science Fiction - 2014 Runners up
December '14 - Fantasy - 2014 Runners up
January '15 - Science Fiction – Greg
February '15 - Fantasy - Esther
March '15 - Science Fiction - Maggie

April '15 - Fantasy - Geoffrey
May '15 - Science Fiction - Michael
June '15 - Fantasy –
July '15 – Science Fiction -
August '15 - Fantasy -
September '15 - Science Fiction -
October '15 - Fantasy -
November '15 - Science Fiction - 2015 Runners up
December '15 - Fantasy - 2015 Runners up

message 1: by Geoffrey, The One, The Only (last edited Apr 27, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

So, this is the thread for the beginning of the month book nominations:

1. You volunteer to be a selector and at the same time pick whether you're volunteering for a Fantasy or Science Fiction Month.
2. Anyone can volunteer, of course, and volunteer more than once - just don't get piggy.
3. In this thread, I'll post a list of nominees for specific months as well as remind you a few weeks ahead of time.
4. The list will be 3 or 4 books(no more than 5 for you overachievers) from different authors and where at least one of the books is less than 5 years old.
5. If no one volunteers for a particular month, we'll just wing it ...

Then we'll all still vote on them a week before month's end ...

unread topics | mark unread