Reading with Style
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
This topic has been viewed by 2006 unique people.
Rules and Guidelines
> Rules and Guidelines
(showing 1-1 of 1)
post a comment »
(last edited Dec 15, 2011 09:35AM)
Jul 25, 2010 06:43AM
Reading with Style was originally designed as an outgrowth of the original Seasonal Reading Challenge, where players received points for reading books that fulfilled certain tasks. As that challenge became bigger and bigger, it was decided that a smaller, more streamlined set of reading tasks would be most ideal. Then, a system of bonus points, or "Style Categories," was added so that readers could strategize to gain more points or be rewarded for reading fewer but more challenging books.
The rules are simple:
1) Any member of Goodreads can participate.
2) Challenges begin on September 1st, December 1st, March 1st, and June 1st.
3) Participants can join at any time during a challenge.
4) To score points, you must post books that you have read in the "Completed Tasks" thread of the current challenge. Your post must followed guidelines that have been established.
5) Unless a request has been made and subsequently granted, books must be a minimum of 100 pages in order to receive points.
6) Questions, reviews, and ideas for future challenges should be posted in the appropriate thread/topics.
Starting with the Fall 2010 challenge, a sub-challenge has been created as part of Reading with Style. This sub-challenge has its own set of guidelines and Style Points. Points scored as part of the sub-challenge count towards your overall Reading with Style score.
back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
Flagging a post will send it to the Goodreads Customer Care team for review. We take abuse seriously in our discussion boards. Only flag comments that clearly need our attention. As a general rule we do not censor any content on the site. The only content we will consider removing is spam, slanderous attacks on other members, or extremely offensive content (eg. pornography, pro-Nazi, child abuse, etc). We will not remove any content for bad language alone, or being critical of a particular book.
Reading with Style
© 2015 Goodreads Inc
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.